Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Crossing 20 Scott County 0 (Frosh)
Final from Great Crossing this is the Warhawks first win over Scott Co. at any level in football. The question is if this is a precursor of things to come?
(09-30-2020, 12:13 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Final from Great Crossing this is the Warhawks first win over Scott Co. at any level in football. The question is if this is a precursor of things to come?

Since you are a big Douglas homer, and go from site to site posting about a 9th grade game. I'm sure you are glad they spliit because Douglas was 1-3 before that. Heard both Great Crossing and Douglas will be 6A soon and Scott might even go down to 4A, read somewhere that they barley have 500 boys in there school now and still playing mostly 6A schools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Iam4thecats
I'm not sure who you talked to but Douglass is not at the numbers yet to move to 6A but Scott Co. had better hope so. Because they are not beating Douglass this year or anytime soon we don't know about at the freshmen and JV level because Scott cancelled those games last year on the field after the regular season running clock that Douglass put on the Cardinals. Hey even if Douglass does move to 6A if Scott plays mostly 6A they can continue to play Douglass since they are so close. I'd believe I'd be more worried about the school in my county beating me than Frederick Douglass. I guess you are a Big Scott Co. homer or have something against Frederick Douglass but have a nice day.
(09-30-2020, 03:01 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I'm not sure who you talked to but Douglass is not at the numbers yet to move to 6A but Scott Co. had better hope so. Because they are not beating Douglass this year or anytime soon we don't know about at the freshmen and JV level because Scott cancelled those games last year on the field after the regular season running clock that Douglass put on the Cardinals. Hey even if Douglass does move to 6A if Scott plays mostly 6A they can continue to play Douglass since they are so close. I'd believe I'd be more worried about the school in my county beating me than Frederick Douglass. I guess you are a Big Scott Co. homer or have something against Frederick Douglass but have a nice day.

Not a Scott Co. homer at all. only seen them play a few times, but do have kin folk that go to GC. I just think its silly to post a Frosh score on multiple sites who really cares. It doesn't take a genius to realize Scott Co isn't going to beat FD, no one should come within 20-30 points of them and if not State Champs some heads should roll. Why do you think no public school in Lexington will even play them anymore unless they have to duh? Because zero chance to win, not even enjoyable to watch a public school game in Lexington anymore. Scott Co has less than 1000 students in there school now, blows my mind what the administration has done to that school- building a new Scott Co. High by '23 maybe things will change then. If Carter G. ever leaves FD campus they could be in the same boat as Scott Co currently is. Still 1-3 before they split just double checked. Good Luck

Really the bigger question to me is why isn't Great Crossing any better have nearly 2000 students and I think have won only 1 game in 2 years- I guess it takes time, but it sure didn't in FD case think they only lost 1 game in there 2nd year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Iam4thecats
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t great crossing just freshman/sophomores?
(09-30-2020, 08:49 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t great crossing just freshman/sophomores?
No according to their roster they have 27 juniors and 10 seniors.