Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Webb...
Former UK Baseball player and Ashland native Brandon Webb tossed his 3rd straight shutout tonight against Atlanta. He has now went 42 straight innings without allowing any runs.

He's the first to throw 40 consecutive scoreless innings since Hershiser did it...

I just thought I'd throw this out there in case nobody has heard because this is pretty amazing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Webb is just flat out dominating the pitching world. Ive never seen anyone pitch as great as he is right now. I just hope that I dont jinx him with this post. Its awesome to see a Kentucky boy dominating like he is, although tonights shut out was against my team, its still great.
Can you say Cy Young?
If he throws shutouts in his next 2 games, it will break the record with a total of 60 scoreless innings.

Go Brandon, make Kentucky proud! :Thumbs:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brandon Webb is putting together a pretty amazing season. If only the Reds could have got him. He could see his family more often and drive from Ashland to the ballpark. I actually think I read something once that stated that he wanted to be a Red since he was a kid! At least he got to pitch for one of my teams, UK.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Brandon Webb is putting together a pretty amazing season. If only the Reds could have got him. He could see his family more often and drive from Ashland to the ballpark. I actually think I read something once that stated that he wanted to be a Red since he was a kid! At least he got to pitch for one of my teams, UK.

He's a pitcher. What would the Reds want with him! lolSmile
he's the most underrated pitcher in baseball, if not the most underrated player..he's got some nasty stuff too...man he'd look good in a Pirates uniform, lol..
I bet every team that had a chance to draft him and decided not to is kicking themselves right now. Sure wish the Reds had him...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:he's the most underrated pitcher in baseball, if not the most underrated player..he's got some nasty stuff too...man he'd look good in a Pirates uniform, lol..
Brandon Webb is an amazing pitcher, and I am a big fan of his, but I don't think he is underrated by any means. I mean, he DID win the Cy Young last year. I don't see any way for him to not catch Orel's record. But as far as underrated pitching goes, I say it's Aaron Harang, but that's another thread (one which I have started.....haha)
yeah he won the Cy Young last year, but normally, you dont hear his name mentioned as one of the big wigs in MLB...thats what I meant...I agree 100% with you about Harang though..
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Brandon Webb is an amazing pitcher, and I am a big fan of his, but I don't think he is underrated by any means. I mean, he DID win the Cy Young last year. I don't see any way for him to not catch Orel's record. But as far as underrated pitching goes, I say it's Aaron Harang, but that's another thread (one which I have started.....haha)
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Brandon Webb is an amazing pitcher, and I am a big fan of his, but I don't think he is underrated by any means. I mean, he DID win the Cy Young last year. I don't see any way for him to not catch Orel's record. But as far as underrated pitching goes, I say it's Aaron Harang, but that's another thread (one which I have started.....haha)
I agree here
It is great to see someone not only from the University of Kentucky, but someone who grew up in this state, succeed at the professional level (regardless of sport). Webb has become one of the league's most dominating pitchers, hands down. He has a great cutter, with a slider that isn't too bad either.
Great to see a Kentucky boy playing the way he is right now, but no matter what he does if he breaks it or not he has already made Kentucky proud.