Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule Question
I got a rule question for officials on here. If a formation has receiver A “covering up” receiver B is receiver B still permitted to run routes?
Receiver B is ineligible. Therefore, not allowed to go down field if the ball is thrown across the line of scrimmage. If it is thrown behind the LOS or if the ball is ran it is a legal play.
I have on, too. If a team blocks a extra point how do you get roughing a kicker
Patriot1 Wrote:I have on, too. If a team blocks a extra point how do you get roughing a kicker

You can still be called for roughing the kicker if a defender, who could have avoided the kicker, runs into them even after blocking the kick. For instance, you can't block the kick, take 2-3 steps and just level the kicker. It's a judgement call and if the contact was made in the act of blocking the kick you won't see it called very often. I've only seen it called twice in my life.
Cardinals ride Wrote:Receiver B is ineligible. Therefore, not allowed to go down field if the ball is thrown across the line of scrimmage. If it is thrown behind the LOS or if the ball is ran it is a legal play.

Why is it the officiating is so bad in Eastern Kentucky. I informed a crew that a team would do this last night. Then after it happened multiple times they proceeded to tell me that he’s allowed to run routes he just can’t catch the ball because he’s a ineligible receiver.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Why is it the officiating is so bad in Eastern Kentucky. I informed a crew that a team would do this last night. Then after it happened multiple times they proceeded to tell me that he’s allowed to run routes he just can’t catch the ball because he’s a ineligible receiver.

I would report that crew for sure. Send in game tape to KHSAA. That’s basic football knowledge. Only the end man on the line of scrimmage or a someone “off” of the line of scrimmage can go down field on a pass route.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I would report that crew for sure. Send in game tape to KHSAA. That’s basic football knowledge. Only the end man on the line of scrimmage or a someone “off” of the line of scrimmage can go down field on a pass route.

Probably a little "homecooking".
Happens a lot in se ky
The receiver can still run the route just cant catch the ball if he catch the ball it is a penalty
coach28 Wrote:The receiver can still run the route just cant catch the ball if he catch the ball it is a penalty

Wouldn’t that be an ineligible receiver down field?
Hatz Wrote:Wouldn’t that be an ineligible receiver down field?

Yes
coach28 Wrote:The receiver can still run the route just cant catch the ball if he catch the ball it is a penalty

Not according to NFHS rules. Do I know you? Did you happen to be wearing a white hat last night? Lol
Not eligible to go down field!!!
The end man on the line of scrimmage only!

Wrong.
No read the rules
coach28 Wrote:No read the rules

I have, but if there is something I’m missing you can post it on here.
Patriot, maybe it wasn't touched/blocked. Maybe he just missed the PAT.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Why is it the officiating is so bad in Eastern Kentucky. I informed a crew that a team would do this last night. Then after it happened multiple times they proceeded to tell me that he’s allowed to run routes he just can’t catch the ball because he’s a ineligible receiver.

Because people in general in EKY are generally stupid. Sad reality. Not to say there isn't smarter people there, but I would say 1/3 are dumb.

Easy money and everyone and their mother can be a ref
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Real Badman Wrote:Because people in general in EKY are generally stupid. Sad reality. Not to say there isn't smarter people there, but I would say 1/3 are dumb.

Get out and about brother. It’s not just EKY. It’s america.

Corruption, lack of training, no enjoyment of getting screamed at by a parent. But that goes for all refs.
It's bad everywhere. Saw a WKC ref call holding on the left guard. Only problem was he was the line judge on the OPPOSITE sideline. The thing that angers me the most when you complain about such things is to hear "Hey, he reffed a state championship game." Yeah, because it was his turn??? Coaches EARN their way to state championships. I've seen some terrible refs call state championship games. E.G. whoever did the Corbin v central game last year.
Maybe coach 28 is just messing with us? But in case he isn’t, a receiver that isn’t the last man on line (covered up) can’t legally run a route past the line of scrimmage if the forward pass crosses the line of scrimmage. It’s basic football 101.