Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrimmage Results for 8/17
Betsy Layne 4 Ervinton 3

Jenkins 4 Magoffin 0

Betsy Layne 4 Magoffin 2

Didn't stay for all of last game Jenkins vs Ervinton
Jenkins actually won 5-0 but a clipping call 30 yards from the play against Magoffin County. Jenkins ended up beating Ervinton 2-1 in a 2 series a piece scrimmage. Ervinton scored on the last play of the last series. Jenkins looked very impressive tonight, and still didn't show anything on offense. There defense is unreal and all 11 players will hit you in the mouth every play! Just really impressed with the BIG GREEN so far. But now the season starts and will see "THE REAL" teams and conditions and obstacles. Best of Luck to everyone! GO CAVS!
Betsy Layne looked good tonight. Coach Red and staff have worked on improving this program for sure.

Playboy I have to say your boys will have a good season ahead if they play like this all year.
Jenkins looked great, I think they will be real tough. But now the preseason is over, it is time for the real season to start. Good Luck to all TEAMS!!!!
Sure appreciate all of the postive notes and comments guys/gals. I must say that the boys of Green have worked there tails off all year long. Just wish we had some depth. We dressed 26 last night and could only play around 16 due to boys not having 10 days in yet. But they believe in the system and have preached the saying that to be a great football team you have to "I HATE LOSING MORE THAN I LIKE WINNING" mentality and they do now and understand the meaning of it! I do believe that Betsy Layne and Magoffin and Ervinton will have success this year! Coach Parsons and McCoy looks to be doing great things with there programs! Best of luck this season!
TOUCHDOWN Wrote:Betsy Layne looked good tonight. Coach Red and staff have worked on improving this program for sure.

Playboy I have to say your boys will have a good season ahead if they play like this all year.
Bl's running game did look good but they really need to work on timing and dropped passes. best of luck to you all
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Jenkins actually won 5-0 but a clipping call 30 yards from the play against Magoffin County. Jenkins ended up beating Ervinton 2-1 in a 2 series a piece scrimmage. Ervinton scored on the last play of the last series. Jenkins looked very impressive tonight, and still didn't show anything on offense. There defense is unreal and all 11 players will hit you in the mouth every play! Just really impressed with the BIG GREEN so far. But now the season starts and will see "THE REAL" teams and conditions and obstacles. Best of Luck to everyone! GO CAVS!
I agree here
bl did play good last night and i happened 2 notice that they played magofin county with a back up qb...brennan case didnt play at all the magofin game...imo the bobcats have improved 100% from last year and from the looks of it aint layin down 4 no one..good luck bobcats...
How is Case's ankle?
from last night what i can tell he was on the sideline walkin alot so it must be not 2 bad but with a light sprain and season starts next week dont want 2 take no chances with getting it hurt even worse..
Paintsville beat Jackson Co. 36-0
Aye Playboy, How is Puckett looking so far??
Johnson Central beat Leslie County 60-14, maybe even by more I lost track of the score.
Brennan's ankle is fine, I believe Coach Parsons just didnt want him to tweek it before the prestonsburg game next week.
doesnt have anything to do with your post, but your avatar rules, lol..Big Grin
PittFan Wrote:Brennan's ankle is fine, I believe Coach Parsons just didnt want him to tweek it before the prestonsburg game next week.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Jenkins actually won 5-0 but a clipping call 30 yards from the play against Magoffin County. Jenkins ended up beating Ervinton 2-1 in a 2 series a piece scrimmage. Ervinton scored on the last play of the last series. Jenkins looked very impressive tonight, and still didn't show anything on offense. There defense is unreal and all 11 players will hit you in the mouth every play! Just really impressed with the BIG GREEN so far. But now the season starts and will see "THE REAL" teams and conditions and obstacles. Best of Luck to everyone! GO CAVS!

4-0
BL looked good in their passing game. The Maldinado kid impressed me a lot. He dropped a few early in the first game, imo because he got a little shaken up by the Ervinton Line Backer, but caught a lot later on. Jenkins looked really nice, played the best out of the 4 teams that played Friday. #28 looked really impressive on both sides of the ball for Jenkins.
yea the ervington linebacker did lay 2 pretty good licks on the wr's the first couple of plays
i heard johnson central scored 40 or more in the first quarter