Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.42 cent increase in gas prices since YESTERDAY!
I was utterly flabergasted to see that gas had went from $2.77 yesterday to $3.19 today in Pikeville!!! I called my sister and she said she had just filled up in Lexington for $2.55 a gallon!!!
this is pure BS we should organize a boycott for a day.
rallo316 Wrote:this is pure BS we should organize a boycott for a day.

I don't know that it would do any good. There has to be a way to get a point across to the "oil tycoons" that Americans are TIRED of paying out the A$$ for gas!!! I figured that there would be an increase but .42 cents.... that is crazy!!!!
phs1986 Wrote:I was utterly flabergasted to see that gas had went from $2.77 yesterday to $3.19 today in Pikeville!!! I called my sister and she said she had just filled up in Lexington for $2.55 a gallon!!!

Your sister may have yanked your chain. Gas is 3.19 everywhere in Lexington right now as well except in maybe a couple places on Versailles road where is in the 2.90's. But it has been 3.19 everywhere here since this morning. If you can talk to her again and find out where is is supposedly 2.55 I'd appreciate it because I'll be there in about 5 minutes.

No excuse for this either way though. I knew I should have filled up last night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Morehead usually has the highest gas prices. Haven't been out today to see.:confused: How can it go up and down so much.
alfus21 Wrote:Your sister may have yanked your chain. Gas is 3.19 everywhere in Lexington right now as well except in maybe a couple places on Versailles road where is in the 2.90's. But it has been 3.19 everywhere here since this morning. If you can talk to her again and find out where is is supposedly 2.55 I'd appreciate it because I'll be there in about 5 minutes.

No excuse for this either way though. I knew I should have filled up last night.

LOL.... if she knows whats good for her she better not "yank my chain".... teehee..... I think she said she was out before 6:00 a.m. going to work. I will check and see though where she purchases her gas. I know she used to live right off of Man o'War on Rio Dosa?? As soon as I get in touch with her I will post the location!!
phs1986 Wrote:LOL.... if she knows whats good for her she better not "yank my chain".... teehee..... I think she said she was out before 6:00 a.m. going to work. I will check and see though where she purchases her gas. I know she used to live right off of Man o'War on Rio Dosa?? As soon as I get in touch with her I will post the location!!

Early bird gets the worm. Hopefully it will go down a bit tomorrow because I'm running on a low tank. :eek:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rallo316 Wrote:this is pure BS we should organize a boycott for a day.

I wish something like that would work, but I don't think it would make any difference. For example, if there was a boycott on Thursday, then everyone who would've filled up that day will either fill up the day before or wait until Friday to do it. In the end, the same amount of gas gets bought, and the oil companies don't feel a thing. If people actually started buying less gas overall, then they might start to feel the pinch.

Incidentally, I am sooo glad that I got gas yesterday instead of today! It took $51 to fill it up anyway, and it probably would've been around $60 today. :eek: Whew, got lucky there!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm flabergasted as wellSmile
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
It's 2.89 in Richmond right now. I think it's funny how the wave in gas prices seems to go from Louisville to Pikeville, but takes a few days.

I get word from Louisville that gas prices are going up and then the next day in Lexington gas goes up. Then I get word that it's gone up in Lexington and it goes up in Richmond the next day. Now two days later Pikeville has raised their prices as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Still haven't talked to my sister to find out for ya Alfus BUT as soon as I do I will 411 ya.... BUT I had to post that I just heard that gas would be going up another .15 to .20 cents within the next week!! I personally can't wait to find out what type of profit our mighty "suppliers" get this quarter!!!
This is crazy! It was 2.77 this morning at Food City in Pikeville. This afternoon I stopped at Food City and it was 2.89. I went inside Food City for about 20 minutes, came out and it was 3.19. The gas at Speedway was 3.19 about 1:00 this afternoon and now it is down to 2.89. The gas prices here in Pikeville today are about as unpredictable as our weather has been today. Stormy one minute, sunny the next.
When I went to work this morning, I went by the Shelbiana Food City and gas was 2.77. Later in the day, another employee came in and said we had better go fill up if we needed gas because at Speedway in Pikeville it was 3.19. By the time I got to Food City at lunch, it had went up to 2.89. By the end of the day (5 o clock), I went by FC again and it was 3.19! However, I ended up going back to Pikeville to the bank and by Speedway and it was 2.89 there around 5:15. Ugh.. Everybody get all that? Apparently everybody is confused on how high the gas should be this week. What a joke.
SVcatfan Wrote:This is crazy! It was 2.77 this morning at Food City in Pikeville. This afternoon I stopped at Food City and it was 2.89. I went inside Food City for about 20 minutes, came out and it was 3.19. The gas at Speedway was 3.19 about 1:00 this afternoon and now it is down to 2.89. The gas prices here in Pikeville today are about as unpredictable as our weather has been today. Stormy one minute, sunny the next.

I wouldn't exactly call 2.89 sunny. :p
Maybe 1.59 or something. Smile
It was $3.19 in most of Lexington... I saw a couple places that had if for $2.88 and the cheapest I saw in Richmond today was $2.95 Sad
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
On the corner of Central Ave. in Louisville Kroger's tops off at 3.29. It was 2.89 Monday.
Pikeville Speedway...2.82 this morning
Just put a "drop" of gas into mine!! LOLOL.... $30.00 worth that is... I'm not on the road toooooo much now so I'm gonna see if it drops anywhere. OH... BTW... it's $3.19 a gallon in Phelps and in the Matewan area....
3.18 seems to be the norm in Lexington today...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was in Pikeville yesterday an the gas prices at Speedway were like $2.85
Food City on Town Mountain at around 7:30 last night it was $3.19.... I swear.... this up and down crap is for the birds!!!
I am buying a Harley..I know that! trying to tell my wife that, that will solve alot of money issues, lol...Think she will buy it?
UH.... I guess gas prices are as good as excuse as any to go spend more $$$$$.... LOLOL...