Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 55 Harlan 52 13th Region
Congratulations Jaguars!!!

Great game, very hard fought!!  Green Dragons gave the Jags all they wanted!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, Cactus Jack
Was hoping the Green Dragons would pull it off.
The Golden Boy with the Golden Assist to Golden Cuz to win the game!
They messed the clock up seen Harlan’s play that was open McLendon down hill could of mad it to top of key for three
Harlan has nothing to hang their heads about. Great effort and came up a little short. Really felt for McLendon when he fouled out. Take Chadwell away from North and I think you have a different outcome.

I don't get all the bashing of Akal. I didn't see this lack of structure that some like to talk about. They're a small team that needs to spread you out and hope that they make some shots and chase down long rebounds.

North will probably be feeling like they might have dodged a bullet and ready to bring it against South Laurel-- I thought the game really swung for Harlan after Reed picked up his fourth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Waitaminute
Great game!
Davidson had the worst game I’ve ever seen him play for North, couldn’t make an open shot, kept turning it over. But he had the guts to knock the game winner down. He’s usuallly rock solid, doubt if you’ll see him have that poor of a game again. I think North will be fine against South, but if they get Harlan Co. in the final a performance like tonight’s won’t cut it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Hats off to north great kids. That was the game plan make Reed and chadwell beat u don’t give up open 3s bc reed is a great passer of u help
(03-01-2023, 10:05 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: The Golden Boy with the Golden Assist to Golden Cuz to win the game!
Zero wins in Cal's house.   ZERO!!!
Great game tonight. Congratulations North Laurel and Green dragon on a awesome season. Ps…. Should have been more than 2.2 seconds at the end of game…..just saying
(03-01-2023, 11:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 10:05 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: The Golden Boy with the Golden Assist to Golden Cuz to win the game!

(03-01-2023, 11:24 PM)64SUR Wrote: Great game tonight. Congratulations North Laurel and Green dragon on a awesome season.  Ps…. Should have been more than 2.2 seconds at the end of game…..just saying

When did the replay which was a lot. I came up with 1.8 seconds.   just saying.
(03-02-2023, 12:37 AM)predict_proba Wrote:

(03-01-2023, 11:24 PM)64SUR Wrote: Great game tonight. Congratulations North Laurel and Green dragon on a awesome season.  Ps…. Should have been more than 2.2 seconds at the end of game…..just saying

Started clock early and allowed North to see play that was being ran just saying

(03-02-2023, 12:59 AM)runthepill Wrote:

Started clock early and allowed North to see play that was being ran just saying

Call a timeout run a new play? Just saying. LOL  The chances of hitting a shot with the opposite end inbound are pretty nil even with 3 seconds on the clock.
They just used their last timeout they were out just saying it a terrible ending to a great game great officiating game as well.

The play that was running was wide open had McLendon going getting a past from gist off a back screen he would almost made it to the volleyball line. We will never know if he made it or not. Probably a honest mistake from the clock keeper but very unfortunate.

The rebound Reed got on a missed free throw was huge. It speaks a lot about his leadership
[-] The following 2 users Like Real baller's post:
  • Black Bear Cuz, Cactus Jack
Shepperd and Davidson are two of my favorite performers from the 13th. Handsome and talented young players who are smooth and normally very consistent. I thought both of them played below their level last night. That isn't meant to be negative toward them, or even critical. Everybody has good and not so good games during their career. But I never thought I'd see a whole quarter that was absent a score from Shepperd, and Davidson missing a wide open and uncontested lay up.

The game ending buzzer sounded before the inbound pass was even caught. Which means that the clock was started as soon as the pass was thrown. And before the officials sorted out the problem, the score keeper had already put 1.3 seconds back on the clock. These were very unfortunate for Harlan and I'm sure it messed with their mind. But these kinds of things happen. Sometimes.

The reason Harlan lost was because of their poor shooting in the second half. In the fourth quarter, they would take an incredible amount of time just to find a shot.

This was, to me, a very unusual game. After everything is sorted and torn apart, it was a hard fought and very entertaining game. North Laurel and Harlan should both be congratulated!
(03-02-2023, 08:44 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Shepperd and Davidson are two of my favorite performers from the 13th.  Handsome and talented young players who are smooth and normally very consistent.  I thought both of them played below their level last night.  That isn't meant to be negative toward them, or even critical.  Everybody has good and not so good games during their career.  But I never thought I'd see a whole quarter that was absent a score from Shepperd, and Davidson missing a wide open and uncontested lay up.

The game ending buzzer sounded before the inbound pass was even caught.  Which means that the clock was started as soon as the pass was thrown.  And before the officials sorted out the problem, the score keeper had already put 1.3 seconds back on the clock.  These were very unfortunate for Harlan and I'm sure it messed with their mind.  But these kinds of things happen.  Sometimes.

The reason Harlan lost was because of their poor shooting in the second half.  In the fourth quarter, they would take an incredible amount of time just to find a shot.

This was, to me, a very unusual game.  After everything is sorted and torn apart, it was a hard fought and very entertaining game.  North Laurel and Harlan should both be congratulated!
Very well said on all points Granny! I thought Harlan outplayed North the entire game, but just didn't make the critical shots that could have put them in the drivers seat instead of North getting there. Was a great game to watch for everyone except for the NL faithful I guess, scared them to death  I would guess..
I don't know that it would have mattered because at best, Harlan ties it and goes into overtime without McLendon, but I thought that the 2.2 seconds was just a bit short and that the clock operator's error on the final inbound came at the absolute worst time possible.

I don't think that Harlan was robbed or that it was anything intentional, just some really tough breaks when they needed everything that could have worked out in their favor to do so.
I think Harlan and Harlan Co are the only 2 teams that could possibly beat NL. Harlan Ind had their shot. Harlan Co has to make it to the championship game to have their shot and I don’t think they get it done.
The great Trevor Sherman predicted a North Laurel-Corbin final and I think Trev will be viewed as the modern-day Nostradamus. Jags-Hounds in the final. Jags go to Rupp.
(03-02-2023, 01:51 PM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 08:44 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Shepperd and Davidson are two of my favorite performers from the 13th.  Handsome and talented young players who are smooth and normally very consistent.  I thought both of them played below their level last night.  That isn't meant to be negative toward them, or even critical.  Everybody has good and not so good games during their career.  But I never thought I'd see a whole quarter that was absent a score from Shepperd, and Davidson missing a wide open and uncontested lay up.

The game ending buzzer sounded before the inbound pass was even caught.  Which means that the clock was started as soon as the pass was thrown.  And before the officials sorted out the problem, the score keeper had already put 1.3 seconds back on the clock.  These were very unfortunate for Harlan and I'm sure it messed with their mind.  But these kinds of things happen.  Sometimes.

The reason Harlan lost was because of their poor shooting in the second half.  In the fourth quarter, they would take an incredible amount of time just to find a shot.

This was, to me, a very unusual game.  After everything is sorted and torn apart, it was a hard fought and very entertaining game.  North Laurel and Harlan should both be congratulated!
Very well said on all points Granny! I thought Harlan outplayed North the entire game, but just didn't make the critical shots that could have put them in the drivers seat instead of North getting there. Was a great game to watch for everyone except for the NL faithful I guess, scared them to death  I would guess..

KUDOS to Harlan City! Great season for Harlan City and Coach Akal. They were just a couple of shots and a rebound away from upsetting NL.  Harlan outplayed NL and I feel they are not getting the respect they deserve. All we have seen and read is how the McD's All American had an off night. Well - Lets give a little credit to Harlan Citys' Rax All Americans defense on him and how their defense caused it.  They switched and stayed on him all night causing him to only have a few open shots. Definitely had the NL faithful and their #1 fanboy Les worried.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • Black Bear Cuz
Really good game, I'm penciling in Harlan Co as region champs after watching this one though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • Black Bear Cuz
(03-02-2023, 02:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The great Trevor Sherman predicted a North Laurel-Corbin final and I think Trev will be viewed as the modern-day Nostradamus.  Jags-Hounds in the final.    Jags go to Rupp.
Don’t get too far ahead of yourself pal, South Laurel is not a team to take for granted, they have 3 pretty good guards along with a couple solid interior players and play great defense. I believe South has a legitimate shot at upsetting the blue and green.. I am thinking maybe a SL/HC final
(03-02-2023, 05:31 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Really good game, I'm penciling in Harlan Co as region champs after watching this one though.

Better get out your eraser.

(03-02-2023, 06:05 PM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 02:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The great Trevor Sherman predicted a North Laurel-Corbin final and I think Trev will be viewed as the modern-day Nostradamus.  Jags-Hounds in the final.    Jags go to Rupp.
Don’t get too far ahead of yourself pal, South Laurel is not a team to take for granted, they have 3 pretty good guards along with a couple solid interior players and play great defense. I believe South has a legitimate shot at upsetting the blue and green.. I am thinking maybe a SL/HC final

Depends on which London team chokes less, something both are noted for in March.  I'll flip my Pres. Obama commemorative coin. Heads, North chokes; tails, South chokes.   Hold on... 

Looks like South chokes.   North goes to the finals to face the Hounds. 

I hope Obama coin is wrong. I would love to see Corbin-South Round 4. That would be an absolute dynamite game.