Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 66 Leslie County 60 (OT)
I'll update the thread title once I get the score but Buckhorn just knocked off Leslie County in the opening round of the 54th district tournament
Strikeout King Wrote:I'll update the thread title once I get the score but Buckhorn just knocked off Leslie County in the opening round of the 54th district tournament
Buckhorn 66 Leslie Co. 60 in overtime. They played each other on December 1 and Leslie won 72-31. Wow.
I guess they should had put more effort in preparing for Buckhorn than making sure that Mullins didn’t get eligible for Hazard.
No one deserves success more than Coach Blank. He is by far one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.
This may be the biggest upset in the state
Was there anyone at this game? ...That could elaborate how Buckhorn won this game
Coach Blank is and always has been a class act. When you have a couple good guards anything can happen.
Buckhorn made more baskets
griffman Wrote:No one deserves success more than Coach Blank. He is by far one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

I agree! A great man who deserves everything he gets. All I can say is wow. Leslie beat them by 41!!!! Then they make a 47 point turn around??
Unbelievable! We need some details about this game. Someone that was there please enlighten us all. No doubt the biggest upset in the history of girls 14th region basketball. Nothing against buckhorn but from an outsider looking in that should NEVER happen! Congrats to the “HORN” you def gave meaning to the phrase “that’s why they play the games”
Coaches and fans in Leslie county will be having nightmares of this game for the rest of their lives. Oh well!
zaga_fan Wrote:This may be the biggest upset in the state
Buckhorn has its moments when they can play
Wolves fan Wrote:Buckhorn has its moments when they can play

May be true but a 47 point swing? Coach Blank must have did his homework and developed a game plan exploiting every Leslie county weakness and then had his girls buy into what he was selling. Great job coach!
Biggest upset so far
The Horn is blowing loud!!!!!
Conductor Wrote:Was there anyone at this game? ...That could elaborate how Buckhorn won this game

If you were watching the game it just seemed like Buckhorn was the better team tonight. They answered back every time they needed to.

This was close throughout and they simply made baskets. I've watched Buckhorn several times and seen them hang with a lot of teams for a half, but the train always seemed to come off the tracks. If they play four quarters of good basketball, they can pull another upset maybe.
When Buckhorn shoots the ball well, they can very well beat a very good team which is what I’m guessing happened. Congrats to them
Boogie Wrote:When Buckhorn shoots the ball well, they can very well beat a very good team which is what I’m guessing happened. Congrats to them

They did. And honestly, they had some room to improve from the FT line.
Buckhorn has an excellent group of 8th graders and freshmen coming up
Congrats to Buckhorn, great win!
Leslie Co. let Buckhorn hang around. it was 20-18 at halftime. when Buckhorn come out the 2nd half, they know they can play with Leslie Co. and at the end of the 3rd when Buckhorn had the lead, it was over there. in the 4th Buckhorn take some few bad shots, and that let Leslie Co get back in it.
According to the Cantrall ratings, Leslie was about a 26 point favorite. This is easily one of the biggest upsets in the history of the 54th District and 14th Region. It will probably be the biggest upset in the state this season.
Congratulations Buckhorn :popcorn:
I was there Leslie is definitely the better team. One of those nights the shots didn’t fall for Leslie, but did for Buckhorn. Not taking anything away from Coach Blank or Buckhorn, they played great it was their night. But if they played 100 times Leslie would win 99.
Congratulation to Coach Blank and the Lady Wildcats, but this is still one of the most shocking scores from across the state of Kentucky. It was a crazy up and down season for Leslie County.