Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey James opts out of his senior season at Martin County HS, will join Iona
Martin County's "Monster in the Middle", Trey James has opted out of his senior season @ Martin County high school and will join Rick Pitino's Iona Gales team in New York.

Can't say that I blame Trey.  Yesterday, West Virginia announced their high school basketball season was delayed until March 1st.  I can understand wanting to get started with the next chapter in your life with so much uncertainty.  Trey had an historic career as a Cardinal, breaking state records, winning the 57th district & 15th region championships.

Best of luck to him at the next level.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Martin County will still be good this season, but this opens up the 15th region.

The streaming buys for the Belfry vs. Martin County game this season would have been close to a Tyson or Mayweather PPV buy rate.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Hope Trey does well and wish him nothing but the best.
Good luck Young man! Make the Mountains proud!
Can't blame him. Go do big things kid.
Good decision IMO... Best of luck, Trey!
Wish Trey James the best of luck. Smart to go in and work with trainers and see what it’s all about. He will be more ready when the time comes. Just wonder if he graduated early? How does that work? Or will finish online maybe?
(01-01-2021, 04:43 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Good decision IMO... Best of luck, Trey!
I agree.  Avoid any more of the drama and go prepare for the next level.  Wish the young man luck.
So is he foregoing his senior year and starting college early? Or is he just not playing his senior year all together?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-02-2021, 11:37 AM)Spud6 Wrote: So is he foregoing his senior year and starting college early? Or is he just not playing his senior year all together?

The way I understand it, he is starting college early.
[-] The following 1 user Likes clipperw's post:
  • Spud6
(01-02-2021, 11:37 AM)Spud6 Wrote: So is he foregoing his senior year and starting college early? Or is he just not playing his senior year all together?

Graduating early and enrolling at Iona.
(01-02-2021, 03:10 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote:

Graduating early and enrolling at Iona.

Gotcha. Thanks
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Cardinalfootballguy
Good luck to Trey, Pitino will get the most out of him.
I am a little surprised he'd pass up his senior season. That's a long way from home.
Congrats to Trey on a great high school career and good luck as he begins preparing for his college career.

I do feel bad for the people of Martin County. Trey is so big, athletic and talented that his senior season would have been so exciting for that community. They would have had a chance to actually play at Rupp arena this year.