Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 31 Central 14
final
This game was closer than I anticipated.
Westside Wrote:This game was closer than I anticipated.

It's about what I thought.

Central had team speed that made it harder for Rebels WR to make plays...and we showed a very vanilla offensive game.

Looking forward to the matchup with JC. They are a great team with a great coach.
Boyle County missed alot of tackles tonight. Louisville Central also converted on a few 3rd and long's to chew some clock limiting Boyle County's opportunities to score. The Rebels had a opportunity to score early on but fumbled in the red zone. The game was 31-14 but Boyle County was undoubtedly in control the whole game even when they were down 0-6.

Lots and lots of respect for Central though because they did come out to play. They smacked Boyle County in the mouth early on and never quit. What a great football club.
Rules Question. Is it now legal to pull a runner ahead for more yardage in the High School game? Central did this on more than one key 3rd or 4th down and it was often the difference in making it or not.
charlesw88 Wrote:Boyle County missed alot of tackles tonight. Louisville Central also converted on a few 3rd and long's to chew some clock limiting Boyle County's opportunities to score. The Rebels had a opportunity to score early on but fumbled in the red zone. The game was 31-14 but Boyle County was undoubtedly in control the whole game even when they were down 0-6.

Lots and lots of respect for Central though because they did come out to play. They smacked Boyle County in the mouth early on and never quit. What a great football club.

The Rebels did miss some tackles but #1 was a great runner and gained the vast majority of his yards on broken plays.

IMO the Rebels did a pretty good job of stoping the run game itself.

It was a good test before JC.
Any news on the QB? Hated to see him go down
Hound05 Wrote:Any news on the QB? Hated to see him go down

His grandfather reported on the Live Stream site that he had a concussion. He also had a sore hand as someone stepped on it in the pile. He was released last night. :Thumbs:
Hound05 Wrote:Any news on the QB? Hated to see him go down

Me too. Really changed the atmosphere of the game.

Late last night Central Football tweeted he'd been released from the hospital.
Westside Wrote:This game was closer than I anticipated.

I was thinking Boyle would get 5 Td’s. They ended up with 4 and a field goal. I thought they would give up a TD and gave up 2. I was very impressed with how hard they played and hit and gave Boyle all they wanted.
Football is all about matchups. Central has speed across the board which neutralized (at times) the Boyle Co advantage they've enjoyed against others.
FoSho Wrote:The Rebels did miss some tackles but #1 was a great runner and gained the vast majority of his yards on broken plays.

IMO the Rebels did a pretty good job of stoping the run game itself.

It was a good test before JC.

Great runner or not, they missed some key tackles. But yes this was a great test!
Hatz Wrote:His grandfather reported on the Live Stream site that he had a concussion. He also had a sore hand as someone stepped on it in the pile. He was released last night. :Thumbs:

Will he be able to play against JC
BobcatForever Wrote:Will he be able to play against JC

It was not the Boyle QB it was the Louisville central qb.
blackandgold4life Wrote:It was not the Boyle QB it was the Louisville central qb.

Thanks blackandgold thought they said it was Boyle's qb:Thumbs: