3. Somerset
4. Owensboro Catholic
5. Breathitt County
6. Beechwood
7. Murray
8. Caldwell County
9. Newport
10. Lloyd Memorial

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Wrong place for this thread.
I’m still trying to find logic in one situation on here. That is how OC constantly is getting ranked above Murray. Murray beat this team in their house last year. Murray lost almost nothing. OC lost a bit. Murray has a really good qb. They had 3players listed I. The top 10 of this area. I think the nod should go to Murray at this point.
mysonis55 Wrote:I’m still trying to find logic in one situation on here. That is how OC constantly is getting ranked above Murray. Murray beat this team in their house last year. Murray lost almost nothing. OC lost a bit. Murray has a really good qb. They had 3players listed I. The top 10 of this area. I think the nod should go to Murray at this point.

Maybe because Murray lost right out of the gate, in their first game, to pretty mediocre Graves County team. That dropped them off of most people's radar. Owensboro Catholic got a couple of wins before they dropped a game to highly ranked Owensboro. They didn't get dinged very much for that loss. I'm guessing that it is more about this year's results than anything that happened last season.
This Owensboro Catholic team is quite a bit more dynamic than they were on offense last year. They have way more weapons and Hartz is playing really well right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how Murray does against Mayfield. I do remember they had a lot of Juniors step up and make plays in that game last year against OC. I think these teams are probably pretty even and you could make a case for either but I think OC has a better loss at the moment. As far as polls go it really doesn't matter if you can't get out of your district in the new format.
I strongly believe that the number 1 team in 2a will be decided next Friday when the bunnies head to Lexington. Ive already got my money on LCA, thats why i have them at number 1. I am guessing that Somerset has dropped from 1-3 because of there loss in Alex Miller and the way they played against Hazard. There seems to be a lot of speculations on how the game really went but as long as these 3 are at the top there shouldn't be too much of an argument. I have LCA ahead of Mayfield because i think LCA lost to a better team (Belfry) than Mayfield (McCracken co). If Somerset hadnt had there rocky game against Hazard i would have kept them at number 1. LCA and somersets only common opponent so far has been Williamsburg. Both teams won by the same amount although LCA didn't let them hang around the entire first half like Somerset did.
1. LCA
2. Somerset
3. Mayfield
4. Owensboro Catholic
5. Beechwood
6. Murray
7. Breathitt County
8. Caldwell County
9. Newport
10. Lloyd Memorial
I would love to see Breathitt play a good team to see what they really have. I know they have the talent but would like to see them play a decent team to see how good these kids really are. Good Luck BHS
Eagle2009 Wrote:I strongly believe that the number 1 team in 2a will be decided next Friday when the bunnies head to Lexington. Ive already got my money on LCA, thats why i have them at number 1. I am guessing that Somerset has dropped from 1-3 because of there loss in Alex Miller and the way they played against Hazard. There seems to be a lot of speculations on how the game really went but as long as these 3 are at the top there shouldn't be too much of an argument. I have LCA ahead of Mayfield because i think LCA lost to a better team (Belfry) than Mayfield (McCracken co). If Somerset hadnt had there rocky game against Hazard i would have kept them at number 1. LCA and somersets only common opponent so far has been Williamsburg. Both teams won by the same amount although LCA didn't let them hang around the entire first half like Somerset did.
1. LCA
2. Somerset
3. Mayfield
4. Owensboro Catholic
5. Beechwood
6. Murray
7. Breathitt County
8. Caldwell County
9. Newport
10. Lloyd Memorial

I agree with most you said. Difference in Williamsburg game was Somerset played at Williamsburg and LCA played at home. Williamsburg is tough at home as anyone who has played there knows. Somerset need another RB to step up and I think they will. Somerset beat LCA twice last year and both have a lot back. Should be a good one.Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
JustThinking Wrote:I agree with most you said. Difference in Williamsburg game was Somerset played at Williamsburg and LCA played at home. Williamsburg is tough at home as anyone who has played there knows. Somerset need another RB to step up and I think they will. Somerset beat LCA twice last year and both have a lot back. Should be a good one.Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
I didn’t consider that. LCA played Williamsburg at home a few years and it was a bit too close for comfort. I still standby my statement tho. LCA has the most speed in 2a and can play some hard nose football. Just trying to put some facts behind my opinions.
Somerset losing a RB should still be fine. They’ve got a strong air attack and a solid OL, so, they should be able to plug in a kid or 2 that can fill that void pretty easily..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Somerset losing a RB should still be fine. They’ve got a strong air attack and a solid OL, so, they should be able to plug in a kid or 2 that can fill that void pretty easily..

They've got 3-4 capable backs. I would think Cam Austin will get the bulk of the workload and he's a very nice back. Where I see it hurting is depth. If Austin needs a break you're looking at a freshman, Jerrod Smith (who is going to be an excellent back), Jase Bruner (who has a physical, bruising style), or Mikey Garland (same as Bruner). I would think that that want to stay away from using Bruner and Garland too much as they are integral to the defense. I have no doubt, however, that given time to gameplan, the coaching staff will adjust to the strengths of these backs.
Why Beechwood is still in the Top 5 is beyond me. I realize they have a great tradition, but, this years version is very average.
I agree I feel any of the top 6 have a chance come playoff