Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co., Somerset and Anderson Co. Scrimmage
How did all 3 teams look ?
Was everything by the book? lol
Yes, everything was by the book lol. Don't think you'll see Dudley risking his legacy anymore he's too old for that. Anderson county had really good QB but are no where close to the same team they were a year ago. Was very impressed with Bell and Somerset. Both teams have enough to make a deep run in my opinion. Also heard that the Bell and Johnson central scrimmage is still on for this coming friday. Should be a good one.
I got to watch the Film from 2 sources on these this morning. It was all not by the book! Very surprising to me. First Somerset didn’t seem to be as good as I thought. I really thought they may compete for a championship this season. I still think they are top 10 in their class but not as good as I had thought. QB is very good, a couple good receivers, a good middle linebacker. Just not enough pieces I don’t think. They are deep but their line seems weaker than last year.

Bell surprised me. Their line isn’t as big, mean, and strong as last year. That’s where the negatives end for Bell. Their QB was wow! He can run and his passes were amazing. Dead on and great touch. They have some good receivers and a decent back. They are so so deep. Their second string wasn’t much worse than their first. This team will be in the mix. They may be better overall than CAL with Collins gone. I don’t know but would love to see that game. Still not enough for a title but they were impressive all around.

Anderson County was like watching...well I still don’t know what I saw. Their 2 main backs, Labhart and Russell looked amazing but only touched the ball about 3 times a piece if that. They passed the ball mostly. So I don’t know. They will run the ball 90% of the time I think and it looked like they could run on Bell and Somerset. However, they mostly passed and they have receivers who can not catch. Their QB seemed ok. Defensively the Dearinger kid was unblockable. They have a great line but secondary is weak. Very weak. So overall if they play how I think they will they will be around 3rd to 6th best in 4A. If they pass the ball 80% of the time and give their back up running backs most of the carry’s they will be lucky to have a winning season. Biggest negative for Anderson is lack of depth. Their 2nd string is not even in the same realm as their first.

Based on personnel and how I think they will play on Friday nights I say Anderson has the most upside, Bell is most complete, and Somerset is really good not great.
Bell by far the best of the three but all have a lot of room for improvement in my opinion and should have the chance for deep playoff runs
If anyone bases their final opinion for a season outlook on a scrimmage they're making a huge mistake.
BoyleCo Wrote:I got to watch the Film from 2 sources on these this morning. It was all not by the book! Very surprising to me. First Somerset didn’t seem to be as good as I thought. I really thought they may compete for a championship this season. I still think they are top 10 in their class but not as good as I had thought. QB is very good, a couple good receivers, a good middle linebacker. Just not enough pieces I don’t think. They are deep but their line seems weaker than last year.

Bell surprised me. Their line isn’t as big, mean, and strong as last year. That’s where the negatives end for Bell. Their QB was wow! He can run and his passes were amazing. Dead on and great touch. They have some good receivers and a decent back. They are so so deep. Their second string wasn’t much worse than their first. This team will be in the mix. They may be better overall than CAL with Collins gone. I don’t know but would love to see that game. Still not enough for a title but they were impressive all around.

Anderson County was like watching...well I still don’t know what I saw. Their 2 main backs, Labhart and Russell looked amazing but only touched the ball about 3 times a piece if that. They passed the ball mostly. So I don’t know. They will run the ball 90% of the time I think and it looked like they could run on Bell and Somerset. However, they mostly passed and they have receivers who can not catch. Their QB seemed ok. Defensively the Dearinger kid was unblockable. They have a great line but secondary is weak. Very weak. So overall if they play how I think they will they will be around 3rd to 6th best in 4A. If they pass the ball 80% of the time and give their back up running backs most of the carry’s they will be lucky to have a winning season. Biggest negative for Anderson is lack of depth. Their 2nd string is not even in the same realm as their first.

Based on personnel and how I think they will play on Friday nights I say Anderson has the most upside, Bell is most complete, and Somerset is really good not great.

I’ve been saying all along. Do not overlook Bell Co this season in 3A. Dudley’s 3rd year back. He has this team rolling right now. QB London Stephney will be a tough outing for any team to stop this season. Kid has wheels and the extra experience this season. He was learning a lot last season.
BoyleCo Wrote:I got to watch the Film from 2 sources on these this morning. It was all not by the book! Very surprising to me. First Somerset didn’t seem to be as good as I thought. I really thought they may compete for a championship this season. I still think they are top 10 in their class but not as good as I had thought. QB is very good, a couple good receivers, a good middle linebacker. Just not enough pieces I don’t think. They are deep but their line seems weaker than last year.

I do disagree on Bell Co’s Line. I think we are bigger and more experienced. Most return off last years team. We started 7 sophomore on D last year as well. Everyone of them are back as juniors.
Stephen is the real deal and is the best athlete in the mountains and maybe the best Qb in mountains. Throws a great ball, with some really good tall receivers. Jones maybe a catch that was unreal.
Dudley will be back in the hunt for another title.
Agree to disagree on the line. They are big but there were a few kids last year that looked 30. They all looked like kids this year. Lol

I'm not saying they will, but I think Bell County could have a shot at anybody they play. Dudley will have them ready by the end of the season.
Does anyone know if Grundy played for Somerset?
Was it 10 play format
I really hope jc and bell does live scrimmage
eagles2011 Wrote:Was it 10 play format
I really hope jc and bell does live scrimmage

it will be fun if they do.
Bell looked very polished on film. Anderson has a ton of upside. Losing the Collins kid hurts them but they will be fine. Somerset looked solid for 2A but not spectacular. The QB is legit has to learn how to take care of the ball though.
That would surprise many with Preece at JC.
RoShamBo Wrote:Does anyone know if Grundy played for Somerset?

Don't think Grundy played. I watched the scrimmage. All 3 teams looked good and all will create special problems for who ever they are playing. Somerset looked Real Good at times, Got burnt deep a few times but that is a easy fix. Miller ran at will. In game setting don't think either Bell or Anderson could have stopped Somerset. Somerset's front 7 are very good, they will have a good year. QB and Miller are real deal. Bell is back in the hunt, can't keep Dudley down long. QB is special. Anderson has some good people but play in a super hard District as does Somerset. All 3 should have a good year.
Grundy played. Touches the ball 3 times, scored twice.
JustThinking Wrote:Don't think Grundy played. I watched the scrimmage. All 3 teams looked good and all will create special problems for who ever they are playing. Somerset looked Real Good at times, Got burnt deep a few times but that is a easy fix. Miller ran at will. In game setting don't think either Bell or Anderson could have stopped Somerset. Somerset's front 7 are very good, they will have a good year. QB and Miller are real deal. Bell is back in the hunt, can't keep Dudley down long. QB is special. Anderson has some good people but play in a super hard District as does Somerset. All 3 should have a good year.
Bell ain't as good as I thought ,if they couldn't stop Somerset, and The Jumpers are even better than I thought. Can't wait for the season to start.
Yeah I don’t agree with this. I thought Bell was clearly better than Somerset and I thought Somerset line was by far their biggest weakness. They will kill it in 2A but bs Anderson and Bell...
BoyleCo Wrote:Yeah I don’t agree with this. I thought Bell was clearly better than Somerset and I thought Somerset line was by far their biggest weakness. They will kill it in 2A but bs Anderson and Bell...

Yeah. The bigger schools would be in trouble if they can't stop Somerset. Somerset will be good though.
Bell and Johnson Central scrimmage is still on for this Friday night in Paintsville.
I hope to watch the Bell JC film. I am very interested in this one. Bell matches up well with JC. JC should be the better team but it will be a good one.
You will not see much out of that film. Matney will play a bunch of the young kids.
Well that’s disappointing
Sorry. Scrimmage is this Saturday at Johnson Central not Friday night.
BellCo18 Wrote:Sorry. Scrimmage is this Saturday at Johnson Central not Friday night.

I’m hearing Friday and Saturday. Can anyone else confirm which day for this scrimmage?
We have been told Friday...
Friday night at 7:00