Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor County Open
It's Marple.
ironfist13 Wrote:It's Marple.

That's an interesting decision to make, if true.

A team that was in the state semi finals, hires a guy who hasn't posted a winning record in his career.
I talked to French the other day, he said that he had talked with Taylor but didn’t apply. From what he had told me, it sounds like he will be sticking close to his home in Somerset. He has a step daughter that he doesn’t want to move away from her dad.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:I talked to French the other day, he said that he had talked with Taylor but didn’t apply. From what he had told me, it sounds like he will be sticking close to his home in Somerset. He has a step daughter that he doesn’t want to move away from her dad.

Completely off topic, but that's a great decision. Football isn't bigger than family, ever.

Good for him.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Completely off topic, but that's a great decision. Football isn't bigger than family, ever.

Good for him.

Someone earlier had mentioned it was between Steven French and Sam Marple. I was just stating that I didn’t think French was in the running based off the conversation we had.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:That's an interesting decision to make, if true.

A team that was in the state semi finals, hires a guy who hasn't posted a winning record in his career.

Not really, they hired Foley with a 0-0 record.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Completely off topic, but that's a great decision. Football isn't bigger than family, ever.

Good for him.

Maybe, one would question why leave Southwestern if that was the case.
plantmanky Wrote:Not really, they hired Foley with a 0-0 record.

He had at least shown some ability on some level. Winning somewhere before is still winning.

And I think the level that Casey has been at after Marple, says a lot.

He just hasn't done anything, in my mind, to justify a hire.
If Sam is who gets it, NO ONE will work harder, or show more spirit and dedication to the job. From what I know the parents and kids who had Sam as an assistant have a good relationship with him. I hope he gets the job. The only thing I hate is it would make us rivals, but we already played Bell anyways. Sam had solid records at Casey, and was a big time part of our winning when we were under Andy Stephens. We didn't have anymore than 20 kids in a couple of Sam's years. I think that's the only thing he could improve, just get more kids to stick it out. Taylor has the foundation started, from what I hear. Personally I'd take Marple over Foley, anyday.
Solid is more than 10 games until .500? I’m not dogging the guy, that just seems like a surprising hire, of indeed true.

If they wanted someone with HC experience, I’d say there’s someone who has posted a winning record before, who would take the job.
To a school administrator, head coaching experience, successful or unsuccessful, carries a lot of weight.
No it doesn't. Thats the stupidest comment I've heard in a long time.
I heard it was offered to Anderson County coach believe he used to be at the college there, that is who earlier the topic was referring to when they said someone turned the position down.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Solid is more than 10 games until .500? I’m not dogging the guy, that just seems like a surprising hire, of indeed true.

If they wanted someone with HC experience, I’d say there’s someone who has posted a winning record before, who would take the job.

If you have 17 kids on a team, playing at the 3A level, it's hard to produce winning seasons. Either way, this is an ultra solid, maybe good, and possibly great (for Taylor football anyway), roster. This season will prove, whoever gets that job, a few things. It'll show if Foley was a really good coach, with pretty good talent, if Foley was an average coach, with really really good talent, and also prove a lot about the coach that gets the job. Stuff can happen, major injuries, etc.. But this will be a nice gauge for this next coach, and where Taylor county football is heading in a new 3A landscape.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Solid is more than 10 games until .500? I’m not dogging the guy, that just seems like a surprising hire, of indeed true.

Not sure what you have against Marple but he has done a great job with our kids at Bell the past couple of seasons. Not being able to post a winning record at casey county during that time period doesn't carry much weight in my opinion. Good luck to Sam I wish him nothing but the best
Marple is the hire
Good luck Sam. Wish you well
Coach M will do a good job. He’s a hard worker.
Finalized things with Marple this afternoon.