Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset Head Coach Robbie Lucas Passes Away
Somerset Head Coach Robbie Lucas passed away suddenly today at his home.  
Please keep his family, and the Somerset family, in your thoughts.  He was only 51 and leaves behind a wife and 2 daughters.  

He was a great coach and a great person. He'll be missed.
[-] The following 3 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • barnabus_c2001, Jack Lambert, SomeBunnyFan_10
Sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace.
(11-14-2022, 12:33 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: Somerset Head Coach Robbie Lucas passed away suddenly today at his home.  
Please keep his family, and the Somerset family, in your thoughts.  He was only 51 and leaves behind a wife and 2 daughters.  

Terrible, TERRIBLE news!!!! I've always rooted for the Jumpers when they weren't playing the Hounds. Always loved travelling over there for big district games.  I hope his family is able to find comfort in this difficult time. Just tragic!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, Patriot1
Old school said exactly what I was gonna say. Terrible news. So sorry for the family and community. I liked somerset and what he did with sharron (sp). Thoughts and prayers are with you
Robbie Lucas was truly a great coach, an even better person. To say he will be missed is an understatement. Not only was he great at coaching X’s and O’s , he was even better at molding boys in to men . Regardless of football he made it possible for kids to succeed when they otherwise would not have the chance. This is truly a heartbreaking loss for me personally and a even bigger loss to this community. Prayers to the Lucas family in what will be extremely tough days ahead. The impact he has made on this community and the countless lives he has touched will never be forgotten. R.I.P Luke ….
And as he would always say ..
Long Live The Brotherhood………
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, Walt Longmire
Prayers to the Lucas family. The fact that he went on so long coaching despite going through his illness really shows what kind of caring man he was. I didn’t know Coach Lucas and just found out about his medical stuff a few weeks ago, but everyone always said great things about him. May God comfort his family, friends, and sports family and may he rest in peace. God bless y’all in Somerset.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Old School Hound, Walt Longmire
He was a great coach hate so bad to hear that terrible news.  prayers for his family, friends, and past players. He coached one of the greatest state championship games I’ve ever watched in 2019 with kiya sheron at qb winning on a last second play to beat a great mayfield team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Old School Hound
(11-14-2022, 12:48 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: Robbie Lucas was truly a great coach, an even better person. To say he will be missed is an understatement. Not only was he great at coaching X’s and O’s , he was even better at molding boys in to men . Regardless of football he made it possible for kids to succeed when they otherwise would not have the chance. This is truly a heartbreaking loss for me personally and a even bigger loss to this community. Prayers to the Lucas family in what will be extremely tough days ahead. The impact he has made on this community and the countless lives he has touched will never be forgotten. R.I.P Luke ….

sorry about your guys loss! 
(11-14-2022, 12:48 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: Robbie Lucas was truly a great coach, an even better person. To say he will be missed is an understatement. Not only was he great at coaching X’s and O’s , he was even better at molding boys in to men . Regardless of football he made it possible for kids to succeed when they otherwise would not have the chance. This is truly a heartbreaking loss for me personally and a even bigger loss to this community. Prayers to the Lucas family in what will be extremely tough days ahead. The impact he has made on this community and the countless lives he has touched will never be forgotten. R.I.P Luke ….

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a great guy. I know he was an exceptional football coach.
(11-14-2022, 12:33 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: Somerset Head Coach Robbie Lucas passed away suddenly today at his home.  

I hate to hear this Sad . He was one of my favorites and I wished for him to coach my team.
We watch games for our temporary enjoyment. Then life kicks us in the balls. For a moment we regain perspective, then lose it again. This is a kick in the balls moment. A perspective-regaining moment. Hold that thought.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach, Gold River
As a football fan of the game, it kind of just stops you for the moment when you hear of news like this. Definitely prayers for his family, players, staff and community.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8
Prayers for his family and the community.
Prayers for the family and Somerset football family!!
Thoughts and Prayers for the family and the Somerset community.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-14-2022, 01:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: We watch games for our temporary enjoyment. Then life kicks us in the balls. For a moment we regain perspective, then lose it again.  This is a kick in the balls moment.  A perspective-regaining moment. Hold that thought.

You got that right. When it comes down to it there really are more important things. Life is too short, so spend all the time you can with familuy and friends making memories, because we never know when  we'll leave this world. If I can do anything at all to help the family I hope they'll let me know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Deuce8
Prayers for Coach Lucas’s family, loved ones, and the Somerset Football program, may god lay a merciful hand on you all of healing and comfort…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Patriot1
Prayers to the family, football program, and community.
well very sorry to hear this. I wish the family well, and he will be missed for sure. RIP coach
Prayers For this Family and Community!!
Very sad news. Didn’t know him, but he was a heck of a coach. He developed some awfully good teams. Big, strong, hard nosed, physical football teams that brought the game to you. Condolences to his family and all that knew him.
https://www.somerset-kentucky.com/opinion/robbie-lucas-was-a-special-kind-of-coach/article_e1860932-643b-11ed-82cd-97c29d5ec4f2.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

There's a quote in this article about Coach Lucas saying the 2014 0-10 team at Somerset was his favorite team to coach because they showed up every day and stuck with it and continued to work hard despite the adversity that they were facing. I had a conversation with Coach Lucas back when I was in high school along the same lines. We were playing a team that was winless, and we had a pretty good team that year, and I was just talking to him about how it surprised me that a team that was a perennial loser still had kids that came out and wanted to play every year. He said that's what he loved about teams and kids like that. They keep playing just because they love the game. They know they won't win a state championship but they keep coming out and working hard and playing the game because they love it. People always say football teaches life lessons but Coach Lucas was one of those guys that actually dug deep into the lessons that could be learned from every single aspect of the game. He was always more focused on the journey than the destination. Coach was a great man and I consider myself better off for having known him. Rest in peace, my friend.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Slic Ric
I don't have the words to say how sorry I am and how tragic this is!!! There's a lot of BS going on in high school athletics anymore, but Coach Lucas was definitely teaching his kids in the right direction. Both athletics AND life!!

Prayers for his family, his football family and the community. They have all lost a good one!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Deuce8