Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 28 Leslie County 27
Final in overtime.

Middlesboro got down 21-6 in the first quarter but rallied back to win in overtime as Leslie attempted a 2 pt conversion to win but came up short.

Middlesboro moves to 5-2 and Leslie drops to 2-3.

What a crazy turnaround year for the Yellow Jackets.
Disappointing loss for my Eagles. Good win for the jackets. Got a lot of things to fix.
Congrats Jackets
Sounds like this was a great game. Congrats to both teams.
Middlesboro has made me eat crow a few times this year. This win really surprised me. Congrats to the Jackets! I am going to learn my lesson picking against you. If you can keep Coach French there you are going to be special in the years to come. Many great young kids on their way. Good luck in your final three games. Hope you get to have a home playoff game.
Great job Jackets.. we keep getting better as the game goes along. Coaches made some great adjustment at half.
Thanks Southwestern for the giving us one of the best in the state.
Congrats Yellow Jackets. Keep up the hard work.
Ouch. I though Leslie was a district contender.
I think Middlesboro might get a home playoff game. Who saw that coming? I am in shocked at how fast French is turning them around!
Congratulations Jackets!!
Clear, blue skies all across the crater today...it’s been a while.
I knew Larry French was an miracle worker, but didn't know he controlled the weather.
Leslie has to get healthy to have any chance of beating Breathitt. Leslie is very young the next three years they should contend.
The transfer Breathitt git is fir real. He is a great back.
I complimented Middlesboro administration with the hire hire of French and expected them to win about 4 games. All I can say is wow, he has exceeded expectations early. I honestly didn’t think it would be possible for him to have them where they are right now, glad I was wrong and even happier for the kids in the program. They will easily have seven wins maybe eight going into playoffs.
The Superintendent is very sports minded. He has made great improvements in basketball and football in a short time. I thought Middlesboro would win maybe 3 or 4 games too. Unbelievable how fast French has turned them around. Their middle school team is undefeated and play mostly sophomores. Middlesboro is going to be special within the next two years. Kudos to the Superintendent and the Athletic Director. I didn’t think Middlesboro could ever recover, but you have proven me wrong. If French wins 8 games he should be given Coach of the Year.
My son played for Middlesboro the last 2 years and I wish he could've played for French. The biggest thing Fench has done is change the attitude of the players, they have a confidence they havent had.
Alot has to do with changing districts and playing a much more manageable schedule for where the program is.
Middlesboro has won 4 games by a combined 5 points this year, where last yr they led 5 games at the half and won 1 of them and other 4 went on to barely lose or get beaten by several touchdowns that's the difference.
I'm not gonna say this is a great team by any means and I really don't think they are as good as their record but they are finding a way to win
I agree that this is a very young team and the Middle School team is for real, if French sticks around and the Middle School team stays together etc etc then Middlesboro could once again become a contender like in years past.
They aren't there yet as I don't think they get past Breathitt but the foundation has been laid for the future.
Basketball made a great hire and has turned it around just gotta keep building.
I have a great amount of respect for Coach French and he continues to prove why he is one of the best coaches in KY.
Coach French and Coach Hayward are both great men. Both are someone you want your son to play for. Never about themselves always about the kids. Some of the winningest HS coaches are all about “look what I have done” not these two. Proud to have them in the mountains.