Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WYMT Opening Week Top-10 Show
(08-16-2023, 09:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: They did great job with their reporting, interviews, highlights and commentary. Ratings are just for fun.

10. Hazard
 9.  Belfry
 8.  Shelby Valley
 7.  Bell County
 6.  Pulaski County
 5.  Breathitt County
 4.  Johnson Central
 3.  Southwestern
 2.  Corbin
 1.  Pikeville

Thoughts?
I thought WYMT done a great job last night……….. 64SUR top 10

1. Corbin 
2. Southwestern 
3. Johnson Central 
4. Pikeville 
5. Bell County 
6. Pulaski County
7. North Laurel 
8. Belfry 
9. Shelby Valley
10. Breathitt County
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
I was not impressed with the segment on Johnson Central. I don't recall them even mentioning McCoart, Conley, and Music. I don't think they mentioned any of the backs by name except the QB, who had a speaking part. Maybe that's how Coach Peck wanted it. It seemed like big omissions to me, considering the fact that JC led the state in rushing last season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • 64SUR
(08-17-2023, 12:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 08:05 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Breathitt at number 5 is hilarious.

My unranked Colonels can compete with Breathitt.
I don't disagree at all Dougie.

(08-17-2023, 01:48 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 09:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: They did great job with their reporting, interviews, highlights and commentary. Ratings are just for fun.

10. Hazard
 9.  Belfry
 8.  Shelby Valley
 7.  Bell County
 6.  Pulaski County
 5.  Breathitt County
 4.  Johnson Central
 3.  Southwestern
 2.  Corbin
 1.  Pikeville

Thoughts?
I thought WYMT done a great job last night……….. 64SUR top 10

1. Corbin 
2. Southwestern 
3. Johnson Central 
4. Pikeville 
5. Bell County 
6. Pulaski County
7. North Laurel 
8. Belfry 
9. Shelby Valley
10. Breathitt County
This list looks a lot better.
I like 64SUR's rankings much better than WYMT's.

Love my Panthers but I don't think I would have them #1 in the mountains going into the season, I would think Corbin should be the clear #1

2-4 could be in any order I suppose but Southwestern-Johnson Central-Pikeville looks good

Bell County looks good at filling out the Top 5

6-8 could also probably be interchangeable but Pulaski County-North Laurel-Belfry looks good

Shelby Valley and Breathitt County look good at filling out the top 10.

WYMT's sports department tries Im sure when it comes to local sports but.....
[-] The following 2 users Like Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Letcher central schedule is brutal this year. My cougars are playing 6 of the top 10 teams plus Raceland who is #2 in class A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • jetpilot
Corbin is #1 in the mountains hands down. After that its up for grabs between 2-6.
You all keep sleeping on Breathitt. By the way I don't think they should be at 5 right now either but I think as the season rolls on this team has the chance to improve as much as anyone. Yes they need to develop a QB and stick to running the ball but I think Breathitt is practicing on Thanksgiving if seeding goes as I see.

I have no problem Pikeville being #1. Championships talk.
(08-18-2023, 10:42 AM)wolfcat Wrote: You all keep sleeping on Breathitt. By the way I don't think they should be at 5 right now either but I think as the season rolls on this team has the chance to improve as much as anyone. Yes they need to develop a QB and stick to running the ball but I think Breathitt is practicing on Thanksgiving if seeding goes as I see.

Breathitt is highly overrated.
(08-18-2023, 11:49 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 10:42 AM)wolfcat Wrote: You all keep sleeping on Breathitt. By the way I don't think they should be at 5 right now either but I think as the season rolls on this team has the chance to improve as much as anyone. Yes they need to develop a QB and stick to running the ball but I think Breathitt is practicing on Thanksgiving if seeding goes as I see.

Breathitt is highly overrated.
I agree. Breathitt is not the 5th best team in the mountains. Any poll that doesn’t have Corbin #1 I have to question.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • pjdoug

10. Hazard
 9.  Belfry
 8.  Shelby Valley
 7.  Bell County
 6.  Pulaski County
 5.  Breathitt County
 4.  Johnson Central
 3.  Southwestern
 2.  Corbin
 1.  Pikeville

Thoughts?
I’m shocked. The people at wymt that had final say on this have chose the wrong profession and hopefully can find a more suitable job in the future. 
1. Belfry returns its QB and whole backfield. easily 4 tds better than valley and probably runs breathitt off the field tonight.
2. Breathitt returns sperry, but loses their whole offense last year in the QB. They have 2 offensive lineman that are very very good but other than that how can you put them even in the top 8
3. Hazard looked weak in all facets against bell. Maybe got 3 first downs in 3 quarters of varsity play. Compare that to middlesboro who returns 11 starters and a guy who will make a run for the 1A player of the year.
4. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, the red hounds will and should run through any team in the mountains now that the twins are eligible. Probably a 2-3 touchdown game between corbin and number 2 on the list.

This just is another piece of evidence of the pure ignorance of some people. The production of the show and all the previews sucked like how they explained things, questions they asked, etc. There needs to be more independent sports coverage sites like BSN or some of the region sites that take the time to be accurate and make the kids most important. Like people get paid… for this

10. Hazard
 9.  Belfry
 8.  Shelby Valley
 7.  Bell County
 6.  Pulaski County
 5.  Breathitt County
 4.  Johnson Central
 3.  Southwestern
 2.  Corbin
 1.  Pikeville

Thoughts?

Lawrence county is going to surprise alot this year I believe!! Shelby Valley is next week at home and Lawrence will hopefully be hitting on all cylinders