Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 67 Pikeville 42
Wildcats bounce back after losing to Paintsville in the All “A” region final.

Congrats SV!
Has Pikeville still got players hurt ?
basketball101 Wrote:Has Pikeville still got players hurt ?

Yes starting back court is out for season. Lockhart has only played in one game and he broke his leg. Hall is out with a torn ACL and Meniscus. Also heard that Sammons went down again last night and has a Concussion. Sounds like the Panthers are a Mash unit the rest of the way.
The panthers have multiple starters out. They have had some key players out and it’s tough, but hey they have a lot of YOUNG talent and these guys are gonna get the opportunity to step up. Will be interesting to see who answers the call.
This was a strange game. Pikeville did a great job playing defense on Cody Potter. They kept a man on him at all times, and sent a double team every time he got the ball in his hands. He seemed frustrated, and forced a few poor shots from deep. He did end up with 17 points, but 11 of that was from the free throw line.

The main beneficiary of all that attention to Potter was Kaden Robinson. He ended up taking 17 shots (12 from three), in addition to 10 free throws, scoring 27 in the process. Sykes scored 13 on 10 shot attempts.

I'm not sure how Sammons got injured. There was a loose ball scrum on the floor, with a foul called on the SV player. Then everyone noticed the Pikeville player sitting on the floor on the other side of the court, away from the ball. Not sure if he butted heads with someone or got knocked down. Hopefully he is ok.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Also in this game Pikeville just couldn’t get any offense going. The shots and effort were there but they turned it over and shots just were not going in. SV swept Pikeville in the regular season, but I know the panthers aren’t done yet. When they get reps with the new starters they will be a tough out in the district championship especially were SV has beaten them multiple times.
It won’t let me start a new thread, so I’m putting the comment here. On Twitter, it’s been brought up that Elisha Justices’ Mr. Basketball picture has been removed from the Shelby Valley HS trophy case. Is this true and if so, why?
PHSForever Wrote:It won’t let me start a new thread, so I’m putting the comment here. On Twitter, it’s been brought up that Elisha Justices’ Mr. Basketball picture has been removed from the Shelby Valley HS trophy case. Is this true and if so, why?

You know not!! Surely this isn’t true.
BoondockSaint Wrote:You know not!! Surely this isn’t true.

All I said was what I saw on Twitter and asked if it were true. I’ve not been over to SV in over a year. So I’ve not seen it for myself
PHSForever Wrote:It won’t let me start a new thread, so I’m putting the comment here. On Twitter, it’s been brought up that Elisha Justices’ Mr. Basketball picture has been removed from the Shelby Valley HS trophy case. Is this true and if so, why?

No idea, I don't walk down by the trophy case when I go to a game. I do know that the banner commemorating his Mr. Basketball is still hanging in the gym, right next to Todd May's.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If they took it down for the game that’s kinda awesome lol. If they took it down in general it’s petty. I want them to go at each other’s throat when they play he’s your rival, but any other time respect one of the greatest basketball players in East Ky history because he earned it
I can't wait to see potter at our place next week. He's dynamite.
Mingo Wrote:I can't wait to see potter at our place next week. He's dynamite.

Better have someone that is equally as talented to offset him because he is a Special Scorer!! If Paintsville didn’t have Fuget I’m not sure they could have prevailed. I’ve seen teams hold him to really low scoring games but it takes Double and sometimes some triple teams, which leaves their other guys open who are more than capable of hurting you as well. They are a very good team. To beat SV You also need to be a VERY physical team!
Mingo Wrote:I can't wait to see potter at our place next week. He's dynamite.

You also better have someone to match Keyon Warrix (sorry if I butchered the spelling) speed. That kid is quicker than a hiccup. He can drive from the half court line to the goal in the blink of an eye. Very impressive.

Another kid who doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves is Grayson Harris. I've watched Pikeville play several times and at any given time Harris has taken over the game and scored at will. He has a great shot both inside and behind the arch.