Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Pikeville
Redneck Wrote:Losing a game like Pburg did against Beechwood where they played with so much emotion and heart can break a teams spirits. I'm not sayin Pburg won't come out and play with that same emotion and heart, just sayin those heartbreakin losses like last week have been known to cause a let down.

I agree, it can take a lot out of a team if they play with everything only to come up short by 17pts. or so. For Prestonsburg to win, they must establish the running game early and effectively use the pass. They can't afford to have any dumb play calls (4th & 1 or 2 and sending verticles instead of working the short/intermediate passing game)...the defense will have to find an answer for Harmon and Honaker in the backfield. If they do this then they have a good shot at winning.

For Pikeville to win, they need to have a good game by their DE's and OLB's to keep contain...the safties need to fill the ally and not over run any play, with the speed and agility Pburg has they can score potentially on any play. Also, if they can move the ball well like they did on Lex. Catholic then it will definately be an interesting night of football.
All things aside, I honestly cannot see Pikeville's lineplay improving enough in the two weeks following the Belfry beat down to pick the Panthers to win this one. Pburg is by no means Belfry, but they do have a quality line and enough quickness and tackling on defense to keep Pikeville at bay.

Pburg 34
Pikeville 20
And as for an earlier comment, I am certain Pburg would love to match up with Belfry.... until the kickoff went in the air.

HAHA

Seriously though, I hope that Belfry/Pburg do renew the rivalry. Even if the series has been completely onesided as of late, Pburg always field a competitive team that forces Belfry to play good football and make them a better team when it is all said and done.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:And as for an earlier comment, I am certain Pburg would love to match up with Belfry.... until the kickoff went in the air.

HAHA

Seriously though, I hope that Belfry/Pburg do renew the rivalry. Even if the series has been completely onesided as of late, Pburg always field a competitive team that forces Belfry to play good football and make them a better team when it is all said and done.

I agree. I would love for Belfry to start a bowl and play Prestonsburg at Vipperman Stadium.
bigpun Wrote:All you have to do is come to a home at Pikeville and you will see.

I said I wanted unbiased confirmation. Your opinion on whether the referees hate Pikeville does not qualify under that description.

Also, I have seen Pikeville play at home before, and I don't ever remember seeing them getting shafted by the referees. Sounds like you are seeing the calls at these games through maroon-colored glasses.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I said I wanted unbiased confirmation. Your opinion on whether the referees hate Pikeville does not qualify under that description.

Also, I have seen Pikeville play at home before, and I don't ever remember seeing them getting shafted by the referees. Sounds like you are seeing the calls at these games through maroon-colored glasses.
First off I don't wear glasses. Second, I don't care what you asked for. I gave my opinion so deal with it.
Prestonsburg wins this one.

Pburg 34

Pikeville 21
EKUAlum05 Wrote:All things aside, I honestly cannot see Pikeville's lineplay improving enough in the two weeks following the Belfry beat down to pick the Panthers to win this one. Pburg is by no means Belfry, but they do have a quality line and enough quickness and tackling on defense to keep Pikeville at bay.

Pburg 34
Pikeville 20

It is not the same line. Returning injured players are now healthy and only two of the linemen that started against Belfry are now playing. Given some time to get the rust off, they will be much better.
This is a matchup of my two of my favorite teams in the mountians other than magoffin, Pikeville who I think has a great shot a winning a state championship, they have a great QB, RB duo in the honaker twins. But for P-Burg, they have in my mind one of the most underrated runningbacks around in #5 seth setzer.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Pikeville could be completely healthy and have thier line at full strength and the score wouldnt have been much different against Belfry. Pikeville failed to score on the first line defense, and for such a fierce rivalry.. thats just sad.

Rolleyes

This is the Pikeville/Prestonsburg thread, not Belfry/Logan/Chapmanville/Williamson/Matewan/Delbarton.
jetpilot Wrote:Rolleyes

This is the Pikeville/Prestonsburg thread, not Belfry/Logan/Chapmanville/Williamson/Matewan/Delbarton.
Smile Rolleyes Pot meet kettle!
P'burg team speed is just to fast for Pikeville i will sat
P'burg 24
Pikeville 14
Crossbones Wrote:Smile Rolleyes Pot meet kettle!

Exactly.
jetpilot Wrote:With their best player out.
With 6 of their best players out.
EASports12 Wrote:With 6 of their best players out.

:eek:

I'm really getting fired up for this one. Hope Pikeville has all their players healthy.
It seems like not too long ago (a week or two ago) everyone was talking about how fast Pikeville's skill is - possibly one of the fastest backfields and defensive secondaries in the mountains, but now they are simply not fast enough to hang with a decent Pburg team?

Also I love it when people are completely sure that their team will win by 4 TD's in what is realistically going to be a good game - it just makes people want to stay off these sites when their for-sure win becomes a loss.Big Grin

I take Pikeville in a close, defensive game.
bigpun Wrote:First off I don't wear glasses. Second, I don't care what you asked for. I gave my opinion so deal with it.

I have no idea if you wear glasses in real life, and I really don't care. Apparently my using the term "rose-colored glasses" to imply you were being biased in your assessment of the officiating went right over your head. So I'll be more direct this time: YOU'RE NOT UNBIASED. Clear now?

Oh, and I assume from your "so deal with it" comment that any proof of the anti-Pikeville conspiracy does not actually exist. So I guess that's that.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I have no idea if you wear glasses in real life, and I really don't care. Apparently my using the term "rose-colored glasses" to imply you were being biased in your assessment of the officiating went right over your head. So I'll be more direct this time: YOU'RE NOT UNBIASED. Clear now?

Oh, and I assume from your "so deal with it" comment that any proof of the anti-Pikeville conspiracy does not actually exist. So I guess that's that.
First off you said nothing about "rose colored glasses", you said "maroon colored glasses." Me saying for you to deal with it meant to deal with my voicing my opinion of how referees don't care much about Pikeville. Clear now? Just deal with it doesn't mean Cowbells are right. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
With the way that P-burg has played this year against the teams they have played and the lack of decent opponents, except Belfry which killed P-ville, I'm going to take P-burg in this one.
I'm going to go with Prestonsburg on this one. Should be a great game tonight!
If it wasnt homecoming for us I'd be at this game.It will definatly be a close one.
Let's keep this thread on topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mine got deleted too!!Big Grin Cool
jetpilot Wrote:Mine did too! While you're at it guys, please do me a favor and delete everything about Pikeville football on this site, lol.
Sometimes we have to take the bad with the good. :Hammer3:
jetpilot Wrote:Mine did too! While you're at it guys, please do me a favor and delete everything about Pikeville football on this site, lol.
Just stay focused ON TOPIC and nothing gets deleted.