Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which team has your team NEVER
played that you would very much like to see them play?
I don't recall Prestonsburg ever playing Russell and I would love to see that matchup.
Pike Central and Pikeville
rallo316 Wrote:Pike Central and Pikeville

PikeCentral and Pikeville has never played???
believe it or not.. no they havent. Atleast not in the last 10 years.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:believe it or not.. no they havent. Atleast not in the last 10 years.

I may remember one game back in the day but then again maybe not.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't recall Prestonsburg ever playing Russell and I would love to see that matchup.
Russell an Prestonsburg has played... Nov 6, 1998, Pburg won the game 28-22, first round playoffs...
Capt. DH Wrote:I may remember one game back in the day but then again maybe not.

They may have, I got on khsaa.org and looked at there records and it goes back to 1998, and they havent played starting from 98 to now.
i would like to see magoffin and breathitt play. it would probably be a blowout but would like to see it.
Ashland vs. Bowling Green
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland vs. Bowling Green

even if you met half way, it would be a haul
They've played before but I would like to see Belfry play one of the 3

Highlands
Bell Co.
Lex Cath
Blau Vogel Wrote:even if you met half way, it would be a haul

No doubt. Certainly one of the contributing factors to the fact that we've never met. Another is that we've almost always been in the same classification and most coaches don't like playing teams in their class outside of district and playoffs because of the rematch factor. Somewhere in Ashland's history we've met with the majority of the big school contenders in the state and BG is just one we've never had the pleasure of taking the field with.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I would like to see Belfry vs. Bell County.
Pikeville
Pike Central
Never is a long time. Whitley County has not played Williamsburg (in 29 years) or Corbin (in 27 years) although all three schools reside in Whitley County and both schools are within 10 miles of Whitley High.

I think most people would love to see these games on an annual basis.
Possum Bait Wrote:Never is a long time. Whitley County has not played Williamsburg (in 29 years) or Corbin (in 27 years) although all three schools reside in Whitley County and both schools are within 10 miles of Whitley High.

I think most people would love to see these games on an annual basis.

I would love to see them play again. I can't believe its been that long. I graduated from Whitley County in 1975. Corbin was beating everybody back then and Williamsburg was a much smaller school than Whitley but still beat us. I guess it got to be embarrassing losing to them all the time so they just stopped playing them. What a shame. When I went to Whitley County they weren't known as a football school. Basketball was their thing. It would be great to see them start playing each other again.
Tomcat68 Wrote:No doubt. Certainly one of the contributing factors to the fact that we've never met. Another is that we've almost always been in the same classification and most coaches don't like playing teams in their class outside of district and playoffs because of the rematch factor. Somewhere in Ashland's history we've met with the majority of the big school contenders in the state and BG is just one we've never had the pleasure of taking the field with.

I would like to see B.G. and Ashland play myself. It would be a long trip either way but would sure be fun to watch. Ashlands little league team came over here to B.G. this summer to play in the state championships. My son played on the B.G. East team and we met some very nice people from over there. They had a very good team and their parents were First Class. They sure represented Ashland proudly.
I would like to see Letcher County Central play several mountain teams they have yet to face in the regular season. I guess......
1) Belfry- Don't really know why, but it seems like it could be a good rivalry to try and develop.
2) Pikeville- Would be interesting to see Coach Howard face the school that he led to state campionships.
3)Breathitt County- They've met a in scrimmages, but we haven't played them in a regular season match up yet
Possum Bait Wrote:Never is a long time.

I agree...let's say YOU have never seen but would like to.
I would love to see south floyd and pburg play.....i kno it would probley be a one sided game but there are so much hate between there two schools it would def be a hard hitting game thats for sure.....alot of pride at stake if this game was to happen.....
kyr450 Wrote:Russell an Prestonsburg has played... Nov 6, 1998, Pburg won the game 28-22, first round playoffs...
That was on that fumble call wasn't it. We fair caught a punt and the kid stood there with the ball the whistle blew and he put the ball down on the ground. The other team jumped on it and the ref gave the ball to them.
Or am I mistaken about this game??????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:That was on that fumble call wasn't it. We fair caught a punt and the kid stood there with the ball the whistle blew and he put the ball down on the ground. The other team jumped on it and the ref gave the ball to them.
Or am I mistaken about this game??????

Not really sure, probably. Thats is the only time I can find that they have played....
i would also like to see Letcher Central play Belfry or pikeville. maybe even cumberland or well the new harlan school thats opening up next year.....i mean the schools aint that far away.... there are alot of teams i think lcc should play like Johnson Central, Licoln co, and the red hounds of corbin...... but my opinion doesnt matter seeing that im only a player....