Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 83, Lawrence County 76
Good win at home this evening for the Golden Eagles.
This is a different JC team than I’m used to seeing - not as much size and post strength as is typical.
But May and King still manage to get it done despite not having an enormous height advantage. King is an ATHLETE.
Tyler Maynard, Trenton Adkins, and Cody Maynard played well for the Bulldogs. They just seemed a little off as a team.
Central did enough defensively and was able to hit FTs to close it out.
Anybody got stats?
JC is missing an "Enforcer".... we can sore points with anybody, but Lawrence Co. had several offensive rebounds & easy put-backs.
JC has excellent guards and forwards, but, IMO, the missing piece is an Enforcer!!!

[Image: https://media.proprofs.com/images/QM/use...106254.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC is missing an "Enforcer".... we can sore points with anybody, but Lawrence Co. had several offensive rebounds & easy put-backs.
JC has excellent guards and forwards, but, IMO, the missing piece is an Enforcer!!!

[Image: https://media.proprofs.com/images/QM/use...106254.jpg]

Lawrence County had 4 offensive rebounds and Central had 11. Lawrence had 25 total rebounds and Central had 38. Looks like rebounding or lack of was not a problem.
THOMCAT Wrote:Lawrence County had 4 offensive rebounds and Central had 11. Lawrence had 25 total rebounds and Central had 38. Looks like rebounding or lack of was not a problem.

Ok, I admit you got me on the rebounding part :flame:

But I do stand firm on having a Truman Salyer or Patrick Rice type of enforcer is the missing piece.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I agree wholly on the lack of an enforcer. Same thing LC lacks, honestly. And to a greater degree because LC doesn’t have the same level of physicality as JC or Paintsville.
They do have some nice players though.