Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 89 Covington Catholic 87 OT
Final...... Reed Shepherd 45pts Clay Sizemore winning 3 at the buzzer.  Down goes Catholic!!!
Damn... I wish I had driven the 15 minutes and attended that one!!!
Sheppard has 37, 48 and now 45 in first three games, against two pretty good teams and one very good team. Seems like his game has advanced to a much higher level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • 64SUR
(01-12-2021, 10:55 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Sheppard has 37, 48 and now 45 in first three games, against two pretty good teams and one very good team. Seems like his game has advanced to a much higher level.

Can't wait to watch that young man play !!!
In my opinion North is the team to beat in the 13th region this year and Sheppard is hands down the best player in the region. I know he is just a sophomore but its sad that UK or Louisville hasn't offered this kid yet. I'd take him over a lot of the AAU bums that Cal has this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cchsfan4life's post:
  • BoondockSaint
Turner kid from Knox isnt a slouch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • 4ever witness
(01-13-2021, 10:23 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Turner kid from Knox isnt a slouch.
I agree.....he is a great player and I believe there are several really good players in the region, but in my opinion Sheppard is overall the best player in the region and he is just a sophomore.
It's a special kid whose only a silly Sophomore that can drops 45 on an elite Cov Cath team who D'd up on him like stank on poo all night. It'll be disappointing if this kid leaves the bluegrass state to play at the next level.
I really want to see this kid play. Do you guys have any streaming sites for you games there?
(01-13-2021, 08:49 AM)cchsfan4life Wrote: In my opinion North is the team to beat in the 13th region this year and Sheppard is hands down the best player in the region.  I know he is just a sophomore but its sad that UK or Louisville hasn't offered this kid yet.  I'd take him over a lot of the AAU bums that Cal has this year.

With the way North has looked thus far, I'd have to agree with you. I saw Reed play last year. Can't wait to see him this year.

(01-13-2021, 03:45 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 10:23 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Turner kid from Knox isnt a slouch.
I agree.....he is a great player and I believe there are several really good players in the region, but in my opinion Sheppard is overall the best player in the region and he is just a sophomore.

Agree.

(01-13-2021, 04:21 PM)Oldtiger Wrote: It's a special kid whose only a silly Sophomore that can drops 45 on an elite Cov Cath team who D'd up on him like stank on poo all night.  It'll be disappointing if this kid leaves the bluegrass state to play at the next level.
Yeah, that 45 speaks for itself.  How could that young man go wrong with his pedigree ?  Mom was a starter on two state championship teams, one as an eight-grader, and then went on to become one of the best players in UK history. Dad was a star at UK and led them to a national championship.  Can't wait to watch this kid get even better over the next two years.
There aren't many players around the state that any team will see this year that outplay Shepard. You can't teach that kind of talent.
Coach cal won't recruit him. Will expect him to walk on at Kentucky and sit the bench. I think he should go to IOWA, GONZAGA OR WESTERN KENTUCKY. THEY WILL PLAY HIM.

I THINK HE IS 1 OF THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THE STATE OF KENTUCKY RIGHT NOW AND HE IS ONLY A. SOPHOMORE.
Reed Shephard is the real deal, saw on twitter he just got offer from Iowa, but North Laurel has a lot of talent around him, Davisdon and Sizemore are the perfect compliment to Reeds' skills. North Laurel is really good.
If Sheppadd isn't a Wildcat in a few years the BBN will lose their minds...especially when his scholarship goes to some kid that couldn't care less about Kentucky basketball and will only be kn Lexington for 10 months or so.

College basketball has turned into a complete joke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(01-13-2021, 10:21 PM)TheOracle Wrote: There aren't many players around the state that any team will see this year that outplay Shepard. You can't teach that kind of talent.
Agree!