Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of Powell County Football
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:YOU HAVE TO PLAY DEFENSE!!! You can lower your schedule and beat sub par teams with offense, but if you want to be GREAT you have to play DEFENSE....... What good does it do to score 50 if you give up 51? Prime example..... Hal Mumme..... score score score and lose lose lose.:Thumbs:
THIS IS TRUE! but this is what we lacked.
blitz43 Wrote:Think about what you just said. Do you really think the whole football team is on arguing? There is just a few bickering on here. Most of the arguing has been some of us trying to defend the ones not on this open forum.

Most of the bickering is coming from one person looks like to me, well actually two, with team mom trying to get her point across to mr perfect.
When you lose it is easy to bicker. It is hard to support the team and community and rise above it. From afar,
Powell Co should have a solid program. Get Coach Whitaker help and that will happen. But he isn't the cure all.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:THIS IS TRUE! but this is what we lacked.

It is the only thing you all had! You stayed on the field all night long due to LACK of offense. According to stats posted on Max preps, you all generated more turnovers than most of your opponents but yet you did not win. When you TURN the ball over or score as posted on here, 19 pts. per game against a very weak schedule I don't see that defense is the only thing you lacked! As far as Whitaker, I am sure he can drive within a 50 mile radius to get a job. Several jobs are open and they are the programs he is used to. Trust when I say this, you have know idea how hard it is to get assistants at Powell Co, neverless good one's! And with parents cutting each others throat and parents praising their own kid the place destroys itself. Keep boasting if you want the facts are the facts, your coach is not going to ruin his reputation. Clark County, Madison Southern, and also any school in Fayette County would be an easy drive.
Sounds like alot of unnecessary pressure and expectations are placed on this kid...has to carry the weight of the whole team according to Mr. Perfect. I guess the other kids should just go rest while the Rose kid leads the team to 3 more victories? :runtouchd
F.N.L. Wrote:It is the only thing you all had! You stayed on the field all night long due to LACK of offense. According to stats posted on Max preps, you all generated more turnovers than most of your opponents but yet you did not win. When you TURN the ball over or score as posted on here, 19 pts. per game against a very weak schedule I don't see that defense is the only thing you lacked! As far as Whitaker, I am sure he can drive within a 50 mile radius to get a job. Several jobs are open and they are the programs he is used to. Trust when I say this, you have know idea how hard it is to get assistants at Powell Co, neverless good one's! And with parents cutting each others throat and parents praising their own kid the place destroys itself. Keep boasting if you want the facts are the facts, your coach is not going to ruin his reputation. Clark County, Madison Southern, and also any school in Fayette County would be an easy drive.

FYI: I'm assuming that was in reference to my posts...let me be clear...I'm not a parent here. I just keep reading and hearing about how this one kid is supposed to be so far superior to the rest. I feel the other kids lack the recognition they deserve. No one should be posting their kid is so far superior than the others. If there is a superstar on the team, they should have more wins....period. I think it will take time and a change in attitudes in the community. I hope you are wrong, for the team's sake. I hope Whittaker can stay and make a difference. The kids probably need a big boost in confidence and alot of discipline.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:THIS IS TRUE! but this is what we lacked.

Giving us (ESTILL) THREE quick touchdowns by turning the ball over really don't show you lacked defense. By the way, our books show you had 4 yards offense in the first half against us. You are one of four teams we held to one touchdown; Phelps, Knott Co. Central, and Fleming being the other. You contiue to say you had good offense, not the fact, it was equally as bad as your defense, actually worse!! Why don't you call your defensive coach I am sure he will be more than happy to talk with you!
TeamMom Wrote:FYI: I'm assuming that was in reference to my posts...let me be clear...I'm not a parent here. I just keep reading and hearing about how this one kid is supposed to be so far superior to the rest. I feel the other kids lack the recognition they deserve. No one should be posting their kid is so far superior than the others. If there is a superstar on the team, they should have more wins....period. I think it will take time and a change in attitudes in the community. I hope you are wrong, for the team's sake. I hope Whittaker can stay and make a difference. The kids probably need a big boost in confidence and alot of discipline.

I was not trying to put you down, I was actually trying to say that you were standing up for the rest of the kids, sorry if it come out wrong. Rumors flow, but he is going to have to put up with who you are talking about as long as he is there. I don't know if he knew what he was getting himself into. You ae right about discipline and the fact that, there are GOOD kids their. And it does take 11! I would say try not to let one bad apple destroy the bushel. Dealing with parents who think their child is a superstar is the worst possible thing for a coach to deal with. The kid is put in a place where the walls are falling in on him or her because the parents are boasting so much that not one person wants to be around them. Please except my apologies, I think you are right in backing the other kids, it is a team game. You guys would have won those three games regardless, you all were the better team.
TeamMom Wrote:Sounds like alot of unnecessary pressure and expectations are placed on this kid...has to carry the weight of the whole team according to Mr. Perfect. I guess the other kids should just go rest while the Rose kid leads the team to 3 more victories? :runtouchd

No pun intended, have you ever seen one guy beat eleven, except for BRUCE Lee!!
F.N.L. Wrote:No pun intended, have you ever seen one guy beat eleven, except for BRUCE Lee!!

I like the way you think. :thumpsup:
F.N.L. Wrote:I was not trying to put you down, I was actually trying to say that you were standing up for the rest of the kids, sorry if it come out wrong. Rumors flow, but he is going to have to put up with who you are talking about as long as he is there. I don't know if he knew what he was getting himself into. You ae right about discipline and the fact that, there are GOOD kids their. And it does take 11! I would say try not to let one bad apple destroy the bushel. Dealing with parents who think their child is a superstar is the worst possible thing for a coach to deal with. The kid is put in a place where the walls are falling in on him or her because the parents are boasting so much that not one person wants to be around them. Please except my apologies, I think you are right in backing the other kids, it is a team game. You guys would have won those three games regardless, you all were the better team.

No need for apologies, FNL...it's all good. I knew we were on the same track..I just wanted to clear my name, just in case Smile I agree with you completely. I say preach on, my man, preach on! :Thumbs:
Hey, How about something poitive from either of you...
The future will be better for Powell county football, It will get a little better every season with coach Whitaker. LIKE I SAID, COACH KNOWS BETTER THAN THE REST OF US.
TeamMom Wrote:No need for apologies, FNL...it's all good. I knew we were on the same track..I just wanted to clear my name, just in case Smile I agree with you completely. I say preach on, my man, preach on! :Thumbs:
Preach on about being negative, really sad. FNL, You always talk up the defense and say how bad the offense was, wonder why? Rose,Hardy,Tipton,Sexton,Crow, Powell's cupbard aint that bare for next seson.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Preach on about being negative, really sad. FNL, You always talk up the defense and say how bad the offense was, wonder why? Rose,Hardy,Tipton,Sexton,Crow, Powell's cupbard aint that bare for next seson.

You got a lot of nerve talking about people being negative. By the way, aren't you the one who always bashes the defense and says the offense is awesome. The only negative I can see is how you seem to lift yours up and put the rest down.
Enough.