Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 89 Clay County 55
Final
Getting late in the season and Clay needs to regroup in a hurry.
Will be a tough environment Pikeville going to Clay on Tuesday. Will be a very tough game.
Is this score for real?
jetpilot Wrote:Wii be a tough environment Pikeville going to Clay on Tuesday. Will be a very tough game.

:pondering: WRONG jetpilot Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Wii be a tough environment Pikeville going to Clay on Tuesday. Will be a very tough game.
They said said same thing when south came over. It’s not a guarantee win like it was back in late 80’s
Wayne_ Wrote:Is this score for real?

Yes
^^Hope you guys are right.
Clay is in trouble. District right around the corner and not playing well. Wishing Coach P, Jones, Davis, or Sizemore had this team. A big difference in coaching at the end of the year compared to early in the season.
Clays fallen apart. Back to back seasons not making region. Coach Grays job in jeopardy?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Clays fallen apart. Back to back seasons not making region. Coach Grays job in jeopardy?

No, Gray signed a 4 year contract something they wouldn’t do for Marcum :popcorn:
Pikeville is playing great , Clay should have keep Marcum just my opinion.
I hate to say it but Clay peaked the night they played the finals of WYMT. It pretty much been downhill since.
Clay looked extremely rag tag last night. Struggled hard with the traps at half court, it forced a ton of turnovers the Panthers converted with regularity. And Pikeville is really starting to look very good at the right time again. That football rust has disappeared and they are looking scary smooth and loose.
Clay is on the decline but this is an impressive win no matter how you look at it.
64SUR Wrote:No, Gray signed a 4 year contract something they wouldn’t do for Marcum :popcorn:
The Super over there must owe people a lot of favors or something. I guess Clay will have to wait till next year when all the teams in that region graduates everyone before they can win anything. Would love to see this bunch with a great leader. Skies the limit. Tony P, please come to Clay.
I disagree with the “Clay declined after the WYMT”, they won two tournaments after that and beat North by 12. They didn’t lose for a month after WYMT, regardless of competition. The decline began when all the injuries happened.

Now, two of those players are back so that makes losing like THIS a bad loss. Pessimist in me says, now is when you start to question things. Optimist in me says, this is a perfect example of recency. One year removed from a 14-15 season with basically the same roster and not making region (draw may do that again). If I said preseason they would end the regular season 20-9, everyone would take it.
I wonder what was the largest loss margin that a Bob Keith coached team ever had while he coached at Clay. I bet it wasn't 34 pts.
UKCC Wrote:I disagree with the “Clay declined after the WYMT”, they won two tournaments after that and beat North by 12. They didn’t lose for a month after WYMT, regardless of competition. The decline began when all the injuries happened.

Now, two of those players are back so that makes losing like THIS a bad loss. Pessimist in me says, now is when you start to question things. Optimist in me says, this is a perfect example of recency. One year removed from a 14-15 season with basically the same roster and not making region (draw may do that again). If I said preseason they would end the regular season 20-9, everyone would take it.

I see Clay County going 1-6 down the stretched or 2-5 not counting district :popcorn: Proved me wrong tigers
Clay was playing really well the first couple weeks of the season and while its true the injuries have hurt them, I tend to think they've started worrying more about individuals getting their points more than team.
Every team deals with injuries. Clay has one kid out now that avg 4 points a game. So I think the injury excuse can gradually go away. Gray is the first coach in 40 plus years that didn’t take clay to region and it may happen for the second consecutive year.
Still a very young team with tons of potential. A new coach would be great but we’ll see how it pans out.
A 35 point blowout to a team ranked below you will usually put the coach on the hot seat