Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
17.86%
Boyle County
82.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Boyle 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
I’d say that it a nice addition. Good the kid gets to play
I think Boyle and Coach Haddix get it done this go around. Boyle wins 35-21.
Pulling for Boyle in this one. Looking forward to a matchup vs the old ball coach in the state finals.
(11-12-2022, 10:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Boyle and Lex cath have had a weird playoff. Both at home 1ST round. Boyle on the road in the 2nd because of a higher district seed, then plays at home vs the team that beat them to claim their district haha.

But I believe boyle wins this. But they have to bring their “A” game. The knights have already shown they can score on boyle and I guess beat them too. I do think a lot of last game was mentality. Boyle got up fast and kinda had that cruise control effort on. Coaches too. I might be wrong to, that’s just kinda what I watched, but I missed the 1st and a lot of the 2nd qtr. Now if I’m wrong, and that’s just boyles team that I saw out there, it would be 50/50 to me. I think boyle will go for the knockout and then this time slit the throat so there’s no chance of a game later on.
You're right. Boyle completely quit in the 4th quarter with a 27-7 lead. It was a meltdown and Lex Cath took complete advantage and never quit. Threw all over the Boyle secondary in the 4th quarter. I think we will see a different mentality from the Rebels this time around.

If Boyle County is capable of applying pressure on the QB, which they were not able to do in the second half of the first meeting, I believe this could potentially be a blow out win. If they can't, then this will be a dog fight just like in the first meeting. Boyle has had some issues in their secondary this season and Lex Cath took full advantage of that in the first meeting. I'm expecting a completely different mentality from the Rebels this time around and to play a complete 4 quarters of football.

Boyle 35
Lex Cath 20
(11-13-2022, 06:04 PM)True pioneer Wrote: If Boyles corners don't cover the receivers better than the last game they could be in for a long night. You can't disguise a weak player. Lexington catholic found him everything and exposed him. This one is a toss up but still cheering on the Rebels.
It wasn't the corners. Our corners did and excellent job there top receiver MCGrath had one catch. Boyles starting safety got injured and there where several broken plays after that. Boyle by 14
(11-16-2022, 01:59 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:04 PM)True pioneer Wrote: If Boyles corners don't cover the receivers better than the last game they could be in for a long night. You can't disguise a weak player. Lexington catholic found him everything and exposed him. This one is a toss up but still cheering on the Rebels.
It wasn't the corners. Our corners did and excellent job there top receiver MCGrath had one catch. Boyles starting safety got injured and there where several broken plays after that. Boyle by 14

We have one corner that doesn't know how to turn around and look for the ball. Lexington catholic threw at him all night . I'm not going to put the kids number or name on here. You watch Friday night and I bet they go right back at him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-14-2022, 04:50 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Boyle will put Lexington Catholic on a running clock in this one.
Bold prediction! I hope you're right, though. I just personally don't see that happening. I look for Boyle to win by 2-3 scores.
I just want the W and don't care how we get it. 1 point or 36 points doesn't matter, both ways you advance and the score next week would start a 0-0. This point in the season is to just continue to stay alive.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert
(11-16-2022, 01:21 PM)TrojanMan69 Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 04:50 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Boyle will put Lexington Catholic on a running clock in this one.
Bold prediction! I hope you're right, though. I just personally don't see that happening. I look for Boyle to win by 2-3 scores.

Depending on which Lexington Catholic that shows up…… If they play like they did against Bourbon County, it could be a bad road trip….
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Glory_Days, Jack Lambert
(11-16-2022, 01:21 PM)TrojanMan69 Wrote:

Boyle will be full strength this week and Haddix will have them ready to maul. It's going to be a long night for Catholic.
Game Day!
One of these teams has already proven that it is capable of beating the other. Maybe Boyle County will blow out Lexington Catholic in the rematch but the previous game has to make Lexington Catholic a slight favorite in the rematch. There aren't many LexCath fans posting on BGR, so we will not hear about players who may have missed the first game or played with minor injuries, etc. Lexington Catholic has played well in big games this season and expecting that they will be destroyed tonight is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

Lexington Catholic 30   Boyle County 27
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hatz
(11-18-2022, 10:26 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: One of these teams has already proven that it is capable of beating the other. Maybe Boyle County will blow out Lexington Catholic in the rematch but the previous game has to make Lexington Catholic a slight favorite in the rematch. There aren't many LexCath fans posting on BGR, so we will not hear about players who may have missed the first game or played with minor injuries, etc. Lexington Catholic has played well in big games this season and expecting that they will be destroyed tonight is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

I understand where you are coming from but if you know anything about the first game than you can understand where people might come from. Boyle dominated 3 quarters of the game and then one of their best players goes down with an injury. Boyle had a chance to win it with a big play at the end but had a man in motion at the snap of the ball. Boyle will not make the same mistakes again plus Boyle is the healthiest it’s been all year. It’s going to be a great high school football game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunninReb's post:
  • Hatz
Boyle by 1-2 TD's
(11-18-2022, 10:59 AM)RunninReb Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 10:26 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: One of these teams has already proven that it is capable of beating the other. Maybe Boyle County will blow out Lexington Catholic in the rematch but the previous game has to make Lexington Catholic a slight favorite in the rematch. There aren't many LexCath fans posting on BGR, so we will not hear about players who may have missed the first game or played with minor injuries, etc. Lexington Catholic has played well in big games this season and expecting that they will be destroyed tonight is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

I understand where you are coming from but if you know anything about the first game than you can understand where people might come from. Boyle dominated 3 quarters of the game and then one of their best players goes down with an injury. Boyle had a chance to win it with a big play at the end but had a man in motion at the snap of the ball. Boyle will not make the same mistakes again plus Boyle is the healthiest it’s been all year. It’s going to be a great high school football game!
I understand all of that, but Lexington Catholic surely made some adjustments during the game and will make changes aimed at avoiding starting out in a hole. If losing a single player had such an impact on the game, then BC is not nearly as good as last season. I think that it is more likely a combination of Lexington Catholic adjustments and the injury. I don't buy that the Knights' coaching staff had little to do with their comeback. I think people are maybe a little too quick to assume that because Boyle County followed a close regular season win over LexCath with a blowout win in the playoffs, that the same thing will happen this season. Maybe it will but I believe it will probably be another close game.
I too feel this is going to be a close game. IMO the colder weather favors Boyle and there running game as the cold makes the ball harder to hold, throw, and catch. I also think this game will be 100% different than the previous meeting and could see a unusual score like 12-9.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!