Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening weeks Top Matchups
There are a number of great opening week games scheduled this year. Here's my Top 10 matchups to start the season:

Central at Manual
Ashland at Knox Central
Moore at LCA
Loussane Collegiate, Tn at Mayfield
Desales at St Xavier
Carmel, In at Trinity
Casey Co at Campbellsville
SWarren at Butler
Lex Catholic at Pulaski Co
Belfry at Southwestern

How do you see these games playing out and what other games do you see as great matchups?
I would like to give a shout-out to the Hefty-Lefty fans in Highlands. Always 110% and if you were a db and he left the pocket....watch out!! RIP #22
Belfry and Knox games should be a great start to the season.

2018 11-2 Regional Runner-up Bell County vs 1-10 Collins.
SK travels to Henry Clay.
NewCath vs Campbell County.
Dixie vs Cooper
Lloyd vs Walton Verona
Highlands vs Scott
Ryle vs CovCath
Conner vs Madison Central
four quarters Wrote:Belfry and Knox games should be a great start to the season.

2018 11-2 Regional Runner-up Bell County vs 1-10 Collins.

Dont know much about Southwestern. Is this a game the Pirates should be concerned with, especially playing at SW?
#55PirateFan Wrote:Dont know much about Southwestern. Is this a game the Pirates should be concerned with, especially playing at SW?

Belfry will win by multiple scores this season but in the next 2-3 years look out for SW.
FoSho Wrote:Belfry will win by multiple scores this season but in the next 2-3 years look out for SW.

Thanks brother. This year is what matters most to me! Lol
St X will be a tough task this year.
Belfry should win but Foley will have the boys playing well in my opinion
Lausanne Collegiate School is Mayfield's opponent August 23rd. LC won their division state championship in 2016 and 2017 losing in the semi's last season. Their 3 year record is 37-1. This looks to be a game that may be similar to the AA championship last year with CAL. I really don't know how it will turn out but it will be a great test for both squads. Can't wait to get the season started!
Correction: Lausanne is 38-1 over the last 3 seasons.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Dont know much about Southwestern. Is this a game the Pirates should be concerned with, especially playing at SW?

Without Coleman it may be interesting.

Belfry has went to Southwestern twice and both times the game was closer than most expected it to be.

If Belfry protects the football they should be fine, but if Southwestern creates penetration and the backup QB puts it on the ground, this one could be a surprise.
Pikeville vs. Mingo Central is one that I have marked on the calendar. Although, I know absolutely nothing about Mingo
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Pikeville vs. Mingo Central is one that I have marked on the calendar. Although, I know absolutely nothing about Mingo

I'm looking forward to this one as well. I'll definitely will be making the trip to watch these two square off. Although I think the Panthers will win, I believe the Miners will be more than enough competition for Pikeville to see where their really at and I wouldn't be totally shocked if MC came out with the win either. They have a really good QB in Goad. Same type of player/athlete that Marshall's Jeremy Dillon was a couple years ago for the Miners and they also have one of the best WR's in WV for him to throw to in Drew Hatfield as well. He reminds me of Pikeville's Jackson Hensley. The kid is lightning fast with great hands. First person I thought of when I saw him at camp was Hensley. So, IMO, Pikeville better bring their "A game" or the Miners will be going back across the Tug with the win. I think this is going to be one of the early season games you'll want to see.
Mayfield has not lost a home game since McCracken Co 2015, in a barn burner. The streak continues. MHS by at least 10 points.
https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?...-capsules/

Here's a little preview of what Mayfield can expect next Friday night. Sounds like there coach and players are pretty confident about the upcoming season.
Corbin vs. Whitley County.
Prestonsburg at pike Central
Bardstown at pikeville
Will be 2 great games
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm looking forward to this one as well. I'll definitely will be making the trip to watch these two square off. Although I think the Panthers will win, I believe the Miners will be more than enough competition for Pikeville to see where their really at and I wouldn't be totally shocked if MC came out with the win either. They have a really good QB in Goad. Same type of player/athlete that Marshall's Jeremy Dillon was a couple years ago for the Miners and they also have one of the best WR's in WV for him to throw to in Drew Hatfield as well. He reminds me of Pikeville's Jackson Hensley. The kid is lightning fast with great hands. First person I thought of when I saw him at camp was Hensley. So, IMO, Pikeville better bring their "A game" or the Miners will be going back across the Tug with the win. I think this is going to be one of the early season games you'll want to see.

Gotta pull for my Panthers, and I really believe they've got this, BUT like you said, they gotta bring their "A Game ".