Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why You Should Always Double Check Your Bank Deposits
OK, so I work for the Southeast Telephone agent here in Richmond and also being a payment center, I have to take the payments from the previous day to the bank to deposit them into their respective accounts.

Well I go in this morning to the closest bank to our office which is Citizen's Gauranty. We only use this bank because of location. Problem 1 - the bank is only open from 9 am to 5 pm. Our store hours are 9-6. And they never open the doors before 9 am. I get there today at 9:05 and they still aren't open. A few minutes later someone opened the doors and I was getting my deposits and getting out of my car when this lady comes flying up beside me, parks the car and then rushes to the door beating me in. She got the the teller first so they assisted her first. This place has 3 tellers....but I still stood in line for at least 15 minutes because the other two were "busy."

The lady at the other counter was counting her cash box, but the guy at the drive thru window just sat there and did nothing. Finally when it was obvious that this other lady was going to be a while, the guy at the drive thru got up and took my cash, checks, and deposit slip. Shortly after he handed me the deposit receipt and I was back on my way to work which I was now 20 minutes late for.

When I got to work someone was of course waiting for me to open the office to make a payment. But afterwards I was gathering the deposit receipts to fax to the main office. This is when I encountered problem 2 - My deposit was off by almost $100 from the actual payments received yesterday. I was baffled because it's not uncommon to be off by a cent here or there but this was nearly $100. I printed off a payment report from yesterday and after taking it apart and trying to find out where it went wrong I saw that the teller had left off a check for $92.

I don't know if there's any way I can truly prove this now that I'm back and not at the bank anymore, but it should be pretty obvious when the exact amount that's missing is the exact amount of one of the checks. Anyway, here is problem 3 - I now have to leave work for however long it may take to go an dispute this with the bank. As I am the only one that works here, this means that any customers that call or try to come in will not be able to receive any assistance for at least another 30 minutes.

So all in all, Citizen's Guaranty will have wasted at least 45 minutes of my time today.

I'll let you know how it went at the bank when I get back....

:mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I had sort of the same problem. I got my first paycheck of the summer and went to the bank to deposit the money into my bank account and put some in savings for school. My deposit was $140 and the left over $100 went into savings. It wasnt until the next day when I left work to get lunch and my debit card got declined at McDonalds for a $5.00 order, that something was wrong espicially since I knew I had deposited $140 in my account the day before. So I called the Account on Call thing and my balance was -$9. I called the bank told them my problem and they told me to call back in an hour so they could 'investigate'. An hour later I went to the branch across the street from my work and asked about it. Apparently the girl that took my money was new and deposited it into the wrong account, also to make it more complicated...the person who my $140 was given to took notice and went on a shopping spree with it and spent it so they had to file a bunch of papers and FINALLY managed to get my $140 into MY account which left the other person -$140. And of course I made them wave all overdraft fees.
Who do you bank with?

I have run into several problems with US Bank charging unsubstantiated overdraft fees. It got ridiculous because at one point they said I had somehow managed to get six overdraft charges for $35 each. When I contacted them about it, they agreed that it was in error and ended up waiving all the fees, but still. You have to watch out for stuff like that.

I have heard one of the only good and trustworthy places here in Richmond is Peoples Bank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have had a lot of problems with US Bank. Just today I checked my account and they had taken a $30 withdrawal fee from my savings account. I have had to withdraw several times lately but I have never had to pay a $30 fee for withdrawals! That is crazy! I guess I will be calling the bank first thing in the morning.:mad:
I have used US Bank for a couple years now and I haven't really had any problems yet. lol But I bet I will now.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
my friend uses us bank and he was like a couple of cents over drawn when he had a 500 dollar overdraw protection adn it ended up costing him like 200 dollars
Sounds like a day you should have just called in ComfortEagle, LOL!
i made deposit late one friday and did not get credit for it took my ticket in monday and they fixed it if i had not had my ticket i would have been SOL so that is why. only problem i have ever had with them in 12 years community trust.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Who do you bank with?

I have run into several problems with US Bank charging unsubstantiated overdraft fees. It got ridiculous because at one point they said I had somehow managed to get six overdraft charges for $35 each. When I contacted them about it, they agreed that it was in error and ended up waiving all the fees, but still. You have to watch out for stuff like that.

I have heard one of the only good and trustworthy places here in Richmond is Peoples Bank.

I use Citizens National Bank, it's the easiest bank for my mom to get to when I need money while in Richmond. That's the only problem I had ever had with them.