Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Early Round Matchups
Now that the brackets are set what are the best games, regardless of class, in 1st round?

Good 1st round games are few and far between but that is an argument for another time.

A couple that have caught my eye are
Prestonsburg at Middlesboro in 2a
Sayre at Harlan in 1a.

Looking ahead to the 2nd Rd there is potential for some classics.
Hazard at Williamsburg
Elizabethtown at CAL
The east in 5a is crazy you could have barring upsets 
Scott Co at Highlands
Cov Cath at FD
Pulaski at Woodford

What are some games that have caught your guys' eyes.

I love playoff time.
4A
Letcher County Central @ Corbin

If they stay focused and continue to play at their current level, then the Cougars will get a look at a team bound for Kroger field.  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!, wolfcat
(10-29-2022, 11:56 AM)wolfcat Wrote: Now that the brackets are set what are the best games, regardless of class, in 1st round?

Good 1st round games are few and far between but that is an argument for another time.

A couple that have caught my eye are
Prestonsburg at Middlesboro in 2a
Sayre at Harlan in 1a.

Looking ahead to the 2nd Rd there is potential for some classics.
Hazard at Williamsburg
Elizabethtown at CAL
The east in 5a is crazy you could have barring upsets 
Scott Co at Highlands
Cov Cath at FD
Pulaski at Woodford

What are some games that have caught your guys' eyes.

I love playoff time.
CAL will put a running clock on e town
Something I’ve learned over the past decade,
Never count central out! I’ll be closely watching them. Others for 4A for me are spencer co. Like bull said. They’ve got some decent wins. Logan county as well. Since no one gets on here from the west hardly, I think warren east is overrated just because of their record. It somewhat happened to Corbin (among several other things ) last year. Letcher county possibly.

3A as bad as I hate to say it. Bell co. I finally watched one of their games out of boredom. They are a pretty good team. Physical and run great. Their losses still puzzle me, even with injuries. Belfry usually goes a little unnoticed the past few years, but I think last night might have done them in.

5A. Simon Kenton!! Boy do they have an offense. Questionable coaching and a sus defense. But they can make some noise. Especially if what people say are true about them beating Cov cath in a scrimmage. They beat highlands.