Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 27 - Mason County 26 OT
Vast improvement over th SK game in the secondary. As stated we need to keep our heads in the game on special teams.
Link to pictures from the Mason Russell game.

http://picasaweb.google.com/reddevilspor...JamesEvans
Jeepman Wrote:Vast improvement over th SK game in the secondary. As stated we need to keep our heads in the game on special teams.

You might feel comfortable with the pass coverage, but I sure dont I was surprised Mason didnt throw more, it was open all night to anyone paying attention, plus i dont thin you can compare 12 passes in a game to 35. and then say the pass coverage was better, definetly not comfortable with the personel changes, taking bates and bailey out, 2 of your best athletes is never a good move when u replace them with inexperienced kids, bailey needs to be back at corner where he played last yr and did a pretty good job
EkyLb Wrote:You might feel comfortable with the pass coverage, but I sure dont I was surprised Mason didnt throw more, it was open all night to anyone paying attention, plus i dont thin you can compare 12 passes in a game to 35. and then say the pass coverage was better, definetly not comfortable with the personel changes, taking bates and bailey out, 2 of your best athletes is never a good move when u replace them with inexperienced kids, bailey needs to be back at corner where he played last yr and did a pretty good job
It was better. They did play cover 2 in this game. Granted it does open up some things underneath and in the running game but I liked it. Roark is a smart kid and does well on his assignments at Safety. Mitchell is as athletic as anyone on the cornor and has the best hands on the team and the ability to make a play on the ball.
FBALL Wrote:It was better. They did play cover 2 in this game. Granted it does open up some things underneath and in the running game but I liked it. Roark is a smart kid and does well on his assignments at Safety. Mitchell is as athletic as anyone on the cornor and has the best hands on the team and the ability to make a play on the ball.

we played cover 2 twice...most 2 up which revolves to cover 3 and then we did cover 4............
I think certain players are the most athletic and have the most potential to be on the field, but they have struggled mightily. I know they have had illness issues and such and most likely are causing the inconsistencies. However, playing time has to be earned! They were given a shot and did not meet expectations. New alternatives are put in place and should stay there until they falter. Nobody on Russell's secondary is so good that they should be automatic starters irregardless of how they play. The replacements that were chosen are more than capable of handling the job. If they weren't, then they would never have been given the opportunity. Russell's coaches know the pass defense is struggling. They would never make it even weaker by putting incapable players on the field. If they felt all four starting db's from the Simon Kenton game were the heads and shoulders best four we could ever have, then they wouldn't give other players a shot.

On a side note, I know many posters here know the kids by name and the scenarios that are playing out. However, I think we should leave specific kids names out of posts, especially if we talk about how they are struggling. These are fragile minds and psychies. To see your name on the internet, whether in praise or criticism, is a huge thing and can be devestating if taken wrongly.
Sponge Bob Wrote:On a side note, I know many posters here know the kids by name and the scenarios that are playing out. However, I think we should leave specific kids names out of posts, especially if we talk about how they are struggling. These are fragile minds and psychies. To see your name on the internet, whether in praise or criticism, is a huge thing and can be devestating if taken wrongly.

I agree and I apologize. My post with names have been removed.
Sponge Bob Wrote:On a side note, I know many posters here know the kids by name and the scenarios that are playing out. However, I think we should leave specific kids names out of posts, especially if we talk about how they are struggling. These are fragile minds and psychies. To see your name on the internet, whether in praise or criticism, is a huge thing and can be devestating if taken wrongly.

I totally agree. To kick a man when he's down is one thing but hese are kids. It reminds me of what the Oklahoma State football coach said to that reporter who slammed his QB in the newspaper. To call A KID out BY Name should IMO be grounds for SUSPENSION from BGR! Who's with me?

BTW If you haven'e heard Mike Gundy's remarks here they are. Just replace newpaper with comments made on here and you'll see what I mean. This is how I feel when people oon this board call KIDS out BY NAME!

RedDevilRB Wrote:we played cover 2 twice...most 2 up which revolves to cover 3 and then we did cover 4............
And played it much better than the previous game.

I thought it was more than twice but that was probably 4. It seemed like most of the cover 3 was with motion and the safety coming up
FBALL Wrote:And played it much better than the previous game.

I thought it was more than twice but that was probably 4. It seemed like most of the cover 3 was with motion and the safety coming up

yeah it was...when we had 2 safties back it was either 2 up or cover 4...we did cover 3 maybe 2 or 3 times coach morris said..i dont really remember haha
Next !!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I managed to see this game in person and I have to say it was a real good game. Congrats to both teams. I think that Russell will be tough to handle come playoff time.
Booya Wrote:I managed to see this game in person and I have to say it was a real treat. Congrats to both teams.

You must not get many treats. Russell was not on their game.
F.N.L. Wrote:You must not get many treats. Russell was not on their game.

It was still a good game even if neither team was on their game. As a fan it was a treat to watch going into overtime and coming out with a 1 point win.
Midee1 Wrote:It was still a good game even if neither team was on their game. As a fan it was a treat to watch going into overtime and coming out with a 1 point win.

As a fan that is Great. Anyone who watches Russell, expects wins every Friday. They are not in the semi finals or finals every year for nothing. They have a GREAT and I mean GREAT program!