Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquis Frazier
KHSAA ruled him eligible today.
Today is also the day his one-year of ineligibility is up.
Who's he play for?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Who's he play for?
Another transfer at Perry Central during tournament time. Last year they got 2 eligible. This year Frazier is the 4th transfer that will play at Perry. Reed, the MVP of Regional tourney from Scott County! Turner, the MVP of the District tournament from Jackson City. Williams and Frazier both from Cordia, who made a visit to a couple other schools before ending up on Perry Centrals door steps. And people want to complain about what Cordia did a few years ago, this just cracks me up! :lame: :please: :HitWall: :ChairHit: :Shaking: :dontthink :flush: :eyeroll:
He will make Perry Central a whole lot better with just his defense alone.
Patriot train Wrote:Another transfer at Perry Central during tournament time. Last year they got 2 eligible. This year Frazier is the 4th transfer that will play at Perry. Reed, the MVP of Regional tourney from Scott County! Turner, the MVP of the District tournament from Jackson City. Williams and Frazier both from Cordia, who made a visit to a couple other schools before ending up on Perry Centrals door steps. And people want to complain about what Cordia did a few years ago, this just cracks me up! :lame: :please: :HitWall: :ChairHit: :Shaking: :dontthink :flush: :eyeroll:
It’s all a joke. Happens in every region no one not named Zion Harmon gets ruled ineligible. KHSAA needs to do its job. It’s simple if you change school sit out a year. There has to be a price paid for leaving. It’s only fair.
SouthEast18 Wrote:It’s all a joke. Happens in every region no one not named Zion Harmon gets ruled ineligible. KHSAA needs to do its job. It’s simple if you change school sit out a year. There has to be a price paid for leaving. It’s only fair.

To be fair, the price to pay in the KHSAA bylaws for leaving is a year of no varsity sports.

Marquis and D'andre both waited their year.
zaga_fan Wrote:To be fair, the price to pay in the KHSAA bylaws for leaving is a year of no varsity sports.

Marquis and D'andre both waited their year.

Then they should be able to play 100% I didn’t know that. You can never fix recruitment and kids leaving that isn’t the issue I’m fine with anyone going wherever they want to go just be ready to accept the penalty
SouthEast18 Wrote:Then they should be able to play 100% I didn’t know that. You can never fix recruitment and kids leaving that isn’t the issue I’m fine with anyone going wherever they want to go just be ready to accept the penalty

Turner transferred last year and for whatever reason played immediately. Someone said his old school "signed off" on the transfer. Folks have contested it on here, but all I know is he transferred and just started playing in the middle of the season.
Williams showed up this year, but it's well-documented on here that he is in the foster system and he's not in control of where he ends up.

Reed and Frazier both sat out a year of varsity sports and can now play.

I'm not trying to justify or throw off on anything - I'm just making sure everyone has a clear picture of who is playing and why they are eligible.

Marquis was ruled ineligible initially by the KHSAA and then eligible after a hearing. It's taken more than a month from the hearing for all the paperwork to line up. I just thought it was funny they ruled him eligible on the same day his year ended, which is why I started the thread.
Patriot train Wrote:Another transfer at Perry Central during tournament time. Last year they got 2 eligible. This year Frazier is the 4th transfer that will play at Perry. Reed, the MVP of Regional tourney from Scott County! Turner, the MVP of the District tournament from Jackson City. Williams and Frazier both from Cordia, who made a visit to a couple other schools before ending up on Perry Centrals door steps. And people want to complain about what Cordia did a few years ago, this just cracks me up! :lame: :please: :HitWall: :ChairHit: :Shaking: :dontthink :flush: :eyeroll:

Williams was the one from Scott County.
Reed went to Cordia a few years ago, but did not play there last year.

Really doesn't change anything, just making sure everyone's on the same page.
SouthEast18 Wrote:It’s all a joke. Happens in every region no one not named Zion Harmon gets ruled ineligible. KHSAA needs to do its job. It’s simple if you change school sit out a year. There has to be a price paid for leaving. It’s only fair.

If Marshall County had made it to the state tournament, like Perry Central, Harmon would be eligible. His year of ineligibility would have been over.
Just sad that this young man pretty much lost his entire senior season..Does anyone know if he has any scholarship offers anywhere? Cause when it’s all said and done, the education after HS is the most important thing one could hope to get out of it! And to keep playing a game you love at any level is amazing!
I think had he stayed at Cordia, an already very athletic team, would have been so much better with a leader. I think that’s what Cordia was missing, a leader, someone to pull them together and help close games..They came so close to winning so many, but couldn’t get over that hump..After watching Frazier play the previous year, he could have had a real shot at 14th Region player of the year..Kid is super talented..I honestly wish him the best of luck
Amazing the lengths to which programs will go to have a good basketball program these days.
FunFan Wrote:Amazing the lengths to which programs will go to have a good basketball program these days.

Same as other schools do with football and baseball,huh?
Yes, across the board. Appears more prevalent in basketball but I may be mistaken.
roundballer Wrote:Just sad that this young man pretty much lost his entire senior season..Does anyone know if he has any scholarship offers anywhere? Cause when it’s all said and done, the education after HS is the most important thing one could hope to get out of it! And to keep playing a game you love at any level is amazing!
I think had he stayed at Cordia, an already very athletic team, would have been so much better with a leader. I think that’s what Cordia was missing, a leader, someone to pull them together and help close games..They came so close to winning so many, but couldn’t get over that hump..After watching Frazier play the previous year, he could have had a real shot at 14th Region player of the year..Kid is super talented..I honestly wish him the best of luck

I'm sure the kid didn't expect to be ineligible for an entire year.

When he decided to transfer to Perry Central, the doors to Cordia were closed and whether the school would be open was in the hands of the court system.

It was a unique situation.
Folks this isn't college Basketball it's only high school. If a kid desires to transfer then rule him eligible to play and let him enjoy his or her season we don't need no KHSAA trying to tell kids if their eligible to play or not.. Parents needs to grow up and quit blaw blaw blaw about a kid transferring or moving this is what's wrong with sports today is to many jealous parents always trying to ruin a (KIDS) career's and put their self first and afraid a new student transfer is going to move in to their district or region and win.. Of you ain't happy with your current situation then move or work harder to be the winner at the end of the day....... Problem solved..
Thanks to cordia for bringing two of them in. Needs to stop
It took Frazier 6 or 7 months just to get a hearing but a girl transfers from south laurel to clay county and gets a hearing in two weeks. How is that fair?
Jackson city signed off on Cameron. Williams hadn’t played any varsity and reed and Frazier both set out a year. I don’t see what the problem is.
It’s his fault that he didn’t play all year.. He was eligible to play somewhere..
He should have went back to Cordia and played his senior year..
The only problem is there is too much politics in it some can get eligible immediately practically every kid in the region that moved in the region this year played all year but the kids at Perry both had to sit a year. Rules should be applied equally no matter if you like the school or not. Rivals in the region politicked with the commissioner to hold it up but it backfired. Even after the hearing officer ruled him eligible the commissioner sat on it until the regional tourney was over and his time had ran out and it magically appeared.
Did he get his ok to play in the mail yet? game time is at 12, hopefully the mail runs before then. Confusednicker:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm sure the kid didn't expect to be ineligible for an entire year.

When he decided to transfer to Perry Central, the doors to Cordia were closed and whether the school would be open was in the hands of the court system.

It was a unique situation.

Frazier didn’t enroll at Perry until September.....he and Reed walked the halls at Cordia several days with Juice after school at Cordia had started....doors where not closed....Juice waiting on highest bidder!
Patriot train Wrote:Did he get his ok to play in the mail yet? game time is at 12, hopefully the mail runs before then. Confusednicker:

According to this thread, he got his okay to play 2 days ago bub.
Good luck today Marquis and Perry Central