Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 45 Whitley 0 Final
Whitley has nothing to hang there head about. Very good team. I like what they are building on. Had some nice plays. Big shout out to Kade on his play, he’s the real John Wayne baby. Big shout out to #41  on defense and # 10 they played like supermen out there tonight.

Seth Mills MVP from another planet.
I kinda figured Corbin would win by about this much but I thought Whitley would atleast score a couple points.
Seeing the freshman QB Elams arm. He’s a baller.
Whitley is better than I thought, just no depth whatsoever.  Coach Eier may have a little somethin somethin in the tank, good luck Whitley Co and Dougie hope you win every game here on out.  Go Hounds and Go Colonels!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Another kid I am proud of #23 Brandon Baker, Mr. Excitement. I love the line blocking giving our boys the ability to make huge plays. I saw a great wall of china at times out there all the way down the field. Nice job trench hogs. lol.
(08-27-2021, 11:33 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Whitley is better than I thought, just no depth whatsoever.  Coach Eier may have a little somethin somethin in the tank, good luck Whitley Co and Dougie hope you win every game here on out.  Go Hounds and Go Colonels!!!

Looks like Whitley barely has enough players to have a team, but I like their effort.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
I think Corbin has so much depth and talent that they wear most teams down by half time.
(08-27-2021, 11:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Another kid I am proud of #23 Brandon Baker, Mr. Excitement. I love the line blocking giving our boys the ability to make huge plays. I saw a great wall of china at times out there all the way down the field. Nice job trench hogs. lol.
Why you recruit my Baker cousin from Bell County? I don't know if these boys are my kin or not, but my great grandmother is a Baker, and her brother lived in Bell County Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-27-2021, 11:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Another kid I am proud of #23 Brandon Baker, Mr. Excitement. I love the line blocking giving our boys the ability to make huge plays. I saw a great wall of china at times out there all the way down the field. Nice job trench hogs. lol.

I am old and brittle, I would feel safe running behind our o line right now. I still don’t know what was more impressive the holes they made or their ability to get down field and make big blocks. Overall good game, Whitley is better than I thought.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(08-28-2021, 12:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 11:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Another kid I am proud of #23 Brandon Baker, Mr. Excitement. I love the line blocking giving our boys the ability to make huge plays. I saw a great wall of china at times out there all the way down the field. Nice job trench hogs. lol.
Why you recruit my Baker cousin from Bell County? I don't know if these boys are my kin or not, but my great grandmother is a Baker, and her brother lived in Bell County Smile
 Sorry Pjdoug I been a Baker for a lot longer time than you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • pjdoug
(08-28-2021, 12:18 AM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 12:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
 Sorry Pjdoug I been a Baker for a lot longer time than you.

You're older than dirt, and I'm getting there.
I'll say this out of the blue just so you'll know. I won't comply Smile
If Whitley could keep a consistent coach that wouldn’t leave or get fired they would be alright. But you have to hire buddies and be political so it won’t happen. That’s the difference between corbin and Whitley. Until they give a coach a chance to build a foundation they will never be able to keep numbers. I know a bunch that transferred to corbin and Williamsburg bc of that reason
(08-28-2021, 02:03 AM)Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote: If Whitley could keep a consistent coach that wouldn’t leave or get fired they would be alright. But you have to hire buddies and be political so it won’t happen. That’s the difference between corbin and Whitley. Until they give a coach a chance to build a  foundation they will never be able to keep numbers. I know a bunch that transferred to corbin and Williamsburg bc of that reason
Well after they ran haddix off and hired Greer, I wouldn’t say that’s a big difference haha. ??

But as far as the game, look I’ll be the first to say that I’m hard on our team and most of the time try to bring us back down a tad or temper expectations a little, especially early on when anything can happen. But man!!!! I can’t say a bad thing about what I saw  tonight. I know beating Whitley doesn’t mean we’re ready to take on IMG academy, but they had some talent. We just simply had way more, and depth to keep us fresh. People have already said it, but our depth wears people down. And when you don’t lose much or any when we start subbing peiple in and out it makes an exponential difference. Even a better players will lose the 1v1 battle eventually when faced with someone with fresh legs all the time. 

Our pass D stepped it up tonight. That was a good thing to see. And i still love combs, but Elam is gonna be a baller the next few years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Colonel_fanatic14
(08-28-2021, 02:22 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 02:03 AM)Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote: If Whitley could keep a consistent coach that wouldn’t leave or get fired they would be alright. But you have to hire buddies and be political so it won’t happen. That’s the difference between corbin and Whitley. Until they give a coach a chance to build a  foundation they will never be able to keep numbers. I know a bunch that transferred to corbin and Williamsburg bc of that reason
Well after they ran haddix off and hired Greer, I wouldn’t say that’s a big difference haha. ??

But as far as the game, look I’ll be the first to say that I’m hard on our team and most of the time try to bring us back down a tad or temper expectations a little, especially early on when anything can happen. But man!!!! I can’t say a bad thing about what I saw  tonight. I know beating Whitley doesn’t mean we’re ready to take on IMG academy, but they had some talent. We just simply had way more, and depth to keep us fresh. People have already said it, but our depth wears people down. And when you don’t lose much or any when we start subbing peiple in and out it makes an exponential difference. Even a better players will lose the 1v1 battle eventually when faced with someone with fresh legs all the time. 

Our pass D stepped it up tonight. That was a good thing to see. And i still love combs, but Elam is gonna be a baller the next few years.
Corbin is good & Whitley competed better than I thought. With that being said it’s zeke eiers first season. I think he has what it takes but kids want to win now, not settle for 3rd. Restarting with a new coach hurts cause you completely flip the offense and start developing relationships with the kids.  Most get tired and just leave. They go to corbin or Williamsburg. That’s why Whitley can’t keep numbers. They need to stick with zeke for awhile. Haddix might’ve left, but Greer is one hell of a defensive minded coach that was already on staff for years and knew most of the players. So you didn’t really have to worry about players leaving. Corbin keeps consistency in the program. Corbin could pretty well make it to state this year, They have all the talent and potential. That’s coming from a Whitley fan & alum.
(08-28-2021, 02:22 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

I said that Corbin will wear most teams down in the first half with their depth. I seriously think they have a real shot at winning it all. Elam is Coach Elam's son? I wasn't sure, but figured he was.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
Yes, he is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(08-28-2021, 09:05 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Yes, he is.

I always liked him as a coach. His son has learned a lot from him and been well coached. He made some big time throws last night, and looked like a 4 year starter.

Id say this is spot on, but you can’t get rid of coaches when times get hard either.  I thought Chappel was doing a good job.  He had numbers but when the roster fell off for a couple years he was gone.  Whitley Co has its supporters, even several of us Corbin guys would love to see them do big things, it’s just always been the same thing.  Im not going down that road again though, I talked to a couple of Whitley buddies last night and so I’ve heard Siler is trying to change things, which does shock the crap outta of me, but it doesn’t matter who it is if he can get all the right people to buy in over time the culture can change.  The key is getting kids outta the hallways and onto the field, gotta get them motivated to play.  Just my opinion but football teaches these kids so many life lessons over a short 4 years, it takes most people half their life to learn.  Those Whitley boys gave it their all last night, they just didn’t lay down which honestly to me says a lot, there’s been several years the game was over before kickoff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Colonel_fanatic14
Congratulations Corbin!!

And thanks for the updates. Bull, you did a great job!!! I appreciate being able to keep up with the games I cannot attend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-28-2021, 10:00 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Congratulations Corbin!!

And thanks for the updates.  Bull, you did a great job!!!  I appreciate being able to keep up with the games I cannot attend.

Thanks Granny!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear
(08-28-2021, 09:40 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Id say this is spot on, but you can’t get rid of coaches when times get hard either.  I thought Chappel was doing a good job.  He had numbers but when the roster fell off for a couple years he was gone.  Whitley Co has its supporters, even several of us Corbin guys would love to see them do big things, it’s just always been the same thing.  Im not going down that road again though, I talked to a couple of Whitley buddies last night and so I’ve heard Siler is trying to change things, which does shock the crap outta of me, but it doesn’t matter who it is if he can get all the right people to buy in over time the culture can change.  The key is getting kids outta the hallways and onto the field, gotta get them motivated to play.  Just my opinion but football teaches these kids so many life lessons over a short 4 years, it takes most people half their life to learn.  Those Whitley boys gave it their all last night, they just didn’t lay down which honestly to me says a lot, there’s been several years the game was over before kickoff.
Chappel was a players coach. He had a great offensive mind, but when Frazier left I knew struggles was going to happen. They both complimented each other very well. That team went 10-3 one year with them there. Swept the district and came down to the wire against Pulaski (they was state runner up that year). I wish they would’ve played corbin last that year I think it would’ve been a better game than at the start honestly. But we can’t live in the past we got to live in the now.
Way to Go Colonels! Keep moving forward.
(08-28-2021, 12:55 PM)Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 09:40 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Chappel was a players coach. He had a great offensive mind, but when Frazier left I knew struggles was going to happen. They both complimented each other very well. That team went 10-3 one year with them there. Swept the district and came down to the wire against Pulaski (they was state runner up that year). I wish they would’ve played corbin last that year I think it would’ve been a better game than at the start honestly. But we can’t live in the past we got to live in the now.

Well I’ve heard some stories about why Frazier left also, and it all had to do with a certain principal that I’d also heard fancied himself as a football coach.  Like you said though it’s in the past, hopefully this new coach is the Whitley Co huckleberry
Congrats Redhounds! Also, I think Eier will do a great job for Whitley if they give him some time.
Corbin Freshman Qb Kade Elam first game as a starter at Qb

Kade Elam 12/14….283yds passing..2Td
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
I have been out of town and just getting a chance to comment. Corbin offensive line deserves the game ball, they made #10 look great. I noticed the back up qb, he is very talented, great arm and in a year when the game slows down he will be out right dangerous. I said it last week but 13 is and was the most athletic player on the field, I would say that applies to this game also. I am do not understand why they did not go his way more, I don't see a high school db slowing him down. The defense for Corbin passed the eye test again, 41 was all over the field and delivered multiple knock out hits, blew up plays within his gap, and made several plays in the backfield. This week I noticed 15, 42, and 4 played great games also. 15 is a tough kid, he flies to the ball and does not back down. 42 made several plays, 4 is just a athlete. 64 and 75 on the offensive line are players, tough and know their roll, do it very well. I think Corbin is for real, they have to fix the linebackers and pass coverages on the short throw. The linebackers do not attack the line of scrimmage to stop the run.