Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 53 Western Hills 43
Final from Irvine.
Benton had 37
Big win for Estill. Joe Benton is as awesome 37 points 14 rebounds POY
There is no one in this region that can lock down Benton for 4 Quarters. Kid has a complete bag of tricks. If you get up in him, he will drive and look to score, of the defense collapses, he will kick to the open man. If you lay off of him, he beat you with the jumper that is so pure. He rebound the ball at a high level for a guard. Gets after it on the defensive end with his long arms in the passing lanes. The most complete player in 14th this year IMO.

Monster game last night with 37 and 14.

If this kid doesn't win Region POY, something is wrong.
jumpshooter Wrote:There is no one in this region that can lock down Benton for 4 Quarters. Kid has a complete bag of tricks. If you get up in him, he will drive and look to score, of the defense collapses, he will kick to the open man. If you lay off of him, he beat you with the jumper that is so pure. He rebound the ball at a high level for a guard. Gets after it on the defensive end with his long arms in the passing lanes. The most complete player in 14th this year IMO.

Monster game last night with 37 and 14.

If this kid doesn't win Region POY, something is wrong.
And makes it look so effortless when he does it. Has to be considered when talking about best engineer ever.
Wow. Benton goes for 37 on 88% from the field. 11 of 11 on 2 pointers,4 of 6 from deep. That's what's impressive, that he done this on 17 shots and a few free throws. Good to see him playing at this level at this point in the year. Hopeful that his supporting cast will find their scoring as well. If so, could be an interesting post season.
# clear the tracks
EarnhardtFan69 Wrote:And makes it look so effortless when he does it. Has to be considered when talking about best engineer ever.

Don't get me wrong, The kid is great, but I may pump he breaks a little bit here. Is he top 10? For sure. I wouldn't put him in the convo for the best ever yet. I have seen a lot of Engineer basketball over the years. Now, if he goes and makes a 14th Region tournament run and wins the thing he probably moves into my top 5 of all time. There have been a lot of very good players come out of Estill. I remember the first year Estill was in the 14th in 2006, they had (at the point when they all graduated) 4 of the top 6 scorers in program history in the same starting lineup. All of which ended up scoring well over 1,000 points.
Who would you pick for top 5 all time?