Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big School Rankings ( Class 4a thru 6a)
This is a ranking of the 3 largestt classes. I'm going to do one for the 3 smallest classes, also. This is just my opinion and intended to get some banter going, so, would like to hear other opinions, agree, disagree, do your own, who's being left out or just add your thoughts.. Here's how I'd have them ranked to start the season.

1) Trinity
2) Male
3) St Xavier
4) Scott Co
5) Cov Catholic
6) F. Douglass
7) Boyle Co
8) Bowling Green
9) Johnson Central
10) South Oldham
11) Butler
12) S. Warren
13) N. Hardin
14) Corbin
15) Central

Fire away.. Let's hear it..
🙄
Corbyn ain’t 14. Not this year
I think 11-15 is up in the air and at this point and I can't even hazard a guess, but 1-10 looks absolutely solid. Nicely done.
Judging by what I saw of the results of Central’s scrimmage against Scott Co, they may need to be higher.
mysonis55 Wrote:Judging by what I saw of the results of Central’s scrimmage against Scott Co, they may need to be higher.

I think what it means is Scott Co needs to be lower along with FD.

Since my Rebels are actually a 3A team playing up, I'd say that's impressive. Especially when you consider they should be no worse than #5 in this poll.

Right Frankie boy? 😜
KYHSFBFan Wrote:This is a ranking of the 3 largestt classes. I'm going to do one for the 3 smallest classes, also. This is just my opinion and intended to get some banter going, so, would like to hear other opinions, agree, disagree, do your own, who's being left out or just add your thoughts.. Here's how I'd have them ranked to start the season.

1) Trinity
2) Male
3) St Xavier
4) Scott Co
5) Cov Catholic
6) F. Douglass
7) Boyle Co
8) Bowling Green
9) Johnson Central
10) South Oldham
11) Butler
12) S. Warren
13) N. Hardin
14) Corbin
15) Central

Fire away.. Let's hear it..

No SK? They can beat alot of them teams.
FoSho Wrote:I think what it means is Scott Co needs to be lower along with FD.

Since my Rebels are actually a 3A team playing up, I'd say that's impressive. Especially when you consider they should be no worse than #5 in this poll.

Right Frankie boy? 😜

I wont disagree that Boyle and prolly even Johnson Central should be a tad bit higher but you said it yourself scrimmages mean squat. Nobody opens up the play book and if there's kids who are even remotely banged up they don't play. I'm gonna say Central does however prolly need to be a lot higher than were they are at too... I personally have no problems with a few of the lower rankings the Hounds are getting we've got some question marks here and there but we'll be a different team come November and by then nobody's even gonna remember all these preseason polls and that's when you're playing for all the marbles anyway...
1. Trinity
2. Male
3. St. X
4. CovCath
5. Bowling Green
6. Scott County
7. Boyle County
8. Douglass
9 Johnson Central
10.South Warren
UK1fan Wrote:No SK? They can beat alot of them teams.

Who could they beat? Their best win last year was Campbell County. New season, new kids, I know, but still...
Franklin Simpson?
I saw Male scrimmage. They have problems at qb and on both lines compared to the last few years. I see 3-4 losses.

Right Frankie boy? 😜

Scrimmages don't mean squat UNLESS- Boyle plays bad, or a team is ranked higher than them, there is a reason Coach Smith doesn't schedule or scrimmage Trinity, STX, Male, Scott Co etc, and lord knows he has had his chances. Scott has tried to schedule Boyle mutilple times the answer was no thanks. Do you really think they want to play teams like Cincinnati Moeller and Elder? The GCL was rated the #1 league in the nation. I even ask you last year to go ask Coach Smith yourself and you called me names. Please don't brag when you guys beat Iroquois 100-0. Sorry guys I couldn't hold it any longer-lol- and yes Scott County is the ONLY team in the state that has won 10 games in a row for 11 straight years, chew on that and I don't even like to put out numbers like that. They just don't have the horses to beat the Big 3. Like you brag on Boyle it's ridiculous but entertaining.
CarzyRock Wrote:Who could they beat? Their best win last year was Campbell County. New season, new kids, I know, but still...

Will find put soon enough when they travel to Johnson Central!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Franklin Simpson?

I actually contemplated between them and Central at #15, so, they'd be knocking on the door..
UK1fan Wrote:No SK? They can beat alot of them teams.

Sk would be in my Top 20 with a chance to move up and in with a couple of good performances.
9-15 up in the air. 1-8 pretty solid. maybe drop douglas a spot or 2 thou
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Scrimmages don't mean squat UNLESS- Boyle plays bad, or a team is ranked higher than them, there is a reason Coach Smith doesn't schedule or scrimmage Trinity, STX, Male, Scott Co etc, and lord knows he has had his chances. Scott has tried to schedule Boyle mutilple times the answer was no thanks. Do you really think they want to play teams like Cincinnati Moeller and Elder? The GCL was rated the #1 league in the nation. I even ask you last year to go ask Coach Smith yourself and you called me names. Please don't brag when you guys beat Iroquois 100-0. Sorry guys I couldn't hold it any longer-lol- and yes Scott County is the ONLY team in the state that has won 10 games in a row for 11 straight years, chew on that and I don't even like to put out numbers like that. They just don't have the horses to beat the Big 3. Like you brag on Boyle it's ridiculous but entertaining.

We didn't schedule Iroquois, we are playing them in someone else's bowl game. You should know that. Boyle Co is 1/3 the size and would spank Scott Co.

Ridiculous is pretending you're Alabama with a Vanderbilt trophy case.

Good luck to you this season (all of your teams).

Right Frankie boy? 😜

I also tried to tell you that FDU wasn't close to the team that they were last year, but after Boyle beat them in a 2-hand touch game, you tried to spin it that FDU had so many great athlete's just because Boyle beat them. I guess now you believe me. Male, St.X, Trinity would put a running clock on Boyle.
FoSho Wrote:We didn't schedule Iroquois, we are playing them in someone else's bowl game. You should know that. Boyle Co is 1/3 the size and would spank Scott Co.

Ridiculous is pretending you're Alabama with a Vanderbilt trophy case.

Good luck to you this season (all of your teams).

What's Ridiculous is pretending Boyle could beat Alabama, Patroits, Trinity, Male, St X. Just beat Corbin first
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:What's Ridiculous is pretending Boyle could beat Alabama, Patroits, Trinity, Male, St X. Just beat Corbin first

I've said quite the opposite about Trinity but I'm not scared of anyone else in the state. Am I supposed to be?

And as far as the Corbin thing goes...something tells me you can answer that one for yourself. But just in case you need help, Google "2017 3A State Title Game".

Good luck to your Commodores!
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:I also tried to tell you that FDU wasn't close to the team that they were last year, but after Boyle beat them in a 2-hand touch game, you tried to spin it that FDU had so many great athlete's just because Boyle beat them. I guess now you believe me. Male, St.X, Trinity would put a running clock on Boyle.

No Male and St X wouldn't. And I doubt Trinity would but they would most certainly beat us. Too many big bodies.
CAL will beat South Oldham the first game.
Bye bye South Oldham!
UK1fan Wrote:Bye bye South Oldham!

Given that CAL is the top team in 3A and South Oldham took them to overtime I'd say dropping South out of the rankings is premature. Maybe they lose a spot or two, but if anyone drops it should be Central for losing to Manual.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:I also tried to tell you that FDU wasn't close to the team that they were last year, but after Boyle beat them in a 2-hand touch game, you tried to spin it that FDU had so many great athlete's just because Boyle beat them. I guess now you believe me. Male, St.X, Trinity would put a running clock on Boyle.

I’d think there are a bunch of teams that would do that this year.
FoSho Wrote:No Male and St X wouldn't. And I doubt Trinity would but they would most certainly beat us. Too many big bodies.

Yes. Yes they would. Add Cov cath, Scott county, and likely Fredrick Douglas to the list. Maybe even highlands and bowling green. That’s pretty clear. Classes exist for a reason