Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Sportsplex To Open Mid-October
The Knott Co. Sportsplex, with 5 basketball/volleyball courts, 3 baseball fields, 2 soccer/football fields, a state of the arts fitness center, walking track, basketball museum,8 lane bowling alley, arcade, and much more will open October 12 with a BCI girls middle school tournament ( over 70 teams from around the state. BCI Tournaments are scheduled throughout the year. Leagues for all ages (basketball -Softball -volleyball-bowling leagues-baseball-soccer) are being developed as we speak. The Knott Co. Sportsplex is located on Highway 80 between Hindman and Garrett. Check it out www.knottky.com !
Sounds kool. Its good that the Hindman area is beginning to get some new things.
I was over there working last summer when they got the skate park below the high school. I am glad that the kids actually have some where to go now to do things instead of driving the 30 minutes to Hazard.
Sounds like a pretty good addition to Knott County.
Sounds pretty nice and good for the kids.
That is awesome! I have always said that Letcher County needed a YMCA or some kind of sports complex of some sort for these kids and well, us Adults, LOL!
Have been by there and saw it a few times and it looks huge. Very nice addition for the area. Def. have to check it out when it opens.
ttt
killerb Wrote:The Knott Co. Sportsplex, with 5 basketball/volleyball courts, 3 baseball fields, 2 soccer/football fields, a state of the arts fitness center, walking track, basketball museum,8 lane bowling alley, arcade, and much more will open October 12 with a BCI girls middle school tournament ( over 70 teams from around the state. BCI Tournaments are scheduled throughout the year. Leagues for all ages (basketball -Softball -volleyball-bowling leagues-baseball-soccer) are being developed as we speak. The Knott Co. Sportsplex is located on Highway 80 between Hindman and Garrett. Check it out www.knottky.com !

Real Nice!! I would love to see more of these built around E. Ky.
When I went to college at Alice Lloyd there was NOTHING to do!!! At least there will be a variety of things that can be enjoyed now in that area!!