Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Classic Future?
Couple of great matchups at the 2A Classic boy’s semifinals and there doesn’t appear to be 500 people in the building. Will this event make it long-term?

Is it a general lack of interest in the event or is the problem having the tournament in Owensboro? That’s not an easy trip for much of the state.

It doesn’t seem like there’s nearly the interest at the local level. Bigger crowds at the All A regionals that I’ve noticed than the 2A sectionals.

Just curious if the event catches on like the All A or goes away after a few years.
There was pretty good crowds at the regional tournament in the 15th it looked like
I would love to see Kentucky go to a classic state tournament..1A, 2A, 3A, 4A..and then take the winners of each class and have a over all state tournament still held at RUPP..most other states do this already without the last part I threw it in..I was just trying to keep a tradition going but give all schools no matter their class a fighting chance
I don't like the idea myself. I know knox had to beat corbin to make it to the final eight teams???? Isn't knox a 4A school in football. I don't understand that and Corbin is way down this year so doesn't seem like much of a challenge to make it deep into the tournament. I think one reason is alot of teams don't participate.
Need to have 2A TOURNAMENT AT MOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY.
MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:I would love to see Kentucky go to a classic state tournament..1A, 2A, 3A, 4A..and then take the winners of each class and have a over all state tournament still held at RUPP..most other states do this already without the last part I threw it in..I was just trying to keep a tradition going but give all schools no matter their class a fighting chance

Someone comes up with this idea every year. Everyone already has a fighting chance, plus you don't have classes and then have them play at the end. The tournament is fine the way it is now. I don't really see a 2A tournament catching on though. I think the All "A" Classic was a good idea, but that's enough class basketball. Those teams have a chance to compete in the All A and the tourney at the end. The 2A teams (really 3A and 4A in football) are big enough not to need a separate tourney.
The truth is nobody went to the 2 A
I would say Belfry went in the hole , after they paid officials.
2A tournament is not a good idea. Not interested in outcome. When you have schools as big some in Class A we have the purpose covered. Shut it down.
It’s new! Will take some time to get it built up. Maybe a change of venue would help. But I like seeing smaller schools get a chance at a State Championship. I love the Sweet 16. Go every year. But it’s hard for small, public school to win.
2 A tournament has mostley 3 A schools playing
roundballer Wrote:It’s new! Will take some time to get it built up. Maybe a change of venue would help. But I like seeing smaller schools get a chance at a State Championship. I love the Sweet 16. Go every year. But it’s hard for small, public school to win.

Small school? Those that participated in this tournament are hardly small schools. Keep this up and it is a door for classification of Basketball. That is the one thing that makes this state unique. Stop the 2A tournament.
basketball101 Wrote:2 A tournament has mostley 3 A schools playing

The Class A tournament had some 3A schools in it.
It has NOTHING to do with the football class system anymore. People just confuse themselves by comparing. There are only 32 Class A football schools in the state now. There is no way a tournament that small (even with adding non-football schools) could survive. The All A Classic includes the smallest 120 schools in the state, if I remember correctly, so that's A and 2A and maybe a few 3A in football.
Lol I just didn’t like it
Rumor has it that they are looking to possibly rotate the location every 2 years to different sites.
HCS Wrote:It has NOTHING to do with the football class system anymore. People just confuse themselves by comparing. There are only 32 Class A football schools in the state now. There is no way a tournament that small (even with adding non-football schools) could survive. The All A Classic includes the smallest 120 schools in the state, if I remember correctly, so that's A and 2A and maybe a few 3A in football.

Yes, It includes some 3a schools for football too. Caldwell county is a strong 3a school and was in the finals against UHA Saturday night.