Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams at this point in the 14th region?
Below 
1) Perry Central
2) Breathitt

- Has anything changed on the next levels?
- Anyone coming on strong?
- Any teams sliding or rising?
- February / March Sleepers?
1a- Breathitt
1b-Breathitt
I think Wolfe, Letcher, and Hazard could make a run but I do not think they can hold off Perry or Breathitt. It will be terrible to see Breathitt and Perry get on the same side in the region tournament. Where the region is held at Breathitt, I think this gives them the upper hand on Perry.
Breathitt and Perry are neck and neck at this time, in my opinion. Wolfe isn't playing very well since beating Breathitt at home a couple of weeks ago. Hazard is a physical team who prefers to grind out it out, so they always have a chance. Knott County and Cordia have improved.
Wolfe can't get out of that me mode and play in the we mode 2 and done in playoffs one in district one in region
(02-09-2022, 11:09 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Breathitt and Perry are neck and neck at this time, in my opinion. Wolfe isn't playing very well since beating Breathitt at home a couple of weeks ago. Hazard is a physical team who prefers to grind out it out, so they always have a chance. Knott County and Cordia have improved.
We will revisit this thread after 2-15 and see how close they are. Neck to neck lol
It’s Breathitt & Perry with Perry being the better team all season long. The region being held at Breathitt is gonna be a problem for Perry though. I think it will be a coin toss in the regional finals
(02-09-2022, 11:03 AM)bobkitty Wrote: 1a- Breathitt
1b-Breathitt
I think Wolfe, Letcher, and Hazard could make a run but I do not think they can hold off Perry or Breathitt. It will be terrible to see Breathitt and Perry get on the same side in the region tournament. Where the region is held at Breathitt, I think this gives them the upper hand on Perry.
Agree, beating Breathitt is a tall task for anyone. Beating them at Breathitt in tourney time is another animal.

(02-09-2022, 11:09 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Breathitt and Perry are neck and neck at this time, in my opinion. Wolfe isn't playing very well since beating Breathitt at home a couple of weeks ago. Hazard is a physical team who prefers to grind out it out, so they always have a chance. Knott County and Cordia have improved.
Knott is getting better. Cordia has the transfer from Phelps but he isn't playing yet, unsure on why.
Perry is deep, and talented.
That last 25 years it doesn’t seem to be a tall task beating breathitt at breathitt. I think that’s the last time they played in rupp. Correct me if I’m wrong. Now I don’t know how many times they’ve hosted the region but it’s been a few times in the last 25 years
Well boss a good time for Breathitt. They probably weren’t 6’8,6’6,6’4, and 6’3 25 years ago either. Age factor goes to the Dores. Athleticism and Size goes to the Bobcats. Can’t wait to watch this game. Rydge Beverly will have to be the difference maker.
Exactly…. This team is a different animal. Very long & Athletic team for the 14th region
(02-09-2022, 02:03 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Well its a good time for Breathitt.  They probably weren’t 6’8,6’6,6’4, and 6’3 25 years ago either.  Age factor goes to the Dores.  Athleticism and Size goes to the Bobcats.  Can’t wait to watch this game.  Rydge Beverly will have to be the difference maker.
Good teams can beat groups of more talented individuals and its fun to watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Huck Fin's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Yeah really, done well against Reed Sheppard.
Perry
Breathitt
Knott
Cordia
Letcher
Wolfe 
Hazard
Knott still at number 3 at 7-14 on the season????
1. Perry
2. Breathitt

3. Cordia
4. Letcher
5. Knott
(02-11-2022, 04:13 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: Knott still at number 3 at 7-14 on the season????
Compare their schedule against the likes of Cordia , hazard and letcher.  Just my opinion though.
Wolfe lost a couple of games while Wilgus Tolson was out of the lineup and Ritchie went down early in one of those games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Wolfeman
(02-11-2022, 03:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Yeah really, done well against Reed Sheppard.

I would consider NL a good team, no? With a very talented individual.
Perry got beat by a better team on that night. Got down too much in the first half. Played better in the second. Perry needs a complete game to compete with a top 20 teams in my opinion. They have had spurts of different ones playing really well all year. I believe their best is yet to come. You heard it here first.
Duke boy , you given up on the commodores?
Oh ye of little faith...
No Huckfin, haven’t given up on them at all. They are still my pick to win the region. Just felt like they should of competed better with North Laurel. Really thought they should of beaten North Laurel. Friend of mine from London said North didn’t even break a sweat on them. Maybe just a bad day. It happens.
Wolfe lost to Knott and Estill because they didn’t have Tolson. They are the 3rd best team in the region behind Perry amd Breathitt and could beat either one on a good night.
I think Hazard and Knott are better than Wolfe right now. Seem to be playing a lot better.
Perry is the best team in the region, with Breathitt a close second.
But I give Breathitt the advantage in the region if they ever meet. Home court advantage is huge.
[Image:

]
Bolz dont count my Pats out just yet baby! King threw his cigar down and said tell em wez coming! Scared ole Fatpat and dropped the Pakistan Dion biscuit! Warroom went bananas and tears flowed like Troublesome running in front of Mortys #kingshouse  #warroomwentbonkers  More mash taters please!!!