Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 58 Owsley County 52
Final from Wolfe County. Lady Wolves advance and will play Hazard in round 2.
Great win for Wolfe County tonight.
I thought they done a great job of taking the things that Owsley wanted to do away from them.
Really hard fought game between 2 really good teams.
This game could have easily been the championship game of the All A.
Wolfe will have their hands full again on Wednesday against Hazard.
Lynch and Smith for Owsley was never really factors in the game. Both might have scored double around 10 points but didn’t impact the game. Wolfe done a really good job of forcing Lynch Right all night and not giving Smith any open looks from 3. Wolfe will have to be able to slow Hazard’s high powered offensive down to win.
It was a really good game I think Wolfe tried to run the clock a little to much I think it would have been 10-12 points if not for that they turned the ball over a few times while running the clock and passed up several good shots but a win is a win so congratulations to the lady wolves
Wolfe has a nice team. I think the factors in the game were they came out and hit 3 straight 3s and went up 9-0 and Coach Brown does a really good job of playing with the lead. He likes to spread the floor and keep the ball in Smith’s hands and she is very good.
Owsley also lost the turnover and rebounding battles. And missed too many layups. But they played hard the entire game. And as was mentioned in another post, Wolfe did a good job defending Owsley’s top scorers.
The teams are pretty even as the final 6 point score indicates. Home court was an advantage too but that’s simply the luck of the draw. More than likely if this game was at Owsley it would be a narrow victory for them.
I like Wolfe’s team. They are defending champions and although they got a bad bracket draw they have what it takes to get back to the winner’s circle again, especially if they knock down 3s like they did tonight. That part of their game surprised me somewhat. Especially impressed with #55 and of course Hailey Smith.
Owsley does have a nice team. I stated in a earlier post. With the right draw these two teams could have been playing for the championship.
They play extremely hard and have some really good players.
Good luck to them the rest of the season.
I thought this game would have been a coin toss. Wolfe did a good job spreading the floor and getting high percentage shots in the second half.
Nice win for Wolf , Brown does a great job with this team
Good win for Wolfe Co, really good scouting & game plan.