Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 76 Bell County 73
Rough week for Bobcats both their ex coaches beat them. Congratulations to Coach Napier and very proud of Caleb.
Congrats to Williamsburg and all the seniors, Caleb Rose came up with some big plays...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheColonel Wrote:Rough week for Bobcats both their ex coaches beat them. Congratulations to Coach Napier and very proud of Caleb.

Not as bad as it seems, Bell had two starters out last night. Down two starters on the road playing back to back nights I’d say they did ok even if they lost.
Seems like a rough season for Bell. Record is as bad as I can recall in recent years!
We went from coming around at Christmas to coming around in January and now coming around in a couple years. Have a hard time seeing us coming around at all.
Bell has 15 losses and have lost by an AVERAGE of less than 6 points in each of those fifteen games. If you take away the very first game of the year, they have lost by less than 5 points per game.

14 of the 15 losses were by 10 points or less.

12 of the 15 losses were by 6 points or less.

9 of the 15 losses were by 5 points or less.

6 of the 15 losses were by 4 points or less.

4 of the 15 losses were by 3 points or less.

It’s been a tough season for Bell and a loss is a loss but I bet you won’t find a team in the state that has 12 losses that were by just 6 points or less. You can have your opinion on why/how they’ve lost 15 games up to this point but I WOULD NOT want to play Bell come tournament time.
There's a ton of dangerous teams in the 13th that may not have great records. Any of the teams in the 52nd are capable of beating anyone in the region on a given night. Williamsburg or Corbin could give one of the favorites fits in a first round game at the regional. Should be a fun week at the Arena coming up.
Bell only has 4 upperclassmen on this roster and have been on the verge all year. People that want to hate in my opinion likely have a grip with Brad because he wasn’t their choice or they have a beef with his in-laws. But to bash on the young team that’s playing their guts out is ridiculous.
I remember brad having a similar year his first year at north. some frustrating close loses and i think a 16-14 record. ended up at rupp. I dont think anybody gonna over look bell this year
If Bell has to play Middlesboro first round of district they will not be in region to make a run.
NextGeneration Wrote:If Bell has to play Middlesboro first round of district they will not be in region to make a run.

They play Harlan County first, but that said they beat Middlesboro on the road and lost at home in overtime on a night where free throw shooting was horrible. I don't know how anyone can look at it and say they couldn't beat Middlesboro. The district is wide open any combination of the four as champion and runner-up shouldn't surprise anyone.
fridaynightfights Wrote:They play Harlan County first, but that said they beat Middlesboro on the road and lost at home in overtime on a night where free throw shooting was horrible. I don't know how anyone can look at it and say they couldn't beat Middlesboro. The district is wide open any combination of the four as champion and runner-up shouldn't surprise anyone.

Middlesboro up 14 with 4 min to play at home and made some mistakes from the bench that would not happen again. but that isn't happening now so, Bell now gets beat by HC to stay home again from region.
You better worry about beating Harlan city and not so much on who Bell plays I believe y’all lost two out of three to them didn’t you Next Gen
Bell has a dangerous team. We just haven’t gotten over the hump. Sizemore is much better than what we had. At least he isn’t trying to bring all the attention on himself with his antics like the last coach. We are losing to quality teams.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Not as bad as it seems, Bell had two starters out last night. Down two starters on the road playing back to back nights I’d say they did ok even if they lost.

Who were the 2 starters. Top 4 scores played. 22, 23, 24, 2,4 and 35 all played. Number 3 who averages 4 points per game didn’t.
footballfever Wrote:Who were the 2 starters. Top 4 scores played. 22, 23, 24, 2,4 and 35 all played. Number 3 who averages 4 points per game didn’t.

22 played limited minutes in the 2nd half..
Bell is going to be just fine.
ArJay Wrote:Bell has a dangerous team. We just haven’t gotten over the hump. Sizemore is much better than what we had. At least he isn’t trying to bring all the attention on himself with his antics like the last coach. We are losing to quality teams.

I have to agree. Anyone was better than your last coach.