Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 9/18 Open Date
It looks like Ashland will be going two straight weeks without a game. Our week one game against Greenup was canceled because of Covid and we don’t have a game scheduled for this Friday. I was just told by someone very close to the program that we had a game with Johnson Central scheduled but Coach Love didn’t want to play those guys. I’m beyond pissed at this decision. Our AD Mr. Conway wanted to play as well as our assistant coaches but Coach Love stepped in out of fear and said no. 2020 has been a disaster for many and so many people joined the let them play movement and our boys are being deprived of a game because Coach Tony Beshear is afraid of Johnson Central. Supposedly a multi year series and $15,000 was offered total over those years. 

Does Coach Love remember the waxing at Belfry in the playoffs last year? We will never be ready for Belfry by playing the teams we are playing and this year our schedule is even worse. Our district isn’t very good and you could combine Bourbon and Raceland and they still wouldn’t stand a chance against Belfry. The Spring Valley game probably won’t be played either. Put your fear aside Coach and let our kids play! I miss the days of Herb Conley and Leon Hart when we were afraid of no team and wanted to compete and make our team better!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomcat Pride's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
I'm sure one phone call, text, tweet, FaceTime or postcard from Tony L. to Matney would solve this issue.

JC needs a game for this week.... there's not another team on the planet that can better prepare you for Belfry than JC.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
No doubt. I can't imagine why they would not want to have a game with us instead of no game at all. It would pay dividends for them when they go against Belfry.
Agreed 99%. I think with Ashland having not been able to practice for the last 13 days plays into Loves decision not too throw 4 new O-Line starters and a new QB against JC. Ashland returns 9 starters on D and would be great preparation for Belfry. As a fan I’d love too play the game though. Ashland’s schedule outside of Raceland and Russell is a joke. Spring Valley game probably won’t happen and no Wheelersburg, Ironton, George Washington games stings too.
(09-14-2020, 03:40 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Agreed 99%. I think with Ashland having not been able to practice for the last 13 days plays into Loves decision not too throw 4 new  O-Line starters and a new QB against JC. Ashland returns 9 starters on D and would be great preparation for Belfry. As a fan I’d love too play the game though. Ashland’s schedule outside of Raceland and Russell is a joke. Spring Valley game probably won’t happen and no Wheelersburg, Ironton, George Washington games stings too.

Johnson Central has two new starters on the offensive line and they're breaking in a new starter at quarterback as well. JC is also replacing their entire offensive backfield. Johnson Central returns 4 starters on offense and 6 on defense. I'm kind of shocked that this game isn't being played especially since Ashland had to cancel their week one game. Why would Coach Love be comfortable with playing Spring Valley this week but not Johnson Central? There's not much difference between Spring Valley and Johnson Central in my opinion. This would be a an awesome game to see for both fan bases.
As always:

Cluck!! Cluck!! Cluck!!
(09-14-2020, 04:47 PM)Coach Booth Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 03:40 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Agreed 99%. I think with Ashland having not been able to practice for the last 13 days plays into Loves decision not too throw 4 new  O-Line starters and a new QB against JC. Ashland returns 9 starters on D and would be great preparation for Belfry. As a fan I’d love too play the game though. Ashland’s schedule outside of Raceland and Russell is a joke. Spring Valley game probably won’t happen and no Wheelersburg, Ironton, George Washington games stings too.

Johnson Central has two new starters on the offensive line and they're breaking in a new starter at quarterback as well. JC is also replacing their entire offensive backfield. Johnson Central returns 4 starters on offense and 6 on defense. I'm kind of shocked that this game isn't being played especially since Ashland had to cancel their week one game. Why would Coach Love be comfortable with playing Spring Valley this week but not Johnson Central? There's not much difference between Spring Valley and Johnson Central in my opinion. This would be a an awesome game to see for both fan bases.

I understand your frustration. Don’t know what I’d have to look forward to if no football on Log Mountain. But rest assured Johnson Central is not a team you want to take on with essentially no preparation before hand. I just seen our boys work their tails off for 8 weeks preparing for those guys and it did not go in our favor. I knew our offense would struggle after losing several great athletes and 3 outstanding lineman. But our D returned 8 starters from last year and it was everything we could do to keep them out of the end zone. Not sure where you get your info but our staff had JC returning 8 starters on defense as well. They returned their star offensive tackle, who is every bit as advertised, a great tight end, and Preston in the backfield who was last years state finals MVP. Johnson Central is not someone you can downplay in the slightest. Anyways hope your Cats get to play soon those kids deserve it.
After all those years of battling with Ashland its weird to not see them listed on the schedule the last couple of years. I would have loved to see this series continue between them and JC.

I can understand not wanting to start your season against JC with an inexperienced team with little preparation time, but with this short season you need to get all the snaps you can get before the playoffs start. If Ashland wants to raise their level to being a contender in 3A they need to not run from these types of games. Two of their main rivals in 3A (in Belfry and Bell Co.) are both playing JC and thats going to really help them prepare.
I was so hoping we could get a game this Friday. Oh well, I guess on to Simon Kenton next Friday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Pulp Fiction
I think that it is time from Ashland Paul Blazer to change their team names from Tomcats to 'fraidy Cats. They should have changed the name when they refused to play district opponent Rose Hill's basketball team when O. J. Mayo played there. I am sure that the problem in Ashland is located somewhere in the district's administration. It is a shame that the staff and players must suffer from the cowardice of Ashland's administrators.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Pulp Fiction
(09-16-2020, 01:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I think that it is time from Ashland Paul Blazer to change their team names from Tomcats to 'fraidy Cats. They should have changed the name when they refused to play district opponent Rose Hill's basketball team when O. J. Mayo played there. I am sure that the problem in Ashland is located somewhere in the district's administration. It is a shame that the staff and players must suffer from the cowardice of Ashland's administrators.
Don't forget when they forfeited a Middle School playoff game against Belfry because they were too big and scary.
For the record, I have no ill will towards the Ashland student body or staff. Matter of fact, I have met some great people that are Tomcat fans.

My beef with Ashland is the way they acted for years and years and years, like they were the Notre Dame of Kentucky high school football.... they would beat some teams 50-0 year in and year out just because they could, they acted like they were so much better than everybody else and their opponents should be thanking them for even letting other teams step on the same field as them. Ashland had some success on the gridiron, but that was before the Clinton presidential administration.... let's be real, Ashland hasn't mattered for over thirty years now. Sure they've won some games from 1991 through present day... they even beat my JC team a few times, but Vic Marsh isn't on the sidelines and Juan Thomas isn't on the roster anymore.

For a point of reference.... the last time Ashland mattered was 1990.
The #1 song on the Billboard Top 100 list was "Hold On" by Wilson-Phillips
The #1 movie was Ghost.
The #1 TV show was Cheers.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Old guy