Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley VS Belfry
Congratulations everyone.You guys have singlehandedly turned this post into something as classless as the posts about the Regional B ball game last year between Valley and Pike Central.I would not dare to even say we are God like.Anyone can be beaten on any given night and I do mean anybody.Crow tastes bad no matter how its prepared.While I do believe we should win this match up anything is possible.We must always respect our opponents as most do us.Above all else we must have class or the tradition built at Belfry is meaningless.Just my opinion and I hope I didn't offend anyone.
cobra67 Wrote:Congratulations everyone.You guys have singlehandedly turned this post into something as classless as the posts about the Regional B ball game last year between Valley and Pike Central.I would not dare to even say we are God like.Anyone can be beaten on any given night and I do mean anybody.Crow tastes bad no matter how its prepared.While I do believe we should win this match up anything is possible.We must always respect our opponents as most do us.Above all else we must have class or the tradition built at Belfry is meaningless.Just my opinion and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Well said!!!!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I think Valley has the best chance they've ever had of beating Belfry.

I AGREE NICE POST!!!
cobra67 Wrote:Congratulations everyone.You guys have singlehandedly turned this post into something as classless as the posts about the Regional B ball game last year between Valley and Pike Central.I would not dare to even say we are God like.Anyone can be beaten on any given night and I do mean anybody.Crow tastes bad no matter how its prepared.While I do believe we should win this match up anything is possible.We must always respect our opponents as most do us.Above all else we must have class or the tradition built at Belfry is meaningless.Just my opinion and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

If all of Belfry's fans were like this, there would be no reason to argue, this person knows they could be beat, as anyone can, and he doesn't say they're gonna destroy Valley, this is a classy person.
Does noone believe in actually discussing football anymore?

Goodness gracious, we have Belfry fans claiming to be God-like, we have Pikeville fans giving grammar lessons, we have Valley fans trying to turn this entire discussion into bulletin board material for their team by pushing the issue on the whole "God" thing... ENOUGH!

Let's try this the way it is supposed to be:

Keys To Victory
BELFRY
- Hold onto the football... the easiest way to let Valley into this game is to give the a short field and momentum at home.

- Playing in the past.... point blank Valley has never been within 3 TD's of Belfry, even in the Pirate's "down years"... the worst thing that belfry can do is think this will be just another SV team, I said it earlier and will say it again, from watching this SV team this may be the best team the Wildcats have ever had.

- Do the dang thing...... If Belfry plays focused football and execute their offense they should have no issues. The Pirate's must take a workman's approach and look to turn every posession into a 12 play drive that just deoralizes a team's confidence.

-Burn em.... Realistically, the only way Valley will shut down Belfry's offense is to either have the Pirate's beat themselves with fumbles, or to sell out to stop the run (aka 9 or 10 in the box, play the safety as a LB). Belfry needs to capitalize on this by setting up the option and the play action pass, and when these options present themselves they need to go for the juggular.

SHELBY VALLEY
- Ride the wave.... Mometum is the single biggest key to Valley's success. The Wildcats have got to come out with reckless abandon, and look to increase their momentum progressively throughout the game. This menas on offense they have to convert 3rd downs, they have to execute their assignments perfectly, and they have to take calculated strikes down the field to try to find the big play. Defensively they have got to create fumbles and put doubt in the Pirates' heads.

- Mistake free... if Valley turns the ball over more than twice they have no chance...PERIOD. If they miss blocking assignments Belfry will eat their QB alive.If they miss tackles or miss defensive assingments Belfry will bust long plasy and destory what momentum they build.

- Balance... No offense SV fans, but SV has no chance of beating Belfry is they run the ball every play. Additionally, if they go the air more than 3/4 of the time they also will get beat. Belfry is too fundamentally sound and Haywood si too good of a coach. The Wildcats have got to maintaina run/pass balance and hurt Belfry with playaction. Setting up in the shotgun will get them nowhere, neither will running out of the wsihbone.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Does noone believe in actually discussing football anymore?

Goodness gracious, we have Belfry fans claiming to be God-like, we have Pikeville fans giving grammar lessons, we have Valley fans trying to turn this entire discussion into bulletin board material for their team by pushing the issue on the whole "God" thing... ENOUGH!

Keys To Victory
BELFRY
- Hold onto the football... the easiest way to let Valley into this game is to give the a short field and momentum at home.

- Playing in the past.... point blank Valley has never been within 3 TD's of Belfry, even in the Pirate's "down years"... the worst thing that belfry can do is think this will be just another SV team, I said it earlier and will say it again, from watching this SV team this may be the best team the Wildcats have ever had.

- Do the dang thing...... If Belfry plays focused football and execute their offense they should have no issues. The Pirate's must take a workman's approach and look to turn every posession into a 12 play drive that just deoralizes a team's confidence.

-Burn em.... Realistically, the only way Valley will shut down Belfry's offense is to either have the Pirate's beat themselves with fumbles, or to sell out to stop the run (aka 9 or 10 in the box, play the safety as a LB). Belfry needs to capitalize on this by setting up the option and the play action pass, and when these options present themselves they need to go for the juggular.

SHELBY VALLEY
- Ride the wave.... Mometum is the single biggest key to Valley's success. The Wildcats have got to come out with reckless abandon, and look to increase their momentum progressively throughout the game. This menas on offense they have to convert 3rd downs, they have to execute their assignments perfectly, and they have to take calculated strikes down the field to try to find the big play. Defensively they have got to create fumbles and put doubt in the Pirates' heads.

- Mistake free... if Valley turns the ball over more than twice they have no chance...PERIOD. If they miss blocking assignments Belfry will eat their QB alive.If they miss tackles or miss defensive assingments Belfry will bust long plasy and destory what momentum they build.

- Balance... No offense SV fans, but SV has no chance of beating Belfry is they run the ball every play. Additionally, if they go the air more than 3/4 of the time they also will get beat. Belfry is too fundamentally sound and Haywood si too good of a coach. The Wildcats have got to maintaina run/pass balance and hurt Belfry with playaction. Setting up in the shotgun will get them nowhere, neither will running out of the wsihbone.
Finally!! A very good observative post .Good Job EKU. Now take care of business Pirates.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:If all of Belfry's fans were like this, there would be no reason to argue, this person knows they could be beat, as anyone can, and he doesn't say they're gonna destroy Valley, this is a classy person.
Thanks SV Lady and CFWM. I was only trying to state what I feel and be honest.I only read this for intellectual posts on the games like most people and to cheer on our boys the right way.I appreciate your comments.

Keys To Victory
BELFRY

SHELBY VALLEY

Great Post!!
It's member's like you who make's this site the best!!!
Good luck to both teams friday night and play safe and clean.
Go Valley!!!
BelfryPride Wrote:One fan does not represent the entire fanbase...every school has them, every sports program from grade school to the pros has those type fans....even your school ...suprise ! So think of your own glass house before you start throwing rocks at others

I am very well aware of that glass house. Everybody always talks about Valley not being classy, and when I read that post, I was incredulous and wanted to "say something."

I agree all of this sort of talk is bull.... Thanks to those of you who put the thread back on track.

And, I am seriously praying that there are NO injuries for either team Friday night. Good luck Belfry and Valley. Go Cats!
Belfry by alot...
Wow
BelfryPride Wrote::confused:

Wow, again...Pot calling the kettle blacK....

Notice the little wink icon at the end of the post...appearantly not:confused: , It means that it wasn't to be taken seriously....

You can dish out the bull$&it and claim to be joking, but when the shoe is on the other foot you get pissed....

:confused:

What are you talking about? You say I can dish out the BS, please show me where I have ever insulted Belfry's team or program. I don't do that.

Listen, I have done nothing but show respect for Belfry in every post I have made on this thread. I still don't get why you have so much contempt for Shelby Valley. If you say it's because there are jerks on BGR from there, well that could be said about any school. One or two bad apples does not ruin the whole institution.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keys To Victory
BELFRY

SHELBY VALLEY

GREAT post, one of the best I've seen on here in a long time! :Thumbs:

I don't see any way Valley beats Belfry, but if they go out and give it all they've got, then they will have nothing to be ashamed of.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Do you think Haywood will leave his starters in the entire game, even if it's a blowout? I guess he might, if he has a bone to pick with Saunders... Smile

Then what do you call this comment ???

...Anyway back to the game I sure wish I could be there...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry will be too much for SV. This appears to be a very good Belfry team taking on what appears to be a much improved SV team.

I have to stick with the Pirates without the slow start.

Belfry - 56
SV - 14

Good Luck to both and stay away from the injuries.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
All these people are saying Valley is much improved, but in reality, it's gonna be a down slide in 2 years. This year they lose a 3 year starter in Tyler Johnson. Next year their QB will be a Junior, and I don't think there's another QB on the roster, so after 2 more years, you can look for some slipping for SV as they won't have ANY experience at quarterback.
More Cowbell Wrote:Do you think Haywood will leave his starters in the entire game, even if it's a blowout? I guess he might, if he has a bone to pick with Saunders... Smile

BelfryPride Wrote:Then what do you call this comment ???

I call that comment part of another discussion about whether SV would be able to score against Belfry's "D". The point was made by someone else that SV wouldn't be able to score because they couldn't do anything on the first team defense, and the comment above was to explain that Haywood wouldn't leave his first teamers in the entire game. Therefore, it would be reasonable to expect Valley to score 2 or 3 TD's against the backups.

I don't see how anyone could consider that post anything even close to an insult to Haywood or his team. Trust me, if there's any school on BGR that is usually the target of insults or just general contempt, it's usually Shelby Valley.

As for the game, it's only a few hours away now, so let's hope everyone plays well and no one gets hurt!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Let's hope for an injury free game...

This one is closed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]