Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos at Buckhorn
Anyone have any insight on what is going on there? I seen a post on twitter of a Facebook screenshot that said most of the players have quit. From my understanding, it is in regards to them wanting their coach gone.
(01-14-2023, 09:14 PM)griffman Wrote: Anyone have any insight on what is going on there? I seen a post on twitter of a Facebook screenshot that said most of the players have quit. From my understanding, it is in regards to them wanting their coach gone.

Heard there was an altercation after the Buckhorn and Knott game between the coach and players family. The coach has cancelled most of the hard games the rest of the season and kept the easy ones, hoping he can get some 7/8th graders to play up. He definitely has a hot head/anger issues as I’ve seen several incidents in which he has portrayed a horrible temper. Hopefully, they do replace him after this year.
Maybe the Coach don’t take any shhhittt. Should be able to take up for himself.
Wasn’t there a controversy with this coach and cordia last season?
Coach McCoy is a great guy, he just don’t take anyone’s bullshit. If you are rude to him, he will be rude back to you. People need to understand that some people can’t be ran over.
(01-15-2023, 05:36 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Coach McCoy is a great guy, he just don’t take anyone’s bullshit.  If you are rude to him, he will be rude back to you.  People need to understand that some people can’t be ran over.
Coach McCoy had the same issues at Lee Co & Owsley Co, when your at your third school with same issues coming up it’s pretty obvious what the problems are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silver hawk's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
He’s an old school coach in a candy ass region. Guy doesn’t baby kids, he holds them accountable. May be why we don’t win any games in the state tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • wolfcat
Huge difference in being tough on kids and holding them accountable and putting your hands on kids and calling the kids names!!
(01-15-2023, 05:36 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Coach McCoy is a great guy, he just don’t take anyone’s bullshit.  If you are rude to him, he will be rude back to you.  People need to understand that some people can’t be ran over.

That’s not the issue at all with him. Most people I know don’t take anyone’s bullshit or run over them. Tell me one coach that does? So that’s clearly not why he doesn’t need to be in a coaching position. Teenage kids on a basketball floor can get in his head. Dude has some issues. A man that can’t control his temper enough… not to raise a hand at a young woman is nobody that needs to be representing a school, in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaterBoy15thregion's post:
  • Mountainparkway
What exactly happened? Put some info on the table before you try to talk bad about the guy smearing his name.
I don’t know him personally but I do know for a fact he has raised his hands on women.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
What’s that got to do with his team and coaching?
Character and moral fiber
  • WaterBoy15thregion
You see him do it? Or was it just something you heard like 99.9 percent of people? Women can lie just like a man can pal. Ain’t none of the coaches in our area saints by no means either.
I’ve seen the battered, bruises and black eyes of the victims. Just curious to why you’re so aggressive with defending him so hard. U must be kin or him. I don’t know his coaching style and don’t really care. It is what it is. Hopefully he’s doing better now since then. This has been close to 15 years ago or longer.
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(01-16-2023, 10:43 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: You see him do it?  Or was it just something you heard like 99.9 percent of people?  Women can lie just like a man can pal.  Ain’t none of the coaches in our area saints by no means either.

He’s obviously close to you. You comment on a lot of threads but never speak as personal as this seems to be with you. Yes, I have witnessed some behavior that exhibits characteristics that don’t need to be in his position in my opinion.

(01-16-2023, 11:09 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I’ve seen the battered, bruises and black eyes of the victims. Just curious to why you’re so aggressive with defending him so hard. U must be kin or him. I don’t know his coaching style and don’t really care. It is what it is. Hopefully he’s doing better now since then. This has been close to 15 years ago or longer.

I completely agree! He’s extremely aggressive with defending him, I think we may assume who dukeboy’s identity is, at least an excellent guess or presumption. Can’t convince me otherwise now!
Waterboy it don’t matter who I am buddy. What are you gonna do about it? I don’t Know anything about his past to be honest. People here jump the gun and hang people out to dry not knowing the truth. I ASK WHAT DID HE DO?

Good lord if he done all those bad things then why was he allowed to coach? Catch my drift. Know he shouldn’t been beating up on women either. I agree with that. Is he a convicted felon?