Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Semifinals
SV has played really well this year but VanHoose, May and Ferrell will have a big night and JC wins by 5

Paintsville has the talent to win it all but Pikeville will overcome the Tigers talent tonight and will win by 8
Should be an epic night of basketball at the expo.
Hoping for a Pike County championship game.

Go Wildcats!!

Go Panthers!!
Valley by 5
Pikeville by 3
Pulling for a Johnson County final but SV is a tough matchup for JC. They just don’t really have anyone athletic enough to shut down Potter. He has put up 32 and 25 the two matchups they’ve played before. JC needs May, Ferrell and Vanhoose all to have huge games. I’ll say Shelby Valley by 6.

Paintsville needs Seth Williams to worry more about his game and less about arguing with the opposing players. They need a big night from him and Fugate. I’ll take Pikeville by 4.

Each of these games could easily go the other way though.
Valley by 8
Paintsville by 5
Anyone else sick of these same 4 teams being the only true region contenders year in year out? Kudos to those schools just wish there was more parity. Been a longggggg time since someone not one of these 4 won the boys 15th.
SouthEast18 Wrote:Anyone else sick of these same 4 teams being the only true region contenders year in year out? Kudos to those schools just wish there was more parity. Been a longggggg time since someone not one of these 4 won the boys 15th.

Lawrence County won a few years ago.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Lawrence County won a few years ago.

That’s very true forgot about that. Still point remains they are the outlier
Its not their fault. Shouldn't be sick of it. The teams in the 15th should take notice and try doing something different. try to develop young players, go to coaching clinics, build their feeder programs... I'm a 58th district guy. But sports are not their concern any more. The school board has proven that many coaching hires that wasnt suited for program letting parents dictate how coaches coach who coaches what... betsy Layne may be on the right path as for fc and pburg idk on the boys side. The girls side will be ok with triplett and kidd but boys will be in trouble for years. Pburg let gearheart who was a young energetic coach who made big strides at improving while there for Brent rose who hasn't won anything ever. Had very talented teams but always lost due to coaching decisions....spurlock wasnt a good fit at fc from the start. It didnt matter who got that job they were going to be under scrutiny imo but spurlock definitely wasnt the guy for the job. Floyd county has always been about the buddy system and until that changes get use to seeing these teams playing in semis for region from my standpoint.