Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New QB at Boyle Co
Hound05 Wrote:Anytime anyone transfers the first thing people yell is “recruiting!” Don’t matter if they moved, new job for parents, etc. they’ll still say it. Did haddix encourage him to come? Probably. Did he do that at corbin. Yep. But if he did or didn’t really doesn’t matter, especially to me. I’ve said it time and time again, I’m all for these kids going to wherever they have the highest chance of success in their minds. Plus, unless someone has proof that someone is actively recruiting, then it doesn’t matter anyways right? It happens at most top schools. They’ll never stop it, and they shouldn’t IMO. If we are for these kids why not give them the best chance to succeed

haven’t seen you post since you deleted a thread you looked dumb on glad you’re back at it

corbins not skipped a beat taking kids from knox north whitley and lynn camp

hope the kid for boyle can play
Hound05 Wrote:Anytime anyone transfers the first thing people yell is “recruiting!” Don’t matter if they moved, new job for parents, etc. they’ll still say it. Did haddix encourage him to come? Probably. Did he do that at corbin. Yep. But if he did or didn’t really doesn’t matter, especially to me. I’ve said it time and time again, I’m all for these kids going to wherever they have the highest chance of success in their minds. Plus, unless someone has proof that someone is actively recruiting, then it doesn’t matter anyways right? It happens at most top schools. They’ll never stop it, and they shouldn’t IMO. If we are for these kids why not give them the best chance to succeed

Haddix had zero to do with the kid going to Boyle.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Haddix had zero to do with the kid going to Boyle.

I agree this kid was coming to Boyle before they hired Haddix.
I have said it before and will say it again, people have no idea how little "recruiting" actually happens in the sense of what it is perceived to be.

Most transfers, probably 90% plus, have more to do with parents making a decision that they feel is best for their child and either their playing time or their chances of getting a scholarship, and far less about coaching staffs actively trying to get a player to come.

The most prominent form of recruiting are other parents who want to stack a deck around their kid rather than coaches. You are much more apt to see the parents communicating than a coach to the other parent.

I am not saying there are not coaches out there communicating with kids or using boosters to help pave the way logistically... but it doesn't happen nearly as much as people want to believe when their team is not the one benefitting.
Gospel
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have said it before and will say it again, people have no idea how little "recruiting" actually happens in the sense of what it is perceived to be.

Most transfers, probably 90% plus, have more to do with parents making a decision that they feel is best for their child and either their playing time or their chances of getting a scholarship, and far less about coaching staffs actively trying to get a player to come.

The most prominent form of recruiting are other parents who want to stack a deck around their kid rather than coaches. You are much more apt to see the parents communicating than a coach to the other parent.

I am not saying there are not coaches out there communicating with kids or using boosters to help pave the way logistically... but it doesn't happen nearly as much as people want to believe when their team is not the one benefitting.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have said it before and will say it again, people have no idea how little "recruiting" actually happens in the sense of what it is perceived to be.

To add to that, most of the type of recruiting you have mentioned occurs at the middle school level.
RoShamBo Wrote:To add to that, most of the type of recruiting you have mentioned occurs at the middle school level.

Great and 100% correct point!

My nephew asked me to start up an AAU basketball team this past Winter. He was in 7th Grade. I had 10 small private school kids who were doing this not for any of the reasons most kids do travel/AAU... this was solely about getting individual development none of the kids ever had really gotten before and about playing a much different level of competition than they were used to playing in the same league of like schools.

Me and the parents just had to laugh at how quickly different sharks began circling the second they saw the fresh meat these kids were. We don't even know how they found some of the info out, but we had parents getting social media messages out of the blue. Could only imagine how much crazier it would have been if COVID didn't shut things down so early.
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:haven’t seen you post since you deleted a thread you looked dumb on glad you’re back at it

corbins not skipped a beat taking kids from knox north whitley and lynn camp

hope the kid for boyle can play

Uhhhh? Never left? Never deleted a thread either? But nice try
Hound05 Wrote:Uhhhh? Never left? Never deleted a thread either? But nice try

where’d the thread go once you looked dumb for questioning the validity of what I said and your coaches for accusing someone of cheating a helmet tournament ..? i will hang up and listen
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Haddix had zero to do with the kid going to Boyle.

Even so he will enjoy playing QB for Haddix, it’s like swinging for a home run on every play.
Did Boyle not have a Qb in waiting? The transfer is a good looking kid that is a good athlete in 2 sports.
olreb Wrote:Did Boyle not have a Qb in waiting? The transfer is a good looking kid that is a good athlete in 2 sports.

There is not a qb in waiting with Haddix, whoever and however he thinks will benefit the team will play!!!
Can he count to 100?
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:where’d the thread go once you looked dumb for questioning the validity of what I said and your coaches for accusing someone of cheating a helmet tournament ..? i will hang up and listen

The way I understand it posters cannot remove threads and only have a few minutes to edit their posts, if a thread was removed it was most likely by a mod
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Can he count to 100?

Haddix? With the money that’s coming into that house I’d bet he can count into the thousands
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Can he count to 100?

Well played. Well played. :Thumbs:
TD Hounds Wrote:The way I understand it posters cannot remove threads and only have a few minutes to edit their posts, if a thread was removed it was most likely by a mod

I can’t delete a thread. Some people have their “own” perception of reality. Stick around and you’ll see what I mean. I guess he thinks he is important enough for me to remember the garbage he rambles on about? Hah. But back to the topic. How’s haddix fitting in up there?
Hound05 Wrote:I can’t delete a thread. Some people have their “own” perception of reality. Stick around and you’ll see what I mean. I guess he thinks he is important enough for me to remember the garbage he rambles on about? Hah. But back to the topic. How’s haddix fitting in up there?

Nicely it would seem.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Nicely it would seem.

I sincerely hope so Jack and I wish Coach Haddix and the Rebels the best of luck except for one game.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Nicely it would seem.

Well good! and I mean that. I never had any ill will for him leaving. Most coaching changes are like HS relationship break ups. BAD. But it never left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm happy for him, if he's happy. I didn't agree with him allegedly telling kids he wasn't going anywhere when he knew he was. Or tying to bring kids with him. But a majority of coaches would do the later, so I accept it. I don't know how politics play out up there, if at all, but Haddix won't stand for it. And that's good for the kids and program. I honestly don't expect him to do a whole lot this year, but I've seen stranger things play out. Boyle just lost too much talent. But one thing about it, Haddix can generate some offense with whatever he has available so that alone could make them dangerous. But he'll have a hard road ahead this year. 4a is very top heavy.
Hound05 Wrote:Well good! and I mean that. I never had any ill will for him leaving. Most coaching changes are like HS relationship break ups. BAD. But it never left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm happy for him, if he's happy. I didn't agree with him allegedly telling kids he wasn't going anywhere when he knew he was. Or tying to bring kids with him. But a majority of coaches would do the later, so I accept it. I don't know how politics play out up there, if at all, but Haddix won't stand for it. And that's good for the kids and program. I honestly don't expect him to do a whole lot this year, but I've seen stranger things play out. Boyle just lost too much talent. But one thing about it, Haddix can generate some offense with whatever he has available so that alone could make them dangerous. But he'll have a hard road ahead this year. 4a is very top heavy.

Boyle did lose a lot of talent, but they have a tremendously talented group returning not counting a very good transfer. They return 12 starters plus several other kids that saw lots of playing time. I wonder which 4A teams you are ranking ahead of them.
Johnson central. Corbin. Wayne co. IMO opinion. After that maybe central. They are always a wildcard. After that i honesty don’t know until I see them play.

They probably do have some good talent I’m not denying that. I’m just saying you don’t lose a group of talent like those seniors have and not take a step back. It might be a short step but...... plus with the groups coming up in the programs mentioned above and Boyle, I’m very familiar with. So like I said originally, it will be a tough road for Boyle to get back where they were the past year or two. That’s not a shot. I don’t have any ill will towards their program or 99.999% of their fans. I have no vested interest in their program so it’s just my honest opinion. Good luck though
I just hope we can have football this fall. I think the KHSAA board meets later this week so maybe we will have a little better idea. I think the teams you mentioned along with Boyle will all have to be reckoned with. Johnson Central will probably be preseason #1 with Boyle , Central and Corbin 2,3 and4. I see Wayne somewhere in the top 7.
The KHSAA has approved Gillis’ transfer.  All clear and ready to play, if we have a season.  If we do, I feel some may be surprised.