Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cole Lanter Recruiting
Cole Lanter has offers from Murray State, EKU and now.....Kentucky.  Congrats to this young man.  Hardest working kid you will meet.  Very happy for him !!!
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • 64SUR, Hatz
It’s about time Kentucky got on board
I’m glad UK decided to offer him. He’s one of those guys that’s gonna give them everything he has and can work his way on to the field.
Was he offered as a scholarship player or as a Preferred Walk-on offer? Regardless I've been Impressed with his film this season and think he's good enough to play for the Cats...hopefully he ends up playing his college ball in Lexington.
I believe it's a preferred walk on spot. But that's fine with me. (as if my opinion mattered) If he was 6'2", he'd be offered by 40 or 50 schools. That's my honest opinion. Not just because he's a Boyle kid. He finds creases where they don't exist, he makes terrific cuts, he has great hands, he WORKS harder than most and the biggest thing about him is that if the coaching staff where ever he ends up asked him to do everything differently than he has in the past he would do it without question and encourage others to do it as well. TEAM players, picks up players who are struggling, helps the younger guys understand how they need to be working and he's a better person than he is a football player. There are players you want on the field playing for you and there's guys you want in your locker room....and he's both.

No, he's not a relative. LOL. I just really love the work ethic he has displayed while playing for the Rebels.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Iggyfan
^Getting players like Lanter in the program as a preferred walk-on is another way they can take their program to the next level. As a diehard UK football fan I've been really hoping they would go after him pretty hard and try to convince him to turn down a scholarship offer from some other school and take the preferred walk-on route at UK because I love his film and definitely think he can contribute on the field by the time he's a junior and senior..and will probably earn that scholarship by then.
Congrats young man, I'm sure there's plenty more coming your way. Skies the limit.
Congratulations to Cole! Very deserving! He is a workhorse!
Congratulations Young man!!
Congrats Cole, Hope to be there your final couple games. Finish strong buddy, you have earned everything coming your way. First class family top to bottom. Hats off, your dad has said how hard you have been working and it shows.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • #55PirateFan, Jack Lambert
Congratulations to this young man very well deserved
I bet FOSHO is happy!
[-] The following 2 users Like Footballfan33's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Jack Lambert
Of course UK offers the preferred walk on crap, always playing on in-state kids' loyalty. I'd tell them to stick it and go play somewhere that actually has the stones to give an offer. There have been situations a preferred walk on was done because the individual was receiving an academic scholarship, which is more understandable. If UK football were a perennial powerhouse this might be justified. If truly interested, show the in-state kids some respect and maybe UK wouldn't lose some of the others to the Alabamas of the world. Show some loyalty to receive it back .

WKU and Murray State does the same thing to local kids. I'm not sure about UofL, Morehead, and EKU.

By the sounds of it, the kid has impeccable characteristics. He's played in a winning atmosphere with a program that seems to do things right. These factors should be heavily weighed in what a player would bring to the college program. IMO it would offset the fact he isn't 6'2" as some have pointed out.

Anyway, good luck to this young man in whatever decision he makes.
He has already decided. Lanter commits to UK. Didn't waste any time !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • RoShamBo
(11-22-2021, 10:55 PM)BEChargers Wrote: He has already decided.  Lanter commits to UK.  Didn't waste any time !!

Thats awesome! Congratulations Cole Lanter!
Love seeing the Ky kids staying home!
(11-21-2021, 03:44 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I bet FOSHO is happy!

He's still petitioning for a recount of the 2019 Mr. Football.
Good choice by him, IMO. College, IMO, unless you're a can't miss NFL prospect should be where you'll be happy, and be able to concentrate on classes and not be bummed out or thinking, "what if". This kid will be a fan favorite if he eventually gets PT.