Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 28 - Paintsville 0
Final.
This was a slow football game. Paintsville isn't very good like they have been in past years. Who is their QB this year? He looks like he should be playing on the o-line. Allen Craynon and Bobby Hughes had huge games. Keep it going boys! HAIL BLACKCATS!!!!
congrats on the win Blackcats... keep your heads up Tigers ya gotta come back from it.
This game gets heated at times how was tonights game? Im not trying to start anything here so don't start throwing blame around. I was just wondering how the night went.
Why on earth won't coach Allen give Doderer more carries? He is by far the best player for the Tigers and they aren't using him near enough. Heck he got more carries last year. The other running backs don't hit the hole hard enough for me.
Congrats Prestonsburg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Prestonsburg played excellent on defense. The Blackcats missed a few blocks on offense, but overall a good game. The Prestonsburg backs had another good game, each had a touchdown (Allen Craynon, Seth Setser, and Dalton Taylor). Prestonsburg wide-out Austin Gearheart had an amazing catch in the first half. Prestonsburg didn’t have any turnovers tonight. Was a slow played game, but both teams played good. Paintsville has a really special player in #33. He hit’s the hole at full speed. You could tell how inexperienced Vanhoose was a quarterback but he is an athlete, and he will get better each week. Both teams played hard and the better team won. Congrats Blackcats and keep your heads up Tigers you have a very good team.
Congrats Pburg! Another great game from Craynon, Hughes, and Setser. Score could have been higher for pburg with a few big plays called back and a touchdown pass dropped. But all in all a great win.
Congrats Prestonsburg Pep Section on winning the "Spirit Trophy."
Congrats Blackcats!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Austin Gearheart on his great catch for pburg. Catch of the week on sports overtime.
How many turnovers did Paintsville have? I talked to a buddy of mine that played for Pburg a few years back and he said the Tigers moved the ball but turned it over too many times to actually have a chance to win the game. Congrats to Prestonsburg on the win.
I thought both schools looked good, but I'd hardly send any spirit congrats the blackcats way. I've seen better.
GRIZZ Wrote:How many turnovers did Paintsville have? I talked to a buddy of mine that played for Pburg a few years back and he said the Tigers moved the ball but turned it over too many times to actually have a chance to win the game. Congrats to Prestonsburg on the win.

I only remember them having two turnovers. One off of a kickoff and another on a dive up the middle. Paintsville had great field positon the whole game, they just didn't move the ball very well when they got into Blackcat territory. If they would have kept giving the ball to #33 they would have ended up having a successful drive, and may have scored a few times. But they spread the ball around and had too many plays get blown up on them.
Figured it would have been worse! Congrats BlackCats!
Paintsville does have a very nice back in Soph. #33, Dodderer. He needs at least 20-25 touches a game, and needs at least one play that allows him to run to the left(his best side).
I know that Vanhoose hasn't ever played QB befor this year, but he is a force on defense! I honestly think he might be one of the top 4-5 LB's in the mountains, and the best I have seen in person this year.
In the games I have seen from Paintsville so far this year, they mix it up too much and their sweep is way to predictable to be effective against good teams like the Burg.
Paintsville is much more effectrive with dives and counters(which they hardly ever use), and an occassional "bump it outside". try 4-6 passes to the tight ends, 3-5 to the rb's, and 5-7 short routes to wr's. They should have a "hot route" reciever on every play along with a slanting reciever. These routes would get 3-4 chances a game.
The way it is right now, a 5th grader could read our offense.
Every defense gives you something, last night Burg's D was giving up the C gap. #33 was able to get 3-5 yards there nearly every time (I'll take that).
Defensively, I was OK with Paintsville, Even the spectacular catch by Austin(good kid) was well covered. Prestonsburg was just a better team, therefor able to put points on the board.
Paintsville might not win another game this year. But a little smarter playcalling and they might pick up 2-3 more wins.
Not trying to be mean by the "smarter " commont, just couldn't think of a better phrase for them to disquise their "O" better.
Congrats P-Burg on a good win. Keep your heads up Tigers and work harder as it ain't gettin any easier!
It was very nice to see these two teams hugging and congratulating each other on well played games as the time was expiring. They didn't need to line up to do this and you could tell they were sincere in giving out their congrats.
Congrats Pburg
Congrats Blackcats
Congrats Blackcats
P-burg Has A Kid That Plays With Alot Of Heart To Be So Small.he Is #36 I Think His Name Is Austin Mckinny.if This Kid Could Gain About 40 Lbs He Would Be All World.he Plays Hard On Every Play.good Job #36.
Congrats Pburg.

I spoke to one of my best buds who is from Pburg, he did say Paintsville had too many turnovers but the biggest problem was the play callin on offense.
Redneck Wrote:Congrats Pburg.

I spoke to one of my best buds who is from Pburg, he did say Paintsville had too many turnovers but the biggest problem was the play callin on offense.

They only had 2 turnovers. As far as offense goes they need to give #33 alot more carries, he has alot of speed and looked to be one of there best players on offense.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:They only had 2 turnovers. As far as offense goes they need to give #33 alot more carries, he has alot of speed and looked to be one of there best players on offense.

How many times did Paintsville go for it on 4th down?

Doderer is a hell of a player, he's only a soph too. Paintsville doesn't have good enough blockin up front to be runnin the wishbone. They would be better off to spread it out with Humphrey and Deaton and have Doderer as a single back or in the I form. Throw the ball more to set up the run for Doderer.
Redneck Wrote:How many times did Paintsville go for it on 4th down?

Doderer is a hell of a player, he's only a soph too. Paintsville doesn't have good enough blockin up front to be runnin the wishbone. They would be better off to spread it out with Humphrey and Deaton and have Doderer as a single back or in the I form. Throw the ball more to set up the run for Doderer.

I dont know exactly how many times they went for it on 4th down but i know they did several times towards the end of the game.
And I agree Doderer is a great player
Whats up with the Paintsville fan support? We had 3x more fans than they did in Paintsville.
blackcat_student Wrote:Whats up with the Paintsville fan support? We had 3x more fans than they did in Paintsville.
We are traditionaly, fair weathered fans.
If we ain't good.......we ain't coming!Sad
:thatsfunn

Hope the "higher-ups" dont see that post!!!!!
i sure we can round up some Black and Gold for ya, man. come on, turn to the dark side.
i couldnt think of a better addition to come join us across the creek.

BTW, i havent seen Doderrer this year. does he have the ability to make an impact in the Apple Bowl? jus seen what everyones been sayin on this thread about him.
Ring'Em Up Wrote::thatsfunn

Hope the "higher-ups" dont see that post!!!!!
i sure we can round up some Black and Gold for ya, man. come on, turn to the dark side.
i couldnt think of a better addition to come join us across the creek.

BTW, i havent seen Doderrer this year. does he have the ability to make an impact in the Apple Bowl? jus seen what everyones been sayin on this thread about him.

Shawn Grimm couldn't run against JC if he was in the blue and white. Hope that answers your question, lol.