Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 34 West Carter 12
(10-18-2020, 08:56 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 11:24 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:41 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: First off the personal foul was waved off because it wasn’t a personal foul. Paintsville DB timed it perfectly and hit the receiver at the exact same time that the ball arrived so there’s that. The phantom TD called incomplete was incomplete because by the time the receiver landed on the ground the ball was 5feet from him still rolling. Last play To end the 1st half, Paintsville takes a stab into the end zone just to have 2 West Carter DB’s grab the Receiver and throw him to the ground before the ball made it to him but we won’t talk about that “NO CALL”! The Good thing is, anyone can go back and watch this game online. Watch the so called “no call” personal foul and the final pass at the end of the 1st half and see what you think. As for my thoughts on West Carter, solid football team with good size. They have a couple speedsters. RB has a lot of talent but just spent most of his effort bouncing side to side and would have had more success getting upfield. QB has a STRONG arm but accuracy is an issue which left them having to lean on the run maybe more than they wanted. At the end the comet defense was just worn down and was having trouble wrapping up as you can see on the last big Phelps run. All in all, West Carter was a very solid team with some good pieces but just wasn’t able to match Paintsville’s level of play and that wouldn’t change no matter what field they played on! Going back and watching the stream would absolutely put that theory to rest.
I think Paintsville was the better team tonight and agree with what Blue-Bird said except the personal foul that was called and then waved off. The only reason I disagree because the defensive player lead with his helmet and I thought that was a penalty now. He was not early and it wasn’t interference but that is all I seen but I was watching it on video and I wasn’t there.

I was directly above the play and seen nothing that would warrant a personal foul. Young official Standing near a violent hit, with an already Rowdy West Carter sideline, felt he had to call something. With his view being toward the back of the WC receiver, he was in no position to be able to see the initial contact from the front side of the receiverwhich is why the head official (who could see the play) waved it off. Trust me, a JC Lead officiating crew is not going to Home cook ANY team for Favor of Paintsville. Which is why Jets comment about playing at Paintsville to anyone that actually knows is pretty funny

(10-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: I think Paintsville was the better team tonight and agree with what Blue-Bird said except the personal foul that was called and then waved off. The only reason I disagree because the defensive player lead with his helmet and I thought that was a penalty now. He was not early and it wasn’t interference but that is all I seen but I was watching it on video and I wasn’t there.

I was directly above the play and seen nothing that would warrant a personal foul. Young official Standing near a violent hit, with an already Rowdy West Carter sideline, felt he had to call something. With his view being toward the back of the WC receiver, he was in no position to be able to see the initial contact from the front side of the receiverwhich is why the head official (who could see the play) waved it off. Trust me, a JC Lead officiating crew is not going to Home cook ANY team for Favor of Paintsville. Which is why Jets comment about playing at Paintsville to anyone that actually knows is pretty funny

check out the play at the 39.40 mark. You can clearly see Porter’s head to the left and Beside the receivers head. Right shoulder to Right shoulder. Tough to see from across the field in the visitors bleachers so I can understand.
Go back and watch the same film and you’ll see WC defensive end being held whenever Paintsville threw the TD in the 2nd quarter and it wasn’t called. Or whenever WC recovered a Paintsville fumble in the red zone because the officials incorrectly ruled the runner down. 2 missed calls that gave Paintsville points. It is what it is. Two good teams were on the field last night. I think we saw a semifinal 2A team and a state championship 1A team.
Do you think West Carter is good enough to beat Beechwood this year?
I think they’re good enough to beat Breathitt County or Walton Verona.

(10-18-2020, 09:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 04:47 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 02:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I agree WC would be the 3rd ranked team in 1A.
West Carter is a 2a school ...
I know, if they were in 1A they would be be ranked #3...
I think they would be too.
We have got to clean up our penalties or it will cost us in a big game. How many times did we get flagged for holding on our offensive line? There had to have been 5 or 6 holding penalties from our line.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ralph Furley's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(10-18-2020, 08:56 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 11:24 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: First off the personal foul was waved off because it wasn’t a personal foul. Paintsville DB timed it perfectly and hit the receiver at the exact same time that the ball arrived so there’s that. The phantom TD called incomplete was incomplete because by the time the receiver landed on the ground the ball was 5feet from him still rolling. Last play To end the 1st half, Paintsville takes a stab into the end zone just to have 2 West Carter DB’s grab the Receiver and throw him to the ground before the ball made it to him but we won’t talk about that “NO CALL”! The Good thing is, anyone can go back and watch this game online. Watch the so called “no call” personal foul and the final pass at the end of the 1st half and see what you think. As for my thoughts on West Carter, solid football team with good size. They have a couple speedsters. RB has a lot of talent but just spent most of his effort bouncing side to side and would have had more success getting upfield. QB has a STRONG arm but accuracy is an issue which left them having to lean on the run maybe more than they wanted. At the end the comet defense was just worn down and was having trouble wrapping up as you can see on the last big Phelps run. All in all, West Carter was a very solid team with some good pieces but just wasn’t able to match Paintsville’s level of play and that wouldn’t change no matter what field they played on! Going back and watching the stream would absolutely put that theory to rest.
I think Paintsville was the better team tonight and agree with what Blue-Bird said except the personal foul that was called and then waved off. The only reason I disagree because the defensive player lead with his helmet and I thought that was a penalty now. He was not early and it wasn’t interference but that is all I seen but I was watching it on video and I wasn’t there.

(10-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: I think Paintsville was the better team tonight and agree with what Blue-Bird said except the personal foul that was called and then waved off. The only reason I disagree because the defensive player lead with his helmet and I thought that was a penalty now. He was not early and it wasn’t interference but that is all I seen but I was watching it on video and I wasn’t there.

check out the play at the 39.40 mark. You can clearly see Porter’s head to the left and Beside the receivers head. Right shoulder to Right shoulder. Tough to see from across the field in the visitors bleachers so I can understand.
Go back and watch the same film and you’ll see WC defensive end being held whenever Paintsville threw the TD in the 2nd quarter and it wasn’t called. Or whenever WC recovered a Paintsville fumble in the red zone because the officials incorrectly ruled the runner down. 2 missed calls that gave Paintsville points. It is what it is. Two good teams were on the field last night. I think we saw a semifinal 2A team and a state championship 1A team.
Do you think West Carter is good enough to beat Beechwood this year?
No.

West Carter is a good team and worthy of being in that 5-7 ranking range in their class, but West Carter is going to lose 9/10 or 10/10 games against the Top 3 teams.
Just not enough depth of talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
West Carter was a solid football team.
Watching online .. it looked like things got chippy towards the end.
Was that due to the play where the West Carter players took out the Long Snapper? (No offense to anyone ... but If I were West Carter ... I wouldn't want my name attached to the video that is floating around the internet).

That may be inflammatory--but it certainly isn't a good look and hopefully the Paintsville athlete will be okay.
(10-21-2020, 04:41 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Watching online .. it looked like things got chippy towards the end.
Was that due to the play where the West Carter players took out the Long Snapper? (No offense to anyone ... but If I were West Carter ... I wouldn't want my name attached to the video that is floating around the internet).

That may be inflammatory--but it certainly isn't a good look and hopefully the Paintsville athlete will be okay.

yes, emotions did begin to run a little high after that shot. That was actually the 2nd time it happened. The same thing happened on the PAT before and there was no call. Praying the young man makes a 100% recovery!

(10-21-2020, 04:41 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Watching online .. it looked like things got chippy towards the end.

Is there a different video angle than just the live stream KYHillbilly?