Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Montgomery County
Matt Daniel resigned Tuesday.
Whoever Happy Osborne recommends will be the new coach.
I know for a fact he didn't resign.

He was released from his contract the Friday before the state tournament.

And Happy Osborne is an advisor at GRC and I seriously doubt he has any input in the MoCo job.
why would happy want to help Montgomery after the way he was treated there
Montgomery Co is a sleeping giant if someone can settle down and build a program.
Im hearing Bart Rison wants his old job back. Get ready 10th region. Here comes Augusta, Bath, Bracken, 27 wins 5 losses and loose first region ballgame.
therealdealholyfield Wrote:Im hearing Bart Rison wants his old job back. Get ready 10th region. Here comes Augusta, Bath, Bracken, 27 wins 5 losses and loose first region ballgame.

For a school MoCo's size, they have had exactly how many regional titles in the past 30 years? Refresh my memory.

Hilarious you mention Augusta Bracken and Bath... pretty sure they have been on MoCo's schedule a few times over the past few years. Mount Sterling is only a 30 minute drive north for me and I could've swore I saw them playing at the Arena.
I believe Bath County has as many 10th region titles as Montgomery County does.

And they are finishing up a 2 year contract this season.
Bath is in the 16th. also you say augusta and bracken. Why? seriously Moco needs to focus on GRC, Bourbon, Mason
Montgomery won it in 1995 and won it with happy
Yes, Bath is in the 16th. But they used to be in the 10th and won 2 regional titles.
im aware that they used to be in the 10th. They were in the 10th when i played in the 10th.
Hearing Steve Wright might be next
I've heard the interviews start today.
Steve Wright interviewing ?
Bart Williams-pikeville/bath county interviewing
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Bart Williams-pikeville/bath county interviewing

This has to be about a pay raise. The 16th is not as tough as the 10th.
Bart Williams is a mediocre coach at best. We hired him in Bath County and he has been trying to leave ever since. He talked about how he loved Bath County when he took the job and then bought a house in Mt. Sterling and commutes everyday. He tried hard last year to get the Clark County job and this year Montgomery County. Bath should have never hired someone who got fired from there previous job just because he wanted to get out of town and coach his sons. Look what Pikeville has done the three years after his departure. Win Championships. On the other hand, we haven't won the first regular season or post-season tournament, had a losing record 2 out of 3 years. He is a really friendly guy and promotes his team but is a mediocre coach at best. Montgomery can have him if they want but I said three years ago Bath should have never hired him. Not someone fired from their previous job, not wanting to live here, and at the end of their career just looking for a place to coach his sons and get out.
Bath County hasn't had any homegrown talent since the 70s and have only been to back to back regions 3 times since 1977. The last 2 years happen to be 1 of those times.

Seems like the problem with Bath County people is they think they deserve more than what they can actually earn.

I will agree the Wildcats should have made the regional semi-finals 2 years ago but really worked hard to make the region this season.

Coach Williams has made Bath County relevant again and this is actually the first time I've heard the rumor of him "wanting" to leave.

I know for a fact he never "tried hard" to get the Clark County job since it was never open.

And really no one can blame him for wanting to go to a place like Montgomery that has the facilities and 5A population that would give more talent. From what it sounds like Estill, Paris and a host of local coaches applied for the job as well.

Oh, and Williams has played the talent he was given, not the talent he could steal from every surrounding county like Pikeville has done.
And give me 2 reasons why anyone would want to move to Owingsville besides McDonalds and Dairy Queen???
sacbunt Wrote:And give me 2 reasons why anyone would want to move to Owingsville besides McDonalds and Dairy Queen???

That’s why everyone should move to Sharpsburg a.k.a. “The real big city of Bath!”
If Montgomery conducted interviews last week I figured they might name a coach this week. I kind of thought we might hear yesterday.
Bart Williams upon taking Batg county job: “one of the best things about Bath county job is there is no pressure to win”

Me: “Hello, our last coach was fired because he didn’t win and you say no pressure is what made this job appealing to you”

Bart Williams: “I love Bath County it is a beautiful place”

Me: “if you love it so much why did you move to a different county and commute every day?”

Me: “If we fired a coach for not winning, why did we hire a recently fired coach that seems to always come in second place or worse in everything he has ever coached? Maybe he told the committee that he had two stud sons he was bringing with him that would turn program around.

SacBunt: at least he doesn’t use transfers to win

Me: That is because no one wants to play for him. People moved to Scott County to play for Billy Hicks, people transfer to play for Trinity, people move to play for Great coaches. Obviously no one wanted to play for Bart Williams at Pikeville including those already in the school. People want to play for their new coach. Why would we hire someone who is at the end of their career that no one knows or wants to play for? Get a YOUNG coach who brings energy to our program that will stay and build something more than 2-3 years and leave. Bart Williams is doing Bath wrong. He used us to get out of pikeville and coach his sons. Doesn’t have a care in the world for Bath at all.
What about the part where Bart has taken Bath County to back-to-back region tournaments for just the 3rd time since 1977?
LBC25 Wrote:What about the part where Bart has taken Bath County to back-to-back region tournaments for just the 3rd time since 1977?

Was this a joke or are you being serious about this fact? I laughed at it. Menifee is a combined 27-60 over last 3 years and Fleming 30-63 with neither ever having even close to a winning record. Again, 2nd place finisher is what that means in district in an awful district and first round exit out of region. That’s a resume builder and something to brag about around town. How about win one championship, even if it is some small tournament before you brag about something. Don’t forget he had to bring in his two sons with him just to have one winning season in 3 years and that was a 16-15 record at that.
Sharpsburg99 Wrote:Was this a joke or are you being serious about this fact? I laughed at it. Menifee is a combined 27-60 over last 3 years and Fleming 30-63 with neither ever having even close to a winning record. Again, 2nd place finisher is what that means in district in an awful district and first round exit out of region. That’s a resume builder and something to brag about around town. How about win one championship, even if it is some small tournament before you brag about something. Don’t forget he had to bring in his two sons with him just to have one winning season in 3 years and that was a 16-15 record at that.

Was he supposed to leave his 2 sons by themselves back in Pike County?
No hire yet?
I heard this morning that they have opened up the job posting again for applications due to everyone they offered turned it down.

Sounds like they tried to go cheap on the offers and also have no teaching jobs to offer any coach with an active teaching degree.
Now I have heard that it is Steve Wright's job they just have to work out the particulars of his contract due to him being retired.
I take the word of this source as gospel.
Steve Wright signed tomorrow