Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S.V. 63 Pburg 47
Sounded like a close game until the 4th. Bentley and Friend combined for close to 40 pts.
Good run for Prestonsburg, they at least won the conference and made the semi's in the regional.
Congrats Valley. A bunch of people kept doubting you and saying you all couldnt win this game, but you proved them wrong. Valley keeps proving the doubters wrong and I think they take home the championship against whomever they will be playing.

Sounds like the seniors stepped up for the Wildcats.
To the Valley Student section, yes we know that it isn't football. You all actually scored. That got REALLY old. And Prestonsburg hasn't used one in a really long time. :roll:
"youknowwhoibe" Wrote:Congrats Valley. A bunch of people kept doubting you and saying you all couldnt win this game, but you proved them wrong. Valley keeps proving the doubters wrong and I think they take home the championship against whomever they will be playing.

Sounds like the seniors stepped up for the Wildcats.

I don't know who actually doubted that Valley could win this game.. Just most people didn't want Valley to win it. But it's been said for a long time that Valley could win the region if they don't choke.
"gish" Wrote:To the Valley Student section, yes we know that it isn't football. You all actually scored. That got REALLY old. And Prestonsburg hasn't used one in a really long time. :roll:

What are you talking about?
looks like the pre-season mumber one may very well be the post season number one also..............................................great win now go get that title
i figured SV would win this game
youknowwhoibe,

The entire night Valley's student section chanted "This ain't football". Which was just dissin their own football team. Really didn't make much sense. Yes in years past, when Prestonsburg has lost they've chanted "Pburg Football" but the last time that was chanted was probably 3 years ago.
CONGRATS to valley
Nice season Pburg
The chant wasn't meant to be for the "Pburg football" chant just that you fouled, and football is a physical sport.. All I can say is...atleast the student section got into the game this time around.

Valley seniors really stepped up. Kelsey is showing a lot of emotion And Kris..love to watch him get so excited.
I agree Kelsey did step up BIG time.

Bessie, nobody had a clue what you all were talking about and I just assumed that was it.
Does anyone got any stats if so please post.
"gish" Wrote:To the Valley Student section, yes we know that it isn't football. You all actually scored. That got REALLY old. And Prestonsburg hasn't used one in a really long time. :roll:

Well if the chant bothered you bad enough that you had to post something about it, sounds to me like it done it's job. Even if it wasen't the smartest cheer in the world....... :lol:
People, Don't let this thread get ugly.....It's being watched. 8)
Well, Congrats Valley and great season Blackcats, best in a long time.
The chant was for fouling. Like Bessie said! It's a chant and a fun one. Why do people have to make a big deal over these kind of things? Anyways-- Congrats SVHS. You all played great! Like I said on BGP, Kelsey would step up and he did. And Kris was so happy going into the locker room, it just made me so proud to be a wildcat.
Yeah, the chants were for fun. Although toga's were a bit random but hey its all good.

John Johnson had a good game tonight also.
I didn't realize I was making a big deal out of it. I had have an opinion about it, and I expressed how I felt about it. Simple as that, I just didn't know what you all were talking about. So if nobody knew what you were talkin about it really wasn't effective.
Ah, it's just a chant. I mean, I'm pretty sure they started a "Charlie Pinson" cheer just for fun.
Charlie Pinson?
It's a commercial. A group of high schoolers are chanting his name.
THE WE GOT BENTLEY CHANT COMING FROM SV WAS PRETTY COOL :lol:
PBURG DIDNT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THAT ONE.
haha yeah a little comeback to the "should've stayed at pburg" ..something in that area chant that they did last year.
I expected a little more out of Prestonsburg tonight. Very disappointed in the effort they gave. They got down by 6 in the 3rd and just gave up. They acted as if they didn't even care. And at the end, just taking two point shots? Matching baskets just doesn't cut it. Trevor hit 3 straight three's in the first half and may have attempted one in the 2nd. Don't know what that was all about. And with 2 minutes to go, down by 12, you'd think P-burg would start fouling. Hell they didn't care to foul with 9 seconds to go in the district game tied, so why not foul and try to give yourselves a chance. But all in all, a great season for Prestonsburg this year. Had a winning record. First one since 1998 I do believe. Good season for them, but the effort tonight was just heartbreaking. Congrats Valley.
Great Game! Great Game!!! Gotta give it to both teams... they played awesome! But Valley dominated Pburg in the 4th... with the help of 3 seniors -Kelsey Kris and Patrick!- they all done great tonight! I Loved seeing Kris soo happy, he was sure into the game!!!! Congrats Valley on a Great Win!!!!!!

-by the way.. Chants are for fun! *remember that* im sure Pburg shouted a lot of stupid things too! When u all fouled us...we would yell "This aint football" - makes sense to me -... but enough about that! I thought the SV Blue Crew was awesome tonight!!!!!- Loved the theme! "Roman to Rupp"
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Where we messed up was not getting into Bentley's head, he probably shot 85% from the floor and was perfect from the line I do believe, we (the fan section) should have just laid it on him early on... but the enthusiasm just wasn't there again tonight, reminds me alot like last year vs. Pike Central in the semi's.
Poor showing by P-Burg they played with a lack of heart and ditermination. IDK what to say im speechless i dont even realy want to talk about this one. Compton and 32 i think its Blackburn were into it the hole game if one made a bad pass the other was on the others case. I saw this from Patrick Tackett a couple of times also for Valley. P-Burg missed some easy and golden oppurtunities the only quarter that they realy played decent was the 2nd quarter and if it wasnt for Compton then they wouldnt have done decent that half. P-Burg played agressive and i have to give them that but got them into foul trouble. I didnt realy think the refs called it the same and both ends but thats JMO. But good win for valley disappointing game for the burg but a good season overall.
The Blue Crew i must say was the best ive saw in a realy long time.
Valley had some big togas! Congrats Valley on the win, good luck in the championship. Great season Blackcats!
I'm really proud of SV for pulling off this win. Congratulations!

No one can really say anything about a school having spirit and enthusiasm for their team-- and that's what Valley had! They done an excellent job... and it's just all in fun! I thought it was a cute idea--
Kris will always be a P-burg boy, I wish him the best of luck.