Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 55 Harlan Co 54 Final OT
Bell county squeezes one out in the first round of district. Trent Noah barely misses a game winner as time expires. Game of the year on log mountain! 
District Final Harlan vs Bell Co friday!!
Quick questions,

was the officiating fair?

Was it a packed out house?

Any controversies
(02-22-2022, 11:35 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Quick questions,

was the officiating fair?

Was it a packed out house?

Any controversies
Fair officiating, i wouldn’t say good cause there was a number of moments where both sides were ready to throw down with the refs but it was even. The place was standing room only. Controversies are opinions i’m stating facts only. Congrats to HC cause they played their hearts out and deserve to play in the region.
I’m glad it was called evenly bad then

Hated to see two good teams play and one not make it when in other districts there are bad teams that make it
(02-23-2022, 12:09 AM)Fan of many Wrote: I’m glad it was called evenly bad then

Hated to see two good teams play and one not make it when in other districts there are bad teams that make it
There’s just too many teams ranked below HC that are gonna play in corbin arena when HC doesn’t get the chance. Hate to see it. I would much rather see HC than Jackson co or Bville/lynn camp.
Fact remains, Harlan County had a chance to earn their way into the region and come up short.  They have no excuses.  They didn't play particularly well down the stretch and I think were rated seventh in RPI in the region coming into this game, behind both Bell and Harlan Ind. 13th regions fans will miss getting to see Noah perform at the region. He's the real deal and plays the game the right way.
Big win for the Bobcats! We got some battlers! Got to get Harlan Friday night.
Congrats to Bell County.
Big win for the Bobcats! First trip to the Arena in 7 years. Well deserved. Let’s go get a district title.
If you’re Harlan County, how do you sit back on your heels and let Bell hold the ball for over 3 minutes?
[-] The following 1 user Likes swva_sports's post:
  • ArJay
(02-23-2022, 11:39 AM)swva_sports Wrote: If you’re Harlan County, how do you sit back on your heels and let Bell hold the ball for over 3 minutes?
I think they knew they couldn’t guard Bell’s guards getting to the rim. Bell wasn’t in a hurry with Burnett fouled out to give the ball back to HC.
(02-23-2022, 11:45 AM)Franchise Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 11:39 AM)swva_sports Wrote: If you’re Harlan County, how do you sit back on your heels and let Bell hold the ball for over 3 minutes?
I think they knew they couldn’t guard Bell’s guards getting to the rim. Bell wasn’t in a hurry with Burnett fouled out to give the ball back to HC.
Woolum got to the rim at will and the only interior defense HC had the entire game was taking charges. Every time down the floor it was either a layup, three, or charge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • ArJay
(02-23-2022, 12:24 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 11:45 AM)Franchise Wrote:
Woolum got to the rim at will and the only interior defense HC had the entire game was taking charges. Every time down the floor it was either a layup, three, or charge.
I think 11 charges were called in total. Most I’ve ever saw in one game.