Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What school is your arch enemy ? And Why ?
Sarrr Wrote:Us Pirate fans know that feeling Smile

TBH, our new rival IS Russell, but it's a friendly rivalry, and there's a lot of respect I feel, on both sides. We know that we're competing against the best, and that no matter what it's going to be a great game. In our minds, the championship game might as well be that night, and the trip to Louisville is just to pick up the trophy and watch the gang one last time Big Grin

Our regular season rival is going to be SC now. I'm sure SC feels the rivalry stronger right now than we do though. I REALLY wish we could have played Pburg this year, though :*(

Jeepman Wrote:I think that Belfry and Russell truely enjoy playing each other. I can assure you the players respect each other. It's funny how things work out. The chances of us playing each other are very slim but it just seems to happen each year. Two great teams. I'm sure that Breathitt and Mason County will have something to say about it this year. We will all see soon.

I think the reason for the rivalry and respect between Russell and Belfry goes way deeper than the past few years in the playoffs.

It used to be the to had to play each other every year in the same district. From 1975-1986 this was the case. At that time only one team per district made the playoffs. It was a battle every year and the loser stayed home. Those were some intense games that really established a connnection between these two programs.

Russell leads the all-time series 12-8.
warriorpride Wrote:Now that I think about it I believe that Magoffin County is hard rival for East Ridge.
Yeh i agree with you there. because now its always going to come down to them playing each other for that fourth spot in the playoffs.
I think that Ashland and Johnson Central has the makings of a great rivaly. Same district, usually has bearing on district and playoffs. Wide right in 2005......

Right now I'd have to say it's still unfortunately Paintsville. I think if everything continues as it has though JC and Ashland will be great games and could usher in a changing of the guard.
Belfry beacsue they have always been
Back in the 80's it was Paintsville vs JCHS....is it still the same. I sure miss those days.
Well my new Rival is Estill Countys JV team since Oldtimer#1 says they could beat Magoffin Varsity 54-17.