Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zack Moore Has Been Named Greenup County Coach
Zack Moore has been named Greenup County head coach.
What i anticipated from the start. Good coach. Hopefully he can build the program more and more. I inow i talk my crap, but i want to see greenup be competitive. Especially within the area, on a consistent basis. Goos football breeds good football. The more of us around here that are atleast top 10 in our class every year the better.
I would like to know who all interviewed for the job.
Easily the best Xs and Os coach in Greenup County now
Will be interesting to see how long Moore stays and how much he wins.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Will be interesting to see how long Moore stays and how much he wins.

It’ll be about developing kids. He’s the best football coach in the county. But he’s definitely at a talent disadvantage though compared to Raceland and Russell.
KYHSFB Wrote:It’ll be about developing kids. He’s the best football coach in the county. But he’s definitely at a talent disadvantage though compared to Raceland and Russell.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. Greenup is the largest school in the county and there is definitely talent to be found. That is evident in other sports like baseball and basketball. It’s just a matter of getting all of their best athletes to play football.
Good football can be played at Greenup. That was made very clear when Maynard was the coach in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. I played during a time that most Ram fans don’t like to remember when Greenup beat the breaks off of us for 8 years straight. While Greenup is a tough place to win at, success is possible with the right guy leading the ship and a solid backing from the community. That being said, I wish Coach Moore the best of luck and I hope to see some classics between the Muskies and Rams in the near future!
If Greenup goes into the playoffs as anything other than a 4 seed during the next 3 years I would be shocked. If he’s actually the best coach in the county then he should be able to shock me, win some games, and not have an issue getting some kids to come out and join the football program.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Good football can be played at Greenup. That was made very clear when Maynard was the coach in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. I played during a time that most Ram fans don’t like to remember when Greenup beat the breaks off of us for 8 years straight. While Greenup is a tough place to win at, success is possible with the right guy leading the ship and a solid backing from the community. That being said, I wish Coach Moore the best of luck and I hope to see some classics between the Muskies and Rams in the near future!

A lot of the best football talent in the Greenup school district wears maroon or orange. So getting them in the school will be a big part of it too
KYHSFB Wrote:A lot of the best football talent in the Greenup school district wears maroon or orange. So getting them in the school will be a big part of it too

I think that is an issue that has more to do with the school district itself than sports which is out of the scope of the current discussion.

I will say this though. It is hard to blame kids that have left if football was a primary motivator. People want to be at places that give them the best chance to win and unfortunately for Greenup, they haven’t provided football players with a stable environment to do that. That being said, I sincerely hope their program becomes competitive and respected by other schools.