Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 59 Harlan County 56
Final from the 13th Region Media Classic at Bell County High School.  Good win for Coach Sizemore and his Blue Cats.  Harlan County continues to be like a teeter totter... UP and DOWN , UP and DOWN .   Beat Corbin, lose to WBurg, beat South Laurel, lose to Bell County.
Bell’s defense had a little to do with this one and not so much HC teeter tottering.
Bell has a nice team, a couple of their kids will be two of the best in region this year IMO (Burnette and Woolum) HC had a chance to win it with 3 shots attempted in the paint down 1. Bell finally rebounded the ball with .1 left on clock and made two ft’s. Not a bad loss for HC, they know Bell is capable of beating them now. Will be an entertaining year in 52nd District. HC has to get more production from their star (Noah) than they did tonight to beat good teams I believe.
I agree with you about Burnett and Woolum, I don’t think they get enough respect in region. Harlan Co has a great team and it was a awesome game to watch. It should be a interesting district that’s for sure.
Someone in this district is going to go home first round of district and that's a shame. 3 teams in this district capable of making a run at the region tourney, and I wouldn't count Middlesboro down and out if they manage to get the kids from Cumberland Gap eligible.
Biggest win for the Bobcats in probably the last 7 or 8 years. Last night was tough at Knox. Hopefully they can keep it going with a very experienced senior class this year.